2005 BMW X3

8.0

Based on 256 Ratings for the 2004 - 2010 models.

Love this Car

By on Tuesday, April 03, 2012

Pros: "Price (used), handling, build quality, power, fun"

Cons: "Sun roof noise, no instant MPG, spendy service"

"I've owned this car for about a year now, first BMW I've owned and I've got to say I am impressed. This car has tons of power and feels so solid on the road. It corners better than any car I've ever driven, with very little body roll and it's an SUV/crossover. The all wheel drive system is amazing and handles very well in the snow. The seats are very supportive and comfortable, and the seat heaters are awesome when it's cold. We also get pretty good milage, better than what the EPA claims. Were getting 21 MPG overall and on trips it can get as good as 27 MPG (if you drive conservatively) but when my wife drives it only gets about 24.5 or so. As far as the negative, there are a couple things, There is a bit of wind noise from the sun roof that gets kind of annoying, but it manageable. The other thing is there is not instant MPG readout from the computer. It can get expensive if your not a do-it-yourselfer for service, but it is a BMW so I guess thats to be expected. Thats about it. All in all, this is a great car and in my opinion a great value...at least used. We paid $13,000 from a private party, tons cheaper than a 4 runner with the same miles and options, and tons funner to drive."

Stable reliable suburban workhorse

By on Sunday, October 28, 2012

Pros: "Ride, reliability, seat comfort (front) visibility"

Cons: "Rear seats, sunroof, driver legroom width"

"Bought this as a pre-cert from BMW. Most comfy among smaller SUVs. Excellent road handling, good breaking, not-so exciting acceleration. A bit noisy inside, made noisier by BMW decision to design a rambling muffler. A very Euro driving experience, if a bit bumpy on NYC roads. On the negative side, very tight driver legroom space, a strange need for the engine to hold on the a lower gear on long mild uphills, and yes, more then enough fix ups as the car ages. The cost to maintain is something to contend with, especially at current dealer service. Best road ride with Pirelli Scorpions ASRs. Would get it again, if priced competitively. Probably another pre-cert?"

Great Compact utte

By on Wednesday, December 12, 2007

"Ive got an 04 3.0 Liter with a 6 spd. The car drives outstanding. I bought a certified pre owned car and have had no problems in 3 months of driving. Do not buy it new, its best to get em 2 to 3 years out, you avoid the initial hit. After this period it holds its value well. The M54 engine is great! Its SIMPLE to change oil in it, plus other routine maintenance. I have worked on BMW's for years, this is the 8th BMW I have owned and I can say its one heck of a product, not perfect (NOTHING IS), BUT when compared to others, it packs a heck of a punch."

I am spoiled!

By on Thursday, May 30, 2013

Pros: "fun, comfortable and stylish to drive"

Cons: "small cup holders, little breaks, expensive fixes"

"I used to make fun of my friends who LOVED their BMW's, and now I'm one. I love my X3! It's fun to drive, it's comfortable and it's cute (ok it's a good looking car)! I drive about 35-40K miles a year and this is BY FAR the most comfortable car I've ever had. I can drive for hours and my back doesn't hurt. It has great acceleration and steering, just lots of fun to drive. The only downside is that it has had to go to the shop several time for minor things. Yes minor, but things that you wouldn't expect to go wrong with a BMW. The center vent came loose (twice), the headliner came loose, little things--but still. And the gas mileage is ok. About 23 on the road. All in all, I love the car and would highly recommend it! But buy the extended warranty!"

Great auto & wonderful driver

By on Wednesday, January 30, 2013

"I love this car. The size & cargo space are great. It 's a joy to take on long road trips. handles superbly at 29 mpg highway a super road car. I am small and the seats adjust so I can position myself perfectly. I like the height on the interstate. Met all of my expectations. Hope the new X3 can match it."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching BMW X3 near Honolulu. See local deals