2006 BMW X3

7.9

Based on 266 Ratings for the 2004 - 2010 models.

Very Surprised and happy

By on Thursday, November 17, 2011

Pros: "Size, handling, safety and fun to drive."

Cons: "harshish ride"

"My wife wanted one of these and I was certain that the car would not be comfortable for me as I am well over 6' and big. Comfort is excellent. I own other European cars and this one has everything I need and want. Headlights are great, power is great, controls are great, quality is great, the ride is silent but firm. Excellent manners and handles very very well. I can't say enough good about this car. By the way, I own a European Auto repair shop and won't own a NEEDY car (Saab, Volvo). Very safe bet,"

Certified Pre Owned BMW...Better than advertised!

By on Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Pros: "Great value, low maintenance, comfortable"

Cons: "Controls not intuitive,back seats not lie flat"

"Bought this 2007 BMW X3 in 2010 with 25,000 miles and today had Level 2 service at 71,000 miles. I have not had a single problem in the 50,000 miles I have driven the car. The car is still tight, suspension shows very little sign of wear, brakes have been magnificent (5 on front and 4 on rear... 5,000+ miles left?) and engine loves to rev! Oil consumption has never been an issue between service intervals (18,000 miles for me). Only negative has been that transmission at times will rev to 4,000 rpm going uphill in 3rd (?) gear before up shifting...I say "hunting for power". When I bought the BMW, I said I would trade it in when the extended warranty and maintenance contract expires 8 months from now...but this car has EXCEEDED ALL MY EXPECTATIONS!"

Great auto & wonderful driver

By on Wednesday, January 30, 2013

"I love this car. The size & cargo space are great. It 's a joy to take on long road trips. handles superbly at 29 mpg highway a super road car. I am small and the seats adjust so I can position myself perfectly. I like the height on the interstate. Met all of my expectations. Hope the new X3 can match it."

not your avg SUV

By on Sunday, January 27, 2008

"This car has been a pleasure to drive. With the right tires it is great in the snow and one of the best driving cars on the roads. For an SUV or course. The warranty is part of what sold me the car. Maintainance cost is completely covered. Service is professional. Drive one and you'll know what I mean. The X3 drives like a car not like a cross over!!"

Vehicle saved my life

By on Tuesday, October 18, 2011

"I was involved in a head-on collision (I was stopped and other car was traveling at about 65 MPH) and although the complete front end was crushed and demolished, the interior cab was completely intact. I was only hurt by the airbag and seatbelt. I cannot say enough about this vehicle and how because I was in this vehicle, I was able to walk away from a head-on collision. I would definitely recommend this car."

Excellent, reliable and safe car

By on Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Pros: "Well worth the money. Fun to drive and safe."

Cons: "Styling is a ilttle old but still beautiful."

"The X3 is an extremely reliable vehicle. You can drop the back seats and load quite a bit in the back. It's not "fancy" but does its job extremely well. It is a great vehicle for AZ where many people own huge SUVs. It sits high enough to give you a great view of traffic. The X3 handles beautifully and is easy to turn around in parking lots and other tight spots. My wife loves driving it around town."

Nagging problems

By on Tuesday, January 13, 2009

"3 times in for leaking sunroof. 3 times in for non-operating passenger rear view mirror. 3 times in to replace airbag seat mat 2 times in to replace accelerator pedal. Replaced window regulator, steering gear and rear brakes (e-brake problem). The car was in the shop 8 times during the first 2 years of ownership."

A GREAT SUV

By on Friday, January 2, 2009

"I have had my 2008 X3 for about a year now. I still love it like the day i bought it! A great SUV. PROS: 1. Very Realiable (not one problem yet) 2. Fun to Drive!! Good Power & Excellent Handling for an SUV. 3. Good Gas Mileage ( I average about 19mpg) 4. Very Cool Pano Sunroof There to many pros to list! CONS: 1. Cup holders (almost useless, way to small) 2. AUX port is in the back seat, so you cant play with your IPOD when your driving. Do not get the upgraded stereo, standard one is just as good."

Sports Car SUV

By on Wednesday, January 23, 2008

"This is my second BMW, the first being a 3-series sedan. It's a blast to drive, handles curves like a BMW should, and glides down the highway at 80 MPH with no effort or strain. Holds my family comfortably and feels safe on the open roadway. As other owners have pointed out, the auto transmission feels rough at times, and jumps up and down the gears at lower speeds to a point where it's easy to think something's not right. BMW swears that it's just the nature of the beast, so I'll trust them on that for now. They do have a new software download that supposedly offers a fix to the issue. Other than that, the vehicle is tight, noise-free, well-built, versatile/practical, and fun to drive. It's understated in its design, yet engineered exactly as you'd expect a BMW to be. No problems to date - highly recommended."

A blast to own and still turns heads

By on Thursday, January 24, 2013

Pros: "handling, responsiveness"

Cons: "firm feel on the road is not for everyone"

"I purchased this 2007X3 MSport package certified pre-owned in 2011 for 29K- the garage kept, low mileage (17.5K) and gorgeous alpine white convinced me and I have to say its a sharp car that doesn't disappoint. I agree totally with one reviewer about the strange need for the engine to hold on the a lower gear on long mild uphills- its so bizarre! Otherwise the power of the 3.0L 260 engine is perfect for city driving. I can tap on the gas and know its not going to let me down- I have become a more confident city driver because it is so thoroughly responsive and fast to accelerate...this totally makes up for the gritty road feel-in fact I'm a happier as the driver than the passenger because its a driver's car-I know why people love this car its a total pleasure. I love the '07 much better than '08-'11- the sporty look of all white is a head turner. Just recently had an issue with the front/rear parking sensors- under warranty bc I purchased the extended warranty but other than that 17k miles with no issues whatsoever."

Great SUV

By on Sunday, November 11, 2007

"I have owned my X3 since March 2004. It now has 75K miles on it. It is the 3.0 with the 6 speed manual. A truely great SUV. Having owned 5 different SUV's over the years (98 Passport, 02 Tribute, 02 Rav4, 01 Rav4, and 04 X3), the X3 drives like a tall sports car. I also presently own a 85 300ZX Turbo and a 93 300ZX NA and I still feel the X3 drives like a sports car. It is truely a drivers machine. I have had some issues with mine, DSC computer replacement, clutch at 28K miles, and complete replacement of the moonroof, all on warrantee. And an Air Bag computer replacement, powersteering hose blew off, both at my expense, and oil changes are $125. Also, my vinyl drivers seat side bolster started cracking at 51K miles and now has delaminated over a inch wide and 4 inches long. So I would not rank the X3 as high in quality as I thought BMW should be, But it is still a pleasure to drive it. Gets better gas mileage than any previous car I have owned with a steady average of 23.5 and a highway mileage of over 27 MPG. Tha Rav 4 at 1200 pounds lighter and 75 HP less gets only 20 MPG. Go figure??? I would recommend this SUV to anyone."

By on Sunday, November 11, 2007

"This is the first BMW I've ever had. It is a fun car to drive and it does handle great. We had no problems on the snow and zipped past many other cars slipping around. However, I was expecting so much more for my money. I am really dissapointed in the comfort. The windows rattle, the moon roof whistles, the cup holders are stupid! The air doesn't ventilate to the back seat passengers. I can't wait for my 3 year lease to be up in 5 months."

Solid Vehicle

By on Thursday, October 27, 2011

Pros: "great quality, classy look for a SUV"

Cons: "steering is tight and hard when not rolling"

"I bought my X3 2.5 new and have really enjoyed it. This car is built like a tank. Everything has that tight German functional engineering. The steering is stiff and requires some effort when not fully up to speed. I would not want to parallel park this car daily. The 2.5 engine is fantastic on gas for a SUV and provides plenty of power. The ride is very SUV like, this is not a smooth luxury ride. But this car is fun to drive if you are looking for a SUV that handles like a sport car. This beast is incredible in the snow and just can't be stopped. I have had zero problems with it and would recommend it for someone looking for great build quality, fun driving, good on gas, classy looks."

Nice, zippy, compact SUV

By on Thursday, April 3, 2008

"We got the X3 the first year it came out. I was expecting there to be bugs and there was. The auto roll down feature on the front passenger side was on the fritz after a year and a half. The dealer took care of that and that was that. Everything else so far has been excellent. Driving dynamics on the X3 is without any comparison! It handles like a BMW sedan, not a heavy SUV! And the compact size makes maneuvering in traffic and parking in tight spaces a breeze. BMW's 4 year comprehensive maintenance program makes the cost of ownership after purchase relatively how. Highly recommended."

Best Handling car, Handles as well as my Trans Am

By on Thursday, October 13, 2011

Pros: "Best handling and most fun vehicle to drive."

Cons: "Not as reliable as you would like for the money."

"Although i have had some mechanical failures such as 4 wheel drive actuator motor, And a small oil leak. I would still recommend this car or SAV as they call it, to a person who wants the conveinence and room as a SUV that is great in snow whith its traction control (that is more advanced then any other i have driven)that can hold quite abit despite it smaller appearance, And you still have a vehicle that is insanely fun to drive. Their is not many other cars that have driven that have handled or have rode as well, inculding sports cars. If you like to have fun when you drive and want something you can drive all year. This is it. Nothng else comes close to doing both as well. This SAV was actually only second place to the Porsche Cayenne for bracking in 2004 when it was intraduced, And 2 stock X3's won the 2004 Alcan Winter Rally. Which is one of the hardest if not the hardest winter races, Any vehicle that can do that gets my vote."

Love it!

By on Thursday, June 25, 2009

"Absolutely love my x3 and have never had one thing go wrong with it! Handles like a sports car and got me safely around and even uphill through ice and snow! I have been leasing it for 3 years and do not intend to give take it back!!! I'm buying it in a month. Worth every penny!"

Cosmetic issues

By on Sunday, June 21, 2009

"There are many features I love about the X3, which I bought after driving a 3-series for several years. Hatch space is deceptively voluminous. Handles well. Love the styling. Con's are: driver seat leather is wearing out on side seam with less than 37K miles on car, front bumper paint bubbled and peeled (covered by warranty), and please, what is it with BMW's hatred of cupholders? Overall, happy with my purchase and would make the same purchase again."

By on Thursday, May 21, 2009

"I have had every possible problem with this car. It is cute but a LEMON as far as I am concerned"

Great Vehicle, FUN TO DRIVE!

By on Tuesday, July 8, 2008

"I recently bought a 2006 x3 used and couldn't be more satisfied. These cars go for great prices on the market right now, and for the price I paid I can't believe I received such a great vehicle (AWESOME value!). The reliability of the car has been perfect so far, with no worries in the future do to BMW certification! The quality of the vehicle is great. My only complaint would be some of the cheapish materials used on the interior. They're aren't bad by any means but just not up to BMW standards. This vehicle is a beast when it comes to performace. It has great pickup and handling! Styling is in the eye of the beholder and I absolutely love the look of this car. To top it off the x3 is quite spacious for a small SUV and has plenty of legroom and seating options for 6-footers like myself. My only complaint is that the seats could have a tad more cushion for the long hauls, but they're much better than the seats I had in my Rav4. Overall this is a great car. It's definitely one I will keep for years to come (or trade in for a new x3)"

Still love it!

By on Thursday, March 27, 2008

"I've had my X3 for 4 years now & I still love it! Had a Ford Explorer before & WOW does this hanldle better! Can fit almost as much cargo, too, & much more comfortable for driver & passengers."

Fun & Safe

By on Thursday, November 1, 2007

"Upgraded to the 2007 X3 from a Nissan Murrano 5 months ago. I desired fun sporty handling, more speed, solid chassis (without squeaks & rattles... sorry Nissan) and some utility for my bikes & gear. Oh yea... I also preferred and ordered a manual shift. I'd have to say I hit the mark with this one. At almost 8K miles, I'm still impressed with how this vehicle handles "s-turns" with ease and the amazing top end performance on the highway. No problems with anything so far. Gas mileage for a 4100 lb suv is pretty good@ 22 -24 mpg overall. I'd have to say, despite the hefty price tag, its the real deal for a small SUV. This vehicle handles wonderfully driving at its limits and so safe as I recently found out by avoiding a deer on a narrow country back road in NH. Haggle with your BMW dealer for the best price... its worth it!!"

FUN TO DRIVE! BUT...

By on Sunday, September 9, 2007

"The more I drive this vehicle the more I enjoy it. However, the mileage is really bad, I average approx 16-17 mpg. I wish the interior styling was a little fresher. The GPS system is especially difficult to use, I still have to use my TomTom. To summarize I wish some of the interior technology was not so primative. With all that said it is still FUN TO DRIVE!"

Great Buy

By on Thursday, August 16, 2007

"I owned since march 2004. No problems at all. Great gas mileage and Engine Power. I only replaced the rotors covered by guaranty. X3 proves that you don't have to pay $ 45,000 or more to get a BMW. No way to pay that money for the X5 to get few more horsepower that you don't even feel."

NOT AS GREAT AS IT IS MADE OUT TO BE

By on Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Cons: "HAD ALL OPTIONS-DONT THINK IT WAS WELL ENGINEERED"

"MANY PROBLEMS OVER THE YEARS WITH DEAD BATTERIES-THEY WERE ALWAYS LESS THAN 3 YRS OLD"

Best ride ever!

By on Friday, October 18, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive, reasonable priced for a luxury car"

Cons: "none that should prevent you from owning this"

"This is the best car I have ever owned. Bought it with 3 years and 38000 miles on it. Extremely solid ride and handles the road beautifully. Awesome power. The cold weather package is amazing. As lame as it sounds, it makes you feel like a king on the road. On the flip side, the navigation system is not great. Also the car tends to act weird when doing inclines, even small ones. Also maintaining can be a pain, even small things like brakes and tires are pricey. But hey, that is a part of German driving experience. Overall, a fantastic car to own!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching BMW X3 near Honolulu. See local deals