• 2014 Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

2003 BMW M5

9.8

Based on 70 Ratings for the 2000 - 2003 models.

9.8/10
    9.9/10
    10.0/10
    9.8/10
    9.9/10

This car truly is a wolf in sheeps clothing

By on Sunday, April 13, 2014

Reason: maintenance cost

Pros: "sleeper factor"

Cons: "expensive when it breaks"

"This was one of my top three cars ive owned. It was comfortable and convienient, while also being incredibly fun to drive. It never had any serious issues in the time i had mine. With that being said, parts and labor are right up with every other car that cost north of $80k when new. Just something to consider as these cars go up in age."

Nothing else like it

By on Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Pros: "Outstanding handling and performance...in luxury"

Cons: "The cup holders aren't very good but who cares?"

"I've owned the M for 9 years and I can honestly say that I have never owned or even driven anything else like it. I was not in the market for a car when I bought it, but it was love at first sight sitting there in Imola Red with Red/Black leather interior and I had to make her mine. It is my "daily driver" and though fuel economy around town is not the greatest (approx. 17 - 18 mpg) once on the open road, that is quickly forgotten. I honestly have no idea what I would replace it with because everything else will be a step down. I'm in my early 60's and have always been an enthusiast. Living in the snow belt I was concerned about winter driving, but after putting winter tires on it, I have never had any issues. I would highly recommend buying one of these if you can pry one out of the owner's hands."

Try it and you will never be happy with another ca

By on Monday, September 23, 2013

"The best performing and solid comfort car that I have ever owned."

Performance, comfort and four doors - none better!

By on Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Pros: "Value, fun, practical and good looking"

Cons: "The cup holders are worthless"

"I've had this car for almost 7 years after buying it used and still love to jump in a take it somewhere. Every drive is a kick and I've loved to take it on road trips. Even though it's known for its performance, it's got so much room I can fold down the back seats and carry 10' lumber, bikes, etc. It's low key and still those who know cars know that it's potent. Sometimes folks will want to race and that's up to you. Me, I've never lost. The bad news - it's a dinosaur. A fossil fuel swiller. The not such bad news - it gets about 19MPG overall, so there's little penalty for the (outrageous) performance. If you care about the earth, drive it 20% of the time and drive the Prius the other 80%. That's what I do. One more note. Of all the M5's the E39 is considered the high water mark. They kept getting faster, but got heavy and that's no good for handling or MPG."

Must Drive to Realize Quality

By on Thursday, March 28, 2013

Pros: "Power, Handling, Luxury, Engineering/Build Quality"

Lemans Blue Exterior, Caramel Interior

"Firstly, the BLue Book value of the car is way off. (Sorry Kelley, but you're off by a whopping 60% for this car make/model.) This car is a dream to drive and has all the luxury features most folks would ever want. It is expensive to maintain but when maintained as described by BMW, it is very reliable. It seems that BMW did not spare any expense when engineering this car and I highly recommend driving one if you are a car enthusiast. It is particularly good at high speeds and is geared for it."

Lemans Blue Exterior, Caramel Interior

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching BMW M5 near Honolulu. See local deals
See if you qualify for