2013 BMW X1

Based on 28 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

Best compact crossover I have owned

By on Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Pros: "Fuel efficient fun and easy to drive"

Cons: "Can be small for some families"

"I purchased this car in June of 2013 as a brand new 2014 model. My X1 was replacing my 2008 Buick Enclave. The X1 is much smaller than my previous Buick, but that's what we were looking for. Some people underestimate the power of a 4-Cylinder BMW has perfected this engine and it has beyond plenty of power with a top speed of 155 MPH. Great family car can fit 4 large pieces of luggage 28-34 MPG stylish, luxurious, and extremely comfortable traditional BMW. The first week i purchased it I put 4,000 miles on it and loved it every step of the way! In March I had a sensor to go out and caused my engine to run on half power but this happened in my driveway. BMW towed it in and fixed it and returned it to me 2 days later. As anyone knows sensors can go bad on any new modern vehicle. My only complaint is the hatchback when you are getting things (groceries, luggage, etc.) out of the trunk there is no protection for the paint on the bumper so if anything is dropped here it is scratched especially since my car is black. A year later I have 22,000 miles on my BMW and I have no other complaints it has been and will be a great vehicle."

From Mid-size car to a compact SAV

By on Monday, July 14, 2014

Pros: "Fun to Drive , Great Fuel Economy, X-drive"

Cons: "Add-on Cup holders, No power liftgate"

"I've recently purchase a leftover 2013 BMW X1 28i model and have driven just over 500 miles. I loving this SAV every moment. Making the transition from a 2010 nissan altima to this BMW entry level SAV consist of a lot research with pro and cons. First, hats off to the BMW engineers for designing a 4 cylinder engine with so much power (go Turbo) at a low range of the RPM band, this is one of the reasons I purchase this car. In addition to the X-drive and the fuel saving with the ECO-Pro. Which, so far, I get about 26-27 mpg in city driving and 30 -33 mpg highway. The interior is classic BMW, it's a spartan design. If you don't like a spartan design, do not purchase this crossover. Speaking of crossover, BMW is one of the first manufacturer's in this segment. So, of course, during my research many automotive reviewers compare this car to Range Rover Evoque. I disagree, the SAV competitors are Infiniti EX-50 or the Audi Allroad. The design intent for these competitors are the same, small package, light offroad capabilities (i.e. dirt, snow) and increase cargo area. The BMW x1 interior is great, especially with the panoramic moonroof. This is give the SAV a very open feel. The seats are firm , but comfortable. The automatic shifter takes a little time to get use too, but after a couple trips around block it becomes second nature. The 40/20/40 rear seats give you alot of flexibility, but with a small car, the legroom is compromised. It's not as bad as you may think. The Infiniti ex-50 rear legroom is almost non-existent. The X1 is comparable to the Audi allroad, with a slight advantage to the allroad due to the overall length. I've X1 without the idrive, which I am glad I did , because with the USB connector near the shifter, I can plug-in my iphone 5 and perform a number of tasks - play and control my music, plus run the navigation app (Maps or Google maps) and get turn by turn directions, while listening to my music. You'll save yourself $2,500 but you will not get the rear view camera. BTW - the 8 speakers, 180 watts sound system sounds great. Dare I say better than a nissan altima bose system ..hmmm! The add-on cupholder is really tacky. How could the BMW engineers executed and build a well-designed engine, but couldn't design a place for the second cupholder - come'on guys! At this price range - that was seriously discouraging. There are a few minor dislikes (i.e. no power liftgate, radio controls -multiple steps, run-flat tires - expensive ) but after assessing the pro and cons, I had to review the whole package. The 4 years/50,000 free maintenance, BMW assist, warranty and other perks made this a compelling purchase into a luxury brand. Transiting from a mid-size to a compact SAV was not a easy decision, but a long day -this commuter has a smile on this face when he hit the gas pedal."

Sporty ute, great milage for power and torque

By on Saturday, April 19, 2014

Pros: "BMW power & handling but yet great on gas"

Cons: "Could use more storage and room in hatch"

"This small SUV has plenty of pep and 260 ft lb of torque at a low 1250 rpm. The 8 speed auto is quick and responsive. Handles like a sports car. Getting avg 26 mpg in mostly city driving."

My least favorite vehicle I've ever owned....

By on Monday, April 14, 2014

Pros: "decent styling"

Cons: "engine, transmission, mileage, value for price"

"...traded in STI about a little over a year ago, and have regretted it ever since. It doesn't do anything particularly well and the one thing that I acquired it for (mileage) it is an epic failure (about 21.5 mpg in normal driving conditions). It's decently styled with the M-package, and the interior is well appointed but not for the premium paid. The engine is about 100 hp down from the weight of the car. The transmission always feels like it's one or two gears off. The stop/start is obnoxious and loud. And the engine sound on start up is like an old diesel without the torque or the mileage. It's a functional car about $20K too much for what you get. It is certainly less than an "ultimate driving machine"."

Drives like a Car with the Room of an SUV

By on Tuesday, April 08, 2014

Pros: "Good fuel economy, superb craftsmanship, Powerful"

Cons: "Passenger cup holder location, stereo interface"

"Very fun car to drive and very functional. I have had it for over a year now and I am extremely satisfied. Between highway and city driving I am getting 26-27 mpg, and I don't always take it easy. The car is very fast with the twin turbo four cylinder engine. We ski, so the fold down center back seat comes in real handy when carrying skis. Overall a great car."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching BMW X1 near Honolulu. See local deals
See if you qualify for