2013 BMW X1 Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $28,027 - $29,128.

10/7.7

Based on 25 Ratings for the 2013 - 2014 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

My least favorite vehicle I've ever owned....

By on Monday, April 14, 2014

Pros: "decent styling"

Cons: "engine, transmission, mileage, value for price"

"...traded in STI about a little over a year ago, and have regretted it ever since. It doesn't do anything particularly well and the one thing that I acquired it for (mileage) it is an epic failure (about 21.5 mpg in normal driving conditions). It's decently styled with the M-package, and the interior is well appointed but not for the premium paid. The engine is about 100 hp down from the weight of the car. The transmission always feels like it's one or two gears off. The stop/start is obnoxious and loud. And the engine sound on start up is like an old diesel without the torque or the mileage. It's a functional car about $20K too much for what you get. It is certainly less than an "ultimate driving machine"."

Drives like a Car with the Room of an SUV

By on Tuesday, April 08, 2014

Pros: "Good fuel economy, superb craftsmanship, Powerful"

Cons: "Passenger cup holder location, stereo interface"

"Very fun car to drive and very functional. I have had it for over a year now and I am extremely satisfied. Between highway and city driving I am getting 26-27 mpg, and I don't always take it easy. The car is very fast with the twin turbo four cylinder engine. We ski, so the fold down center back seat comes in real handy when carrying skis. Overall a great car."

Awesome vehicle - my 3rd BMW and my favorite

By on Monday, March 17, 2014

Pros: "Awesome small SUV"

Cons: "Need a manual option"

"Purchased the X1 as I wanted a smaller and fuel efficient small SUV. Size is perfect for my husband and I to go one weekend camping or hiking trips. Ride is awesome as expected from a BMW. It is fast, quick to respond and just have a lot of personality. I love its versatility. My co-workers and friends love the car as well, in fact my boss bought the exact came car."

X1 35i xDrive SAV AWD BMW

By on Saturday, March 08, 2014

Pros: "Great in the snow, powerful acceleration"

Cons: "Rough ride, road noise, backseat comfort"

"Yeap. It's not an SUV or, as my teenage daughter likes to refer to it as, a station wagon. One of my young bloods at work asked me if it came with wood panels. Many wondered why I got rid of my 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7L Hemi for this odd looking pocket rocket of a car. To put it bluntly the production and manufacturing design engineers at Jeep should spend a mandatory one-year overseas internship with any of the European auto makers to learn what it means to engineer and manufacture a vehicle where at least the seams of the vehicle all follow the same symmetry and width. The Jeep had too many seam variations and nothing lined-up nicely. There's something very intriguing about the 35i twin-turbo six that can't be explained unless you've been there. I've owned several cars in my life and can say without hesitation this engine is one of the most powerful stock engines I've had the pleasure pushing the pedal on. Now, the X1 itself is mildly comfortable at best. Despite full leather heated seats and steering wheel, the front driver's seat is not the most plush thing you'll ever sit in...especially if you're a person like me pushing the 50 mark and are in-need of something more comfy than a thin piece of padding. Slightly worse are the rear seats that are really not worth bothering with in my humble opinion. The back seats are best suited for holding ski gear and groceries. I originally bought this vehicle because come this fall it'll just be my wife and I. Both of your kids will be in college and only come home on their breaks; however, we've come to realize even on their short breaks we can not all fit into this car comfortably. Fine for short rides around town, but we're all really dreading the two trips across country this summer for two weddings. On a final note, this car is chocked full of odd cheap rubbing and cracking plastic sounds that I've not been able to isolate. Worse yet, there's an internal air leak/whisping sound in the upper left-hand corner of the driver-side window that dealership can not isolate. I've owned several BMWs and can say with certainty this one is the cheapest made one yet. The brakes are solid, the ride is harsh on any surface less than premium blacktop, and does relatively well on the MPGs (hard to keep in the low 20s because of the temptation to routinely place your foot into the floorboard so you can hear the screaming twins!!). Great daily, sure-footed commuter car for the often odd Colorado fall, winter, and spring driving conditions (snow, sleet, rain, ice, and slush). Looking forward to getting some time in this vehicle, then getting rid of it for my dream car...CPO'ed low mileage 2013 Audi A6 Prestige Quattro Sedan."

I Love This Car!

By on Friday, March 07, 2014

Pros: "Exceptional"

"I have had Fords all my life, from a simple Escort GT in the 80's to a top of the line F-150 King Ranch. I was ready for a change. On line I looked up cars similar to what I was currently driving, a 2013 Ford Escape Titanium 4WD. Although the Escape was a very nice car, it was not without it's set of challenges. When you add up all the minor annoyances and researched the vehicle in more depth, I realized I purchased an inferior product as compared to the BMW X1. I found the BMW X1 by chance. I didn't know they made an X1 and was I surprised to find out how all the hype over BMWs over the years definitely lived up to the aforementioned reputation. This is an exceptional crossover vehicle. The level of options for all price ranges was unbeatable and I never felt like I settled for anything whatsoever. I got a loaded version in the sDrive and couldn't be happier. It is zippy, fun to drive and very classy. I am so pleased I look into this vehicle and purchased one as a treat for my "mile-stone" birthday. Thank you BMW Doug"

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25