2009 BMW M5

9.4

Based on 51 Ratings for the 2006 - 2010 models.

9.8/10

Love my car.

By on Monday, April 02, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, Fun to track, comfortable"

Cons: "expensive to maintain, consumes oil, gas mileage"

"I love my car. The drive, the handling, the community are second to none. When the warranty is gone however, it can get expensive, and the car can have expensive issues such as SMG and alternator. However, if those are replaced, even factory replacements, it lasts the life of the car. Additionally, oil consumption (TW60) is common for this car, but only if your pushing it (IE Tracks, racing, "spirited driving" etc) You will not drive another vehicle like this, the last of the V10s, and the sound is unmatched. Its one of the most responsive and powerful cars I have ever driven. It will be a sad day if I ever have to get rid of it."

Perhaps the best car I have ever owned

By on Saturday, September 03, 2011

Pros: "Comfortable, fast, reliable, steering almost as good as a 911"

Cons: "shifting is not always smooth"

"I have owned 18 BMW's and this might be the best. It was the second M5 the dealer got. It needed a battery earlier this year and that is it. The car is quiet, fast, comfortable and drives like a sports car. I love it."

BMW M5 - 96%

By on Sunday, February 08, 2009

"I bought a BMW M5 three weeks ago, and I am very impressed with it. Its powerful engine, upscale interior, and great handling contribute to an excellent car, which in this case is the BMW M5. Let's take a look. Under the hood of the M5 is a massive but impressive 5.0 liter V10 engine producing 500 horsepower. That engine is bigger than enough for me, though as I said, it's a very impressive car. When I tested the M5 around the track, I got 0-60mph in 4.4 seconds. It feels every bit that quick. My head pushes into the chair when I accelerate. Yep, it's that quick. Handling is very good. The car is fun and easy to drive, and ride quality is pretty good. Standard features of the BMW M5 include air conditioning w/dual-zone climate controls, cruise control, power tilt/telescopic leather-wrapped steering wheel w/radio controls, interior air filter, 18-way power driver seat, 14-way power passenger seat, power front headrests, memory system, power sunroof, wireless cell phone link, leather upholstery, universal garage door opener, navigation system w/voice recognition, upgraded sound system w/traffic information, and heated front seats. So as you can tell, the M5 comes very well equipped. Options include ventilated front seats, a heated steering wheel, multifunction front seats, upgraded leather upholstery, iPod adapter, power closing doors, and keyless start. The only aspect that annoyed me was the fuel economy. I usually get an average of 11 miles to the gallon. Gas prices are still very low, but with them creeping up, I'm not sure if I would recommend the M5 to people who are worried about high gas prices. The M5 is an all-around sports car, yet it can easily seat five passengers. All five passengers will be satisfied with the ride. The BMW M5 is a roller coaster on wheels, and I highly recommend it."

oil burner

By on Friday, February 29, 2008

"The car is a great performer but it does ride a bit rough. Has the best exhaust note ever! It has also been to the dealer a little too often but... they usually get it fixed. It also destroys the inside of its rear tires in less than 10,000 miles while crusing!! and "yes" the allignment is spot on with factory specs & they cannot explain why it does this. But here is the bottom line - it burns oil, a lot of oil. It has done this since it was new and they cannot make it stop! Therefore, I do not recomend this car!"

I LOVE IT!!!

By on Saturday, December 27, 2008

"I just bought a 2009 M5 in White w/black leather interior and it is AWESOME! It was a birthday/christmas/getting divorced present for myself! I have never owned a BMW before, but boy...I will always drive one - I am a believer now! It handles exceptionally well, but the automatic shifting feature seems a little laggy. I've been too nervous to manually shift, but hopefully it shifts more smoothly in manual. The features are also awesome, it came with all of the extras."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching BMW M5 near Honolulu. See local deals