2013 BMW X1

Based on 41 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

great commuter car.

By on Friday, January 09, 2015

Pros: "comfortable drive"

Cons: "black paint around windows has poor finish"

"I bought this as a commuter car, and i love it. I have decked it out with electronic upgrades and cold weather package. I am very happy with the car and its performance. it is a comfortable ride, has good road presence, and is excellent in handling in snow/ice conditions. i love the cargo space, my full size dog rides comfortably."

Okay but not great

By on Thursday, January 01, 2015

Pros: "good acceleration"

Cons: "leaks, engine knocks, poor quality materials"

"The car is a smaller SUV, with adequate space for people and stuff. The navigation system is a bit confusing. The quality is really poor, the seats are not leather, the area where the spare tire goes rattles, the engine has a knock, the car is not sealed properly (so it will leak sometimes when it rains or when you go to the car wash), it is just not a very good car. I had a Mercedes Benz prior to this and expected the quality to be comparable, but it is not. The one good thing is that the car accelerates very well, it is definitely a turbo, and for those who like stick, there is a manual mode where you can shift the car. The promised four years of maintenance by BMW is a farce: it only includes certain maintenance items; further BMW has refused to address the engine problems or leaks. Don't buy this car!"

Good value, but very small cargo area

By on Thursday, December 18, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive"

Cons: "Small trunk"

"I have a 2015 X1 with a 6-cylinder engine, which replaced my 2011 135 coupe. The X1 is a very capable car; fun to drive, but with a lot more weight to push than the 135. The rear seating compartment is adequate, but tight. My real issue with the car is the lack of trunk space for suitcases, groceries, etc. It's quite a nice car, and with the 6-cylinder engine has a lot of pep, but if room is a consideration I'd look towards the X3 or X4. As far as maintenance, no issues through 9000 miles, after driving through Germany and the USA. Nice car, small storage...."

Ultimate Driving SUV/CUV type vehicle

By on Thursday, November 27, 2014

Pros: "Fast and Great MPG, Awesome fun to drive"

Cons: "Options are pricy"

"The X1 is a great fit for my family. The size just works for my 2nd wife and I with either the 2 80 pound dogs or the 2 kids I share with ex-wife. With the kids and the dogs we fit, but we would need to put luggage in a roof carrier. Ride is excellent, no floating around, feels very secure and yes, you feel a few bumps because it is always so well planted. The handling is better, very balanced, instills confidence to push a little harder. Engine/Transmission combo is a dream. 0-60 is quick, big smile on face. Have to scan the area for cops before putting the gas pedal to the floor because you are going to be speeding in the matter of a second or two. Gets over 32 MPG's at 75 MPH on highway trips. Did I mention that it is fast too? Spend the money on the Premium Package and Cold Weather Package. The lumbar support with heated seats are awesome. Heated steering wheel is also really cool in the cold winters."

Excellent Vehicle

By on Monday, November 24, 2014

Pros: "Power, torque, driving, mpg, comfort, price"

Cons: "Some interior made of polymer composites"

"Recently bought a 2014 BMW X1 xdrive 28i loaner with 10K miles on it. Came fully loaded with ultimate + cold weather + lighting packages +panoramic sunroof, Harmon Kardon sound, Pedal shifters and BMW apps for $33.5K (what was $44.5 brand new) - there, we saved $11K. After driving for about three months and putting 1500 miles on it, I think the X1 is the best compromise of power, gas mileage, space, speed and comforts, taken together. The drive is beautiful and smooth. My wife and I are extremely happy with the purchase. Prior to buying X1, we test drove Q3, Q5, X3, Forester (cabin noise above 70mph), Outback, GLK 250, RDX, Lexus, Volvo V60, CX-5 (poor rear view angles and cabin noise) - none of them came closer to X1 in terms of driving dynamics, power/torque, space inside, low cabin noise at high speed, interior etc., all taken together. The closest match for comparison to X1 xdrive 28i would be Audi Q3 (Prestige) or Benz GLA series. Comparison between Audi Q3 (left) and BMW X1 xdrive 28i (right) as follows: (a) 200hp & 206lb.ft vs. 240hp & 260lb.ft; (b) 20/28 mpg vs. 23/33 mpg; (c) 6.6" vs. 7.0" ground clearance; (d) $43,000 vs. $41,000 (similar specs) (e) 1yr/5000mi vs. 4yr/50,000 miles coverage; (f) 0-60 in 8.2s vs. 6.2s; (g) Cargo space: 19.2cu.ft./ 48cu.ft (seats folded) vs. 26cu.ft/ 56cu.ft (seats folded). As you can see, it's not that hard to make the choice. We were initially against any BMW , because we are inclined towards Audi. But the X1 completely changed our notion after test driving it. Yes, BMW could have added few interior parts with better quality materials, but overall, this is a fantastic car. Don't be fooled by its looks. I really loved the Q5 TDI but the price even for used cars are $50K for premium plus trim."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching BMW X1 near Honolulu. See local deals