2014 BMW X1 Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $27,736 - $28,970.

10/7.6

Based on 49 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

Great Compact SUV! iDrive controller is Awesome.

By on Thursday, March 14, 2013

Pros: "iDrive Controller, Fuel economy, great engine"

Cons: "Navigation good but could be better."

"I ordered mine from the factory to get the exact options/features I wanted. Took about 2 months but that included Christmas holiday. I have 2WD with turbo 4 (called the sDrive i28...confusing!) Fuel economy has been 28 city and 32 on my only highway trip so far. Acceleration is stunning for the gas mileage it gets. Some have criticized the auto start/stop but I don't find it disturbing. Yes, it is noticeable when it restarts, but hey...you just saved all that gas at long stop lights. Also, can push button to turn off the feature if in a drive-thru lane or similar stop and go situation. Very well designed interior. I chose Terra cotta leather with matte wood trim and it looks great! I agree that navigation system isn't up to the standard of the rest of the car, but it is still quite good in my opinion. The iDrive control system is awesome and worth the cost of the navigation system all by itself. It is easy to use, convenient and very intuitive. Controls phone, navigation, media (iPod/CD, etc), radio, vehicle settings and displays. Easier to control systems with BMW iDrive than with my wife's Mercedes GLK 350 controller but the Mercedes Nav display is a bit better. My X1 feels more responsive and nimble whereas her GLK feels more solid but sedate. For those who complain it's too small...not sure why you'd look at the X1 in the first place. That's the point of it. It is a high-performance, road hugger (for an SUV) but it isn't designed or suitable for a family of 5 with all their gear on a trip. Leg room good in rear unless front seats fully pushed back, then too tight for most adults. For me, it was the perfect combination of features, performance and utility (I carry kayaks and mountain bikes a lot). I highly recommend this car."

The Little Bimmer that Could!!!

By on Wednesday, October 02, 2013

Pros: "Great Maneuverability! Excellently priced!"

Cons: "A bit smaller."

"I bought this car for my wife after she was involved in a car accident and have had it four days now and she is loving every minute of driving. Got the 2014 X1 X Drive with the panoramic moon/sunroof, memory driver seat, 18" run flat tires all for $35K out the door. I thought I negotiated well for the price since the sticker price was $34950. One tip for car buyers, decide on what model you want, research, stick to your price out the door (including sales tax and registration) and wait for the end of the month to shop. Dealers have to boost or achieve their quotas, therefore, much willing to deal. So far, everything has been great. The MPG is as advertised and it is so easy to maneuver. The panoramic moon/sunroof just makes it all better. This is her first BMW and surely not the last. The interior is roomy enough. She loves the memory feature on the driver seat as it makes it more convenient. The dashboard is a bit smaller that the other cars she owned. I will put in another review in about 10 months when we've had more miles driven."

Best ever!

By on Tuesday, November 06, 2012

Pros: "Handling, mpg, sunroof, space, good price, wipers"

Cons: "center dash mounted door lock button"

"There is little I don't like about this sdrive X1. The handling is superior on the twisty roads in the mountains. The power is amazing. The gas mileage has NOT been below 30 mpg and we got 35 mpg on a highway exclusive drive. The seats are very comfortable for 6'2" and 185 lbs. The electronic features make sense and are many. Ours has heated seats, headlight washers and the premium package. The panoramic sun roof is great. The SUV shuts the engine off at stop lights and starts immediately when you let off the brake. The ability to switch between rain sense automatic and variable speed wipers is great. What a great vehicle!"

Great mileage and handling

By on Sunday, August 11, 2013

Pros: "Gas mileage, handling, seats, bluetooth"

Cons: "No temperature gauge."

"I have the X1 Sdrive. My gas mileage is well above the stated mileage. Recently on a 410 mile stretch of road in Washington we achieved 37.46 mpg at 70 mph. The lowest mileage I have ever gotten is 25.4. The roads here involve large hills and many curves. Some of the most "twisty" roads I have ever experienced are handled with ease. The handling gives you confidence in curves. I will very soon be going in for the first service, but I have used very little oil and the tires, Goodyear, keep pressure better than any ires I have ever had."

Small Sporty SUV

By on Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive, peppy acceleration, good on gas"

Cons: "too many buttons, gadgets for pragmatic folks."

"High quality paint and materials. Engine sounds like a diesel at idle, esp on start up (was told by dealer this is normal). Drivers side mirror could not adjust inward enough for short people. BMW put out an SIB bulletin on how to fix...dealer fixed. As break in miles roll along, notice better power and gas milage. Sporty, fun to drive...little too much buttons, lights, and gadgets for pragmatic drivers."