2007 BMW X3

8.0

Based on 256 Ratings for the 2004 - 2010 models.

Blown head gasket at 70,000 miles

By on Saturday, March 07, 2015

Pros: "Nice ride and comfort"

Cons: "Reliability stinks"

"For all the hype of German Engineering this car could not even make it to 100K with out major engine problems. All the Fords, Chevy's and Chryslers I have owned have never had any major engine issues. Bodies would not last but powertrains would run forever. I thought I upgraded to reliable, quality vehicle but end up with a lemon. Bought it used at 30K and biggest mistake of my life. Ran great up until head gasket blew without warning. Split the expansion tank from top to bottom and left my wife stranded on interstate. Just need to get it fixed so that I can trade it in on an American car. BMW never again for me."

My dream car, turns into a frustrating nightmare!!

By on Thursday, January 15, 2015

Pros: "Sharp looking, but looks can be deseaving!!"

Cons: "Very poor over all quality for all the hype!!"

"When I finally was able to buy one of the car brands I had admire ever since my adolescence, I thought I had reached a milestone. Up to this point I had owned many different brands of cars some very good and some adequate. The worst car I have ever driven in terms of quality and reliability is a 1980 Ford Fairmont, the second worst is my 2005 BMW X3. At only 65K miles this car leaks more oil than the Alaska pipe line, it needs a new transmission, leaks water in the cabin, ciling lining drupping down, both back electric windows had to be replaced, window seals all around deteriorating, radio had to be replaced, a/c issues, starter and ignition system replaced, fuel pump, headlamp electric issues ( I've had to replace more bulbs in this car than in all the cars I've owned put together), passenger side airbag issues, windshield wiper fluid pumps replaced, rocker arms need to be replaced, etc, etc...... Other than that, I can truly say BMW has built the "ULTIMATE DRIVING MACHINE" to drive to and from the repair shop that is. I think BMW is short for Bring me More Work!! (That's good news for the mechanics!!.). LoL, LoL NOTE: this car has never even received a door ding, garaged 50% of the time and pampered like a primadona!!. When I contacted BMW's customer satisfaction team all they could say is " but you have a very beautiful, safe, high performance car Mr. RodNey, doesn't that ad weight all the other non sence " Never again BMW, THANK YOU MAZDA, TOYOTA. Best cars I've ever owned!!!!!!!"

This is the least reliable care I have ever owned.

By on Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive when it runs."

Cons: "This car is a repair nightmare. Dump before 100K"

"It was a fun good care until it hit 100,000 miles. I now have 126,000 and have dropped 9K on repairs. I have had 3 BMWs and this is my last. They do not make cars to last and then pork you for repairs. I am done and never buying a BMW again."

For sale my BMW X3!!!

By on Saturday, November 15, 2014

Reason: Travel overseas

Pros: "good price but we can talk!!!"

"condition: good 2005 bmw x3 3.0i odometer: 126500 paint color : black size : sub-compact type : SUV drive : 4wd fuel : gas transmission : automatic title status : clean For sale my BMW X3 Rare Black on Black Version sport pack 3.0i, powerful and runs great with clean title and carfax available. asking 10600 OBO below kbb."

Ultimate Driving Machine ???

By on Thursday, November 06, 2014

Pros: "Handles well, feels solid, some nice features"

Cons: "Electronic interfaces a terrible PAIN to use"

"Bought CPO and immediately had a problem while on road stranded with failed fuel pump. All towing, repairs, etc covered, but we waited almost 3 hours for a flatbed tow thru BMW Assist (in car like OnStar). Had to rent a car to get home, etc. After repair gas gauge is erratic sometime reading full immediately after a fill up, sometimes taking 1/2 hr or more to show correct fuel level. Also the car is very slow to respond to accelerator input. Press accelerator, count to 3, car goes. We find car difficult to drive smoothly, and have for the 2+ years of ownership. Definitely not as polished and poised as a $50K + SUV should be. Finally, we found dealer service to be VERY expensive."

Perfect small SUV

By on Monday, October 13, 2014

Pros: "Excellent handling, roomy interior, compact size"

Cons: "Non-intuitive cruise control"

"We have had this 2007 X3 since it was new. It has been a reliable workhorse and fun to drive. Handling is excellent for an SUV, and the size is perfect for hauling lots of stuff."

We love this truck.

By on Saturday, October 04, 2014

"always taken care of this vehicle. My wife just wants to drive a new Audi Q-5 so we are trading it so someone else can get another $100,000+ great, reliable, BMW miles out if it."

Over all it's okay, not as good as expected.

By on Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Pros: "Very good in snow."

Cons: "Very harsh ride."

"very good engine & features. Hard ride and transmission shifts too soon from 1st to 2nd."

Love my BMW 2008 X3 3.0si. Handles wonderful.

By on Friday, July 18, 2014

Pros: "GREAT machine and FUN TO DRIVE"

Cons: "Premium gas."

"Love my 2008 BMW X3 3.0si. Great feel and holds the road great!! A great driving experience. Had a 2006 325i and loved it too! I don't care what anyone says, there is nothing like driving a BMW, they are great cars. Only down fall is that I have to put premium gas in and now a days, it's really hitting my pockets."

SAV with car-like handling. Fun to Drive.

By on Thursday, June 19, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive. Utility. Quirky good looks."

Cons: "Coil springs, transfer case, valve cover repairs."

"I bought my X3 (E83) used with 48,000 miles on it in October of 2011. As of June 19, 2014, it has nearly 103,000 miles. I bought it as a transitional car after selling a new car that I no longer wanted. Quickly I realized what a great car the X3 is, but there were some major repairs. The rear coil springs broke so, I replaced all four with Eibachs. I repalced the shocks with Bilsein HDs. The setup makes the car handle better than with the junk OE stuff. Surprisingly, it rides much better too. Firm, but smooth and controlled. I had to replace the transfer case actuator switch ($900.00) and valve cover ($800.00+) in the fall of 2013. The crankcase breather is a part of the valve cover. When that goes, the whole valve and gasket has to be replaced. Recently I had the transfer case fluid, antifreeze, spark plugs, and differential fluids changed. All regular service items along with oil changes and brakes. Overall I like the car. It is fun, utilitarian, and handles like a sporty car. It is pretty quick too. I could have done without the major repairs. All things considered, if they still made this body style, I would probably buy another X3. Along with the Porsche Macan, I am considering the X1 as a replacement. The X1 has the quirky looks of an E83. To me, that is a good thing. One more thing. I have BMW style 150 wheels at all 4 corners (all are 19x8.5, 46mm offset) with brand new Pirelli Scorpion Verde tires in 255/40-19. This combo makes a huge difference in how the car responds. 255 mm wide tires in the front really bring it under control. Cheers!"

The very best at speed and handdeling!!

By on Thursday, May 22, 2014

Pros: "It is the best most fun car I have ever had !/:-)"

Cons: "The window Part has to be replaced:-("

"This car is bar none the funnest and best safest driving experience ever!!"

Great all-around vehicle

By on Saturday, April 19, 2014

"Great all-around vehicle"

A few minor problems with a VERY good car

By on Sunday, April 13, 2014

Pros: "Sporty, fun to drive and performs very well."

Cons: "Poor throttle modulation causing jerky ride cold"

"Bought "Certified" and fuel pump died 6 weeks later (still on factory warranty) so no cost but a 3 hour wait for a flatbed tow. Drives and handles much better than a regular SUV, faster and no lean in corners, but throttle modulation (drive by wire) sucks. Engine surges and car jumps when put into gear when engine is cold. Problem goes away once warmed up. Maintainance is expensive once off warranty. If you're looking for an SUV that performs like a large sports car, this (or the Porsche Cayenne) is it."

NOT AS GREAT AS IT IS MADE OUT TO BE

By on Wednesday, March 05, 2014

Cons: "HAD ALL OPTIONS-DONT THINK IT WAS WELL ENGINEERED"

"MANY PROBLEMS OVER THE YEARS WITH DEAD BATTERIES-THEY WERE ALWAYS LESS THAN 3 YRS OLD"

BMWX3

By on Friday, February 28, 2014

"Awesome car I have had it since 2006. Bought it with 24,000 Miles it has 145,000 it has zero problems. Highly recommend. My son has his license now, its probably the safest car for him to drive."

A solid, dependable and wonderful driver's car!

By on Monday, February 17, 2014

Pros: "Solid as a tank, reliable, driving dynamics, style"

Cons: "Would like automatic lift gate & rear view camera"

"Great car to do it all. Plenty of space without being so large it does not fit into compact stalls. Lots of power, wonderful cornering and driveability, and is a very stylish package with the M Sport package. Really enjoy the soft, oversized M Sport steering wheel and sport tuned suspension with the sport package. Bluetooth works wonderfully. Such a great car!"

DO NOT BUY USED over 60k miles

By on Sunday, January 26, 2014

"Bought this car used when it had 60k miles and the engine light has stayed on pretty much the whole time. I have had it for a year and a half and bought it from a dealer. Just over a month from having it, I had to get something on it fixed. I have had it just over a year and have had to fix things on it totaling over two thousand dollars. This car is a money pit and it still does not drive as nice as I got it. The light is on again and I will have a new problem fixed next week. It will cost me 500 bucks (400 for parts and 100 for labor). This has been the worst car that I have ever owned and it makes me question if I will ever buy a used or new BMW ever again. I am just so disappointed in the quality of this car. It just looks nice. That is about it."

I love this car am realtor need newer car

By on Monday, January 20, 2014

Pros: "auto 4 whl dr,great snd system,comfort,exl drive"

Cons: "none that I can think of, may buy new one"

"I have never had any engine or any other maintainance problems. Was in accident not involving other vehicle, car needed exterior body work only, no interior or engine damage."

Good to 65,000 miles

By on Sunday, November 10, 2013

Reason: Expensive to repair

"Up to 65,000 miles, everything I hoped for. After that, a money pit - trip computer died, seats split, window lifts broke, sunroof broke, rear coil springs broke, an oil leak developed the dealer couldn't find ... Every visit to the shop cost between $1500 and $2500. Put more into it in the past year than it was worth at trade in."

Best ride ever!

By on Friday, October 18, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive, reasonable priced for a luxury car"

Cons: "none that should prevent you from owning this"

"This is the best car I have ever owned. Bought it with 3 years and 38000 miles on it. Extremely solid ride and handles the road beautifully. Awesome power. The cold weather package is amazing. As lame as it sounds, it makes you feel like a king on the road. On the flip side, the navigation system is not great. Also the car tends to act weird when doing inclines, even small ones. Also maintaining can be a pain, even small things like brakes and tires are pricey. But hey, that is a part of German driving experience. Overall, a fantastic car to own!"

I love my X3

By on Monday, October 14, 2013

"The only issue I have with this car is that its a lil too cramped inside. I smash my knee getting in and out all the time. And im only 5'4. I should've got the X5. But other than that I love this car! Its great"

Fun vehicle but maintenace is high after 50K miles

By on Saturday, September 21, 2013

"We really enjoy this car when it is not in the shop. Maintenance is costly after 50k miles or has been on this one anyway. $1500. every time it is time to change oil for something else besides oil."

Worst car ever owned

By on Saturday, September 07, 2013

Pros: "Drives great"

Cons: "Horrible quality and reliability"

"Multiple sunroof repairs, mechanical, electrical and leaking All four window regulators replaced within the first four years Transfer case replaced at 48000 miles Cylinder head replaced at 48000 miles Water pump, thermostat, and expansion tank replaced at 60000 miles Vapor barriers in door leaking flooded car Loose grommet at rear of car under bumper loose, flooded trunk."

Worst car I have ever owned

By on Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Pros: "none"

Cons: "too long to list"

"This car has cost me monthly to maintain. I will NEVER buy another BMW again."

Does it all

By on Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Pros: "under CPO warranty great value and TCO is great"

Cons: "watch transfer case replacement timing"

"This is vehicle that all the others want to be."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching BMW X3 near Honolulu. See local deals