2014 BMW X1 Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $27,167 - $28,571.

10/7.6

Based on 47 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

Excellent wagon alternative

By on Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Pros: "Superb handling; rock solid; fast."

Cons: "Could use more standard equipment."

"Valencia Orange with M Sport Package, heated seats, Harmon Kardon stereo system, Bluetooth and BMW Assist. I didn't get any other options since I don't necessarily need them. The car (SUV perhaps) is great to drive. It's way faster than one might think considering it has a 2.0L inline 4, although it is turbocharged. Handling is excellent compared to any SUV and many cars for that matter. I've surprised myself along with many other drivers with the speed and agility of this car (it still has hydraulic power steering). It really puts a smile on my face everytime an on-ramp (or off-ramp) presents itself with no traffic to slow me down. I would recommend this car to anyone looking for compact SUV with great engine and handling."

Fun and Disappointing

By on Thursday, January 09, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive"

Cons: "fuel economy nowhere near stated"

"I love driving this car. It's very responsive- accelerates sharply and turns on a dime. The X1 feels safe and it's comfortable. I wish it was available with a manual transmission. I am 6'4" and have plenty of room to drive or sit in the front passenger seat. Not true for the back seat. The cup holder for front seat passenger is intrusive to the passenger's space. However, our X1 is only averaging 23 MPG. Our driving is mostly highway and my wife, the primary driver, is a cautious driver. She doesn't push the car. The BMW dealer seems unconcerned with the mileage. We have brought it back numerous times, and have been told, "You know this is a high performance car, don't you?" We traded in a Lexus RX 350 for this car. The Lexus was an unresponsive log truck of an SUV- cushy comfortable and safe, but not fun to drive. It got 23 MPG. We traded the space of the Lexus for supposed increased fuel economy of the BMW. The BMW hasn't delivered and we'll will be looking elsewhere at the end of the lease."

I LOVE THIS CAR... eh SUV...eh Crossover

By on Monday, October 22, 2012

Pros: "fun, cool, nice, tasteful, quality"

Cons: "plastic parts, back seat space"

"I owned a 2008 328i and really loved that car and was reluctant to trade but I was getting pretty close to the 50,000 mark and was ready for an upgrade. The online videos and reviews are misleading. They will say it looks like a wagon or awkward, but it is really a beautiful car. And I like the fact that I don't really see too many on the road. EVERYONE had a 3-series out here so it was like driving a Corolla or something. It is an adjustment going from a 6 cylinder to a 4 because it doesn't zooom like my last car, but it's still fun to drive. Also I am not a fan of plastique! My 3-series had wood or at least plastic that looked like wood...lol spare me the high-priced tupperware. They could have put more space but I am enjoying iDrive, Komfort system and all the technology. I find excuses to drive. I ordered the car Friday and got it on Saturday! Great car! I like the rims too..."

Fits like a glove!

By on Tuesday, July 22, 2014

"Awesome handling. Just wish it had remote start. Very important in the upper Midwest."

No Gas mileage, no zip, brakes are lackluster

By on Sunday, January 27, 2013

Pros: "price good , fun to drive, corners well"

Cons: "MPG brakes zip not the best. NAV poor"

"I gave the car a 10 but as compared to my 328xi the X1 comes in last. I drive all highway miles and have not been able to get the car over 26.4 mpg even using the ECO mode. I had to teach myself how to drive again because the brakes are not like the 328...I could stop on a dime in that car but with this one it is very difficult to stop the car. The engine is a 4 and the 328 is a 6 cyl so I get why it is not very zippy. I purchased the Ultimate pkg and please do not buy the Navigation. Do not spend the $2200 just go get a Garmin. The navigation is awful. Whoever designed it should drive with a Garmin for a week and then go redesign the BMW package. The car corners well and is very comfortable. It has plenty of room and is comfortable for 5. Drive the car repeatedly before you purchase. Make sure it meets your expectations not your desire for an inexpensive BMW"