2016 BMW X1 Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $32,885 - $34,339.

Click on an icon below to access that browser�s download page.

Info valid for your area through 09/01/2016

Based on 5 Ratings for the 2016 models.

9.8/10
    9.8/10

Absolutely Terrific Automobile

By on Thursday, May 26, 2016

Pros: "Heads up Display, I Drive, Power Tail Gate"

Cons: "NONE"

"I am always skeptical of auto companies touting “NEW & IMPROVED” or “COMPLETELY REDESIGNED.” But, in the case of the BMW 2016 X1 it is the ABSOLUTE TRUTH. I traded in a 2014 X1 2.8i X Drive in against this one and there is a world of difference between the two vehicles. The interior is well appointed, ergonomically friendly and seemingly much larger and roomier than the 2014. The I Drive electronics interface is WAY, WAY, WAY improved from 2014. I disagree with the articles I have read that state this vehicle doesn’t drive/handle as well as the First Generation X1 because it is FWD. I have found the handling characteristics extraordinary in any of the three available driving modes. And I am still astounded as to how much torque there is from such a small engine. One stomp on the accelerator will change your thinking if you think this little puppy is underpowered."

BMW hit it out of the park on 2016 X1

By on Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Pros: "Fun car to drive, quiet, plently of room,"

"I traded in my 2013 X1 on the 2016 X1 after the first drive. The 2013 was a good vehicle, but it had a few short comings. The redesigned 2016 X1 takes care of all them and then some. I looked other SUVs in this price range. I found it quieter. The driving position and the visibility better. It has more interior room. Both the interior and exterior design is great in my opinion. It handles well and has plenty of power for any real world driving need. The fuel economy is excellent with combined driving of 29 mpg. Looking forward to a long road trip in this X1"

Best In Its Class

By on Sunday, July 3, 2016

Pros: "Practical, fun to drive"

Cons: "Standard equipment not up to par with rivals"

"With our growing family it was time for our family car to get an upgrade as well. Our priorities were practicality, fuel efficiency, size, and of course, something that's fun to drive. We chose the 2016 X1 because it meets or exceeds all our priorities. I was originally looking at the VW Tiguan or Audi Q3 and while both have a lot more standard equipment than the X1, both are surprisingly not practical in terms of space/cargo and fuel efficiency. The Toyota RAV 4 and Lexus NX offered more room but didn't offer the option of having some real fun if you wanted to relieve some stress after work or to just go on a weekend drive with the family. The X1 is hands-down the most well-rounded vehicle in this segment; it's just too bad that BMW continuously tries to squeeze every cent out of you in terms of options."

Love this car. It seems perfect, everything works

By on Sunday, June 26, 2016

Pros: "milage, quickness, overall quality"

Cons: "small front seats"

"Lots of power, good milage, quick, many bells and whistles that I love."

Love at First Drive!

By on Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Pros: "Smooth ride, large backseat and very stylish, com"

Cons: "Sunvisor is extremely small"

"I owned a 2009 BMW 335i xDrive. I truly loved it. I had no intentions of buying a new car. I was at the dealership getting my car repaired. I asked if I could test drive the x1. I took her for a test drive and fell in love. The car advisor suggested that I take the car home with me while my car was been repaired. When I brought her back I decided to trade my car and keep my BMW x1.The car has a smooth ride. The back seat has a lot of room for my son and daughter. The car is comfortable and stylish. Now you know why it was love at first drive :-)."