2006 BMW X3

8.0

Based on 257 Ratings for the 2004 - 2010 models.

Stable reliable suburban workhorse

By on Sunday, October 28, 2012

Pros: "Ride, reliability, seat comfort (front) visibility"

Cons: "Rear seats, sunroof, driver legroom width"

"Bought this as a pre-cert from BMW. Most comfy among smaller SUVs. Excellent road handling, good breaking, not-so exciting acceleration. A bit noisy inside, made noisier by BMW decision to design a rambling muffler. A very Euro driving experience, if a bit bumpy on NYC roads. On the negative side, very tight driver legroom space, a strange need for the engine to hold on the a lower gear on long mild uphills, and yes, more then enough fix ups as the car ages. The cost to maintain is something to contend with, especially at current dealer service. Best road ride with Pirelli Scorpions ASRs. Would get it again, if priced competitively. Probably another pre-cert?"

Great Compact utte

By on Wednesday, December 12, 2007

"Ive got an 04 3.0 Liter with a 6 spd. The car drives outstanding. I bought a certified pre owned car and have had no problems in 3 months of driving. Do not buy it new, its best to get em 2 to 3 years out, you avoid the initial hit. After this period it holds its value well. The M54 engine is great! Its SIMPLE to change oil in it, plus other routine maintenance. I have worked on BMW's for years, this is the 8th BMW I have owned and I can say its one heck of a product, not perfect (NOTHING IS), BUT when compared to others, it packs a heck of a punch."

Great auto & wonderful driver

By on Wednesday, January 30, 2013

"I love this car. The size & cargo space are great. It 's a joy to take on long road trips. handles superbly at 29 mpg highway a super road car. I am small and the seats adjust so I can position myself perfectly. I like the height on the interstate. Met all of my expectations. Hope the new X3 can match it."

Very Pleased after 3 years

By on Sunday, August 19, 2007

"I bought the 3.0-X3 while stationed overseas prior to our first child being born...wanting something safe with performance. I've been 100% satisfied in both areas for over 3 years. We had a blast traveling all over Europe in this thing, and have been back to the states for 3 months and still loving it. Yes the ride is a little stiff, but I found that more of plus than a minus. Not being an expert and reading all the reviews before buying, I was a little put off when I heard them complain about this...and over the years have found this way down on the priority list toward determining my satisfaction with this car. What was important to me was: I've never experienced a single problem (not even a bulb needing replaced). I was, however, disappointed in the BMW service when we returned to the states. It felt like they didn't really have time for us when asked simple questions about getting our US warranty started. Situation may have been isolated to one service agent...as things have gotten better since we switched to another agent at our request. But has seriously left questions in our mind about future purchases...but that's not the car's fault. Over the last 22 years I've owned (purchased new) a Mazda RX-7, Audi-80, Ford Explorer, Jeep Wrangler, and now this...all being great cars. But looking back, I've found this X3 to have many of the best aspects of those cars all rolled into one. My wife and daughter love this car, and we expect several more years of satisfied use."

Certified Pre Owned BMW...Better than advertised!

By on Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Pros: "Great value, low maintenance, comfortable"

Cons: "Controls not intuitive,back seats not lie flat"

"Bought this 2007 BMW X3 in 2010 with 25,000 miles and today had Level 2 service at 71,000 miles. I have not had a single problem in the 50,000 miles I have driven the car. The car is still tight, suspension shows very little sign of wear, brakes have been magnificent (5 on front and 4 on rear... 5,000+ miles left?) and engine loves to rev! Oil consumption has never been an issue between service intervals (18,000 miles for me). Only negative has been that transmission at times will rev to 4,000 rpm going uphill in 3rd (?) gear before up shifting...I say "hunting for power". When I bought the BMW, I said I would trade it in when the extended warranty and maintenance contract expires 8 months from now...but this car has EXCEEDED ALL MY EXPECTATIONS!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching BMW X3 near Honolulu. See local deals