2013 BMW X1

Based on 39 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

Good value, but very small cargo area

By on Thursday, December 18, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive"

Cons: "Small trunk"

"I have a 2015 X1 with a 6-cylinder engine, which replaced my 2011 135 coupe. The X1 is a very capable car; fun to drive, but with a lot more weight to push than the 135. The rear seating compartment is adequate, but tight. My real issue with the car is the lack of trunk space for suitcases, groceries, etc. It's quite a nice car, and with the 6-cylinder engine has a lot of pep, but if room is a consideration I'd look towards the X3 or X4. As far as maintenance, no issues through 9000 miles, after driving through Germany and the USA. Nice car, small storage...."

Ultimate Driving SUV/CUV type vehicle

By on Thursday, November 27, 2014

Pros: "Fast and Great MPG, Awesome fun to drive"

Cons: "Options are pricy"

"The X1 is a great fit for my family. The size just works for my 2nd wife and I with either the 2 80 pound dogs or the 2 kids I share with ex-wife. With the kids and the dogs we fit, but we would need to put luggage in a roof carrier. Ride is excellent, no floating around, feels very secure and yes, you feel a few bumps because it is always so well planted. The handling is better, very balanced, instills confidence to push a little harder. Engine/Transmission combo is a dream. 0-60 is quick, big smile on face. Have to scan the area for cops before putting the gas pedal to the floor because you are going to be speeding in the matter of a second or two. Gets over 32 MPG's at 75 MPH on highway trips. Did I mention that it is fast too? Spend the money on the Premium Package and Cold Weather Package. The lumbar support with heated seats are awesome. Heated steering wheel is also really cool in the cold winters."

Excellent Vehicle

By on Monday, November 24, 2014

Pros: "Power, torque, driving, mpg, comfort, price"

Cons: "Some interior made of polymer composites"

"Recently bought a 2014 BMW X1 xdrive 28i loaner with 10K miles on it. Came fully loaded with ultimate + cold weather + lighting packages +panoramic sunroof, Harmon Kardon sound, Pedal shifters and BMW apps for $33.5K (what was $44.5 brand new) - there, we saved $11K. After driving for about three months and putting 1500 miles on it, I think the X1 is the best compromise of power, gas mileage, space, speed and comforts, taken together. The drive is beautiful and smooth. My wife and I are extremely happy with the purchase. Prior to buying X1, we test drove Q3, Q5, X3, Forester (cabin noise above 70mph), Outback, GLK 250, RDX, Lexus, Volvo V60, CX-5 (poor rear view angles and cabin noise) - none of them came closer to X1 in terms of driving dynamics, power/torque, space inside, low cabin noise at high speed, interior etc., all taken together. The closest match for comparison to X1 xdrive 28i would be Audi Q3 (Prestige) or Benz GLA series. Comparison between Audi Q3 (left) and BMW X1 xdrive 28i (right) as follows: (a) 200hp & 206lb.ft vs. 240hp & 260lb.ft; (b) 20/28 mpg vs. 23/33 mpg; (c) 6.6" vs. 7.0" ground clearance; (d) $43,000 vs. $41,000 (similar specs) (e) 1yr/5000mi vs. 4yr/50,000 miles coverage; (f) 0-60 in 8.2s vs. 6.2s; (g) Cargo space: 19.2cu.ft./ 48cu.ft (seats folded) vs. 26cu.ft/ 56cu.ft (seats folded). As you can see, it's not that hard to make the choice. We were initially against any BMW , because we are inclined towards Audi. But the X1 completely changed our notion after test driving it. Yes, BMW could have added few interior parts with better quality materials, but overall, this is a fantastic car. Don't be fooled by its looks. I really loved the Q5 TDI but the price even for used cars are $50K for premium plus trim."

Low MPG

By on Thursday, November 20, 2014

Pros: "Looks great, fun to drive, lots of interior space"

Cons: "Very low mileage than epa, weird cupholder place"

"The BMW x1 x28i is a fun car to drive with good looks, great interior space and a huge moon-roof. The advertised MPG is not true. I tried everything but couldn't get the mileage higher than 19.9 mpg. I drive 50/50, start-stop on, eco mode on, and very careful acceleration. I feel like I've been deceived. I drive from the city to the suburbs and I am very disappointed with the mpg. I took it to the dealership and they told me that there is nothing wrong with the car. They reset the trip calculator and drove it for a couple of miles and said it is making above 27 mpg. But that is not an accurate reading when you really drive it in the city and the highway. Maybe highway alone I could reach that number (which I doubt). While driving the car in higher speeds you will hear the wind noise louder from the doors. It could have been made quieter. Also the second cup holder placement is really weird which makes me to not use it. They could have done a better job with that. My friends love the look of my car which is in black color."

Perfect Vehicle for My Needs (and Wants)

By on Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Pros: "Powerful, handles well, commanding starts & stops"

Cons: "Packages are pricey, not enough standard equipment"

"The X1 was my introduction to BMWs after driving Toyota products for years. I traded in my top-of-the-line 2010 Prius for the xDrive35i, and couldn't be happier (although to be fair, the Prius was awesome -- just not for Seattle driving). Here in the PNW, I was really looking for something with AWD, power, control and comfort. I found all those attributes in my loaded X1. The price was higher than I had planned, but that's because I had originally priced the xDrive28i. Then I test drove the 3.5 -- amazing power under the hood, fantastic acceleration, nimble freeway driving, and still easy to park for those urban excursions. I'm looking forward to remaining in the BMW family."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching BMW X1 near Honolulu. See local deals