• 2014 Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

2013 BMW M3 Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $55,558 - $57,577.

10/8.4

Based on 65 Ratings for the 2008 - 2013 models.

Previous | 1 2 3 | Next

Stunning car to drive $ beautiful to look at!

By on Thursday, September 04, 2014

Pros: "Beautiful design, exceptional performance"

Cons: "Gas Guzzler, Expensive maintenance"

"This is the 3rd BMW M series that I have owned. It is an amazing automobile in every way. The 4 door sedan design is both graceful and muscular yet very functional. The engine hums like a symphony and is very responsive. My car is a 6 speed manual which I totally love as it seems so integrated to the cars power and handling. It feels very solid and handling is very tight... and it is very fast! I keep it under control but it is so happy at higher speeds. Being semi retired and living in a car dependent area does pose a problem: It is a gas guzzler as I average 16 mpg. Therefore, I cut back on driving so I can afford gas This is not good as I usually drive at least 20 miles to reach various locations. My choices are to sell it and buy a more fuel efficient BMW (328i) or buy a used fuel efficient daly driver. The decision is very difficult as I love my Silverstone/red leather M3 and it's hard to let go!"

So much fun to drive

By on Sunday, June 29, 2014

"This car is just a blast to drive! It is a great daily driver and so well balanced at the HPDE."

Best all around car availabile

By on Tuesday, May 06, 2014

Pros: "driving dynamics"

Cons: "gas mileage"

"This car uniquely balances comfort, convenience and performance - with the latter setting the performance standard for the segment. For enthusiasts who live by manual transmissions (like I was), the dual clutch transmission is just as fun and feeds your performance appetite. Only gripe is the gas mileage, but it is to be expected in such a performance oriented machine."

A jack of all trades

By on Saturday, April 05, 2014

"I was able to buy this car new at about $1,000 below invoice. I'd driven this and a 911 during a track day event and no way in is a 911 worth twice the money. It's been reliable so far, and I do extra out of pocket oil changes every 7500 miles or so, since the dealer intervals are spaced too far apart (since BMW is paying for them for 4 years/50k miles). The only issue is that the interior squeaks. This is a known issue with the door seals. The remedy is a tape strip, but the strip is grey and it would look stupid in the doorwells of a blue car. A blast to drive. Boring and docile at low rpms. Rev it past 5000 rpm, keep it up there, and the thing drives like a monster."

Happy camper

By on Saturday, March 29, 2014

Pros: "Speed handling comfort"

Cons: "Gas mileage"

"This car is an absolute blast to drive!Explosive acceleration, great handling. And rather comfortable for long haul trips. This car makes an average driver good, a good driver great."

A great family coupe

By on Saturday, February 22, 2014

Pros: "Outstanding car, handles superbly in all situation"

Cons: "Expensive and gas guzzler"

"Love the M3, have the 2013 Frozen Blue Edition, MDCT transmission, carbon fiber accents, Novello leather,,all options. The last of the naturally aspirated V-8s. On the autobahn got the M3 to 175mph and the Nurburgring handling was exceptional. Driving normally 80mph, returned 24.5 mpg, not bad for a V-8, but do wish 7th gear was more tuned to road (lower rpm, better mileage), not too impressed with the MDCT as I came from a 911 Porsche PDK (7spd auto) and the mpg @75mph was 30.5 mpg. Overall a great car that could be better!"

Best bmw I ever have had

By on Friday, January 24, 2014

Pros: "Great fun great handling beautiful, convertible an"

Cons: "Weight"

"I've been driving bmw m3's since 1995. This 08 convertible m3 has been the best and most reliable. My only complaint is the extra weight of the convertible. My other ones were hardtops. Almost six years later and I'm still in love with it. I am however interested in the new m4 or a 911 carrera s. If I could I would keep it and buy the new car as well. The burble of that v8 with a six speed manual is intoxicating."

Have it all

By on Thursday, August 22, 2013

Pros: "Engine is powerfull, nice interior."

Cons: "Nothing to complain"

"Love the driving of this car, the best Bmw by far."

Still the best performance, all around car

By on Monday, December 17, 2012

Pros: "Excellent driving dynamics"

Cons: "Fuel consumption is not great; I average 19.5 mpg."

My 2010 BMW M3 coupe

"Having owned various cars before from Fords and Chevys to Cadillac, and rented a multitude of cars while on business travel, the BMWs have always been the most gas/power efficient and best driving dynamics among all I've driven. In particular the E92 M3 is so much better than the E92 335i that I owned. Specifically, the M3 suspension is better tuned, it doesn't bottom out over speed bumps at the same speeds and not as twitchy. I would recommend anyone to seriously drive a new or used M3 and compare the driving dynamics over smooth or rough roads and on straight and curvy roads and you'll really feel the difference! The 2010 M3 coupe, which I have has only one fault: Fuel consumption is not great; I average 19.5 mpg combined city/highway."

My 2010 BMW M3 coupe

Best vehicle I have ever owned

By on Sunday, November 04, 2012

Pros: "Looks, power, handling"

Cons: "Expensive but worth it."

"The car is everything that BMW advertises. The combination of power and handling is phenomenal. This is a warm weather car. It is a little slippery when it gets under 40 degrees. This will probably be the last V8 M3 - drive one if you get a chance."

A great all-round fast car look - no further

By on Sunday, October 07, 2012

Pros: "Fast comfortable, special enough for the money"

Cons: "Lighten, needs better brakes for perf"

"I have owned a number of BMWs and this is my favorite yet. I picked it up in Munich and was able to take it on the Autobahn to the Nordschleife and it performed well as a comfortable GT as well as an engaging track car. Since the M3's arrival in the States it has been: * more reliable than any of my past BMWs including a newer car in the stable * a comfortable commuter * a responsive track car - that one can truly drive (turning off some electronic 'nannies') * it looks elegantly fast without being over-the-top * it is a 'heritage' car. M3 = Motorsport history as well as current DTM and ALMS * if you spec it out, it does feel more special than the production volumes suggest - for e.g. I have extended leather - love it. The E92 M3 is also not an obviously quick car: I like its understatedness. If you want to be 'seen', then this is not your sled (see GT-R et al). Negatives? * the 6MT could be a more fluid on the lower gears * yes, the wonderful high-rev V8 does need to be 'worked' - this is not an effortlessly fast car, ie, more torque would be a boon (solution is available as a supercharger) * the brakes are good, not great, relative to the rest of the car's abilities - 6-piston calipers next time, please BMW (ie a Brembo-like GT design) * first and last NA V8 in an M3 - guess that's a plus then! ;-) Great car but I think my next will be a 991 CS2: it will still be NA."

Just a solid performing, beautiful to look at ride

By on Saturday, August 18, 2012

Pros: "Ultimate Driving Machine!!!!"

Cons: "None really, but she's has a thirsty V8."

"I purchased my '08 M3 with 4500 miles on it in 2009. I've loved every minute of driving it. Service experience with BMW is second to none. Car looks, sounds, smells, drives everything great. They really do make the ultimate driving machine!!! I have terrific brand loyalty for BMW, now just wishing that they made even higher end cars ala what Audi did with the R8."

Not A Perfect Car, But You'll Never Find One...

By on Tuesday, July 03, 2012

Pros: "See Below..."

Cons: "See Below..."

A true car guys dream car!

By on Friday, April 06, 2012

Pros: "Power, adgility, braking power, ahhh factor...Sexy"

Cons: "Thirsty on gas, 2K for new tires,"

"I have owened 2 M3's now. First was a 2006 M3 that set my inner car guy pasion a blaze. I have owned many cars including a Testerossa and Porsche. The M3 is hands down the best car I have personally had. It is well balenced and capable of intense speeds with quick responsive stoping capabilities. I was shoping for a manual transmision when I got my first one but "Settled" for the SMG....This was and is an amazing piece of automotive enginering that I will not go without again. Love the Padel shifts in a corner at speed and the ability to power out of a corner with a flick of a finger tip. My current M3 is every bit as much fun as my last one. I am not sure the newer body style warrents the extra dollar spent. Sure ya get 2 extra cylenders but dollar for dollar Rev for Rev it just did not make a huge difference to me. To sum it up I would say that you will not be unhappy with the purchase of an M3...Hide the keys and and watch your teenagers. Keep it all to yourself. You have worked hard so live a little..."

best vehicle ever owned period ..

By on Friday, March 23, 2012

Pros: "perfect"

Cons: "non"

"best vehicle ever owned period .."

What a drive!

By on Friday, March 23, 2012

Pros: "High quality fit and finish, great drive!"

Cons: "Ummm, a little pricey?"

"I have the 2011 M3 convertible. Great drive, a symphony of RPMs from the engine with the top down, great fit and finish, though you do pay for it. Fully loaded it gets pricey but worth every penny and compared to others in it's class it has held it's value well. The current M3 is 2007 technology and still competes with new versions of the 911, C63, and RS4. My car has been very reliable, and I drive it frequently, no problems thus far. This E9x will be a well regarded M3, although it is heavier than prior versions, it will likely be the last naturally aspirated M3 and newer versions will not be as customizable. Bolt on a supercharger to this M3 and it will easily achieve over 500 or even 600 bhp. The double clutch transmission is easy and fun to drive, and though not the enthusiasts choice, it is nice to knock it into auto when you have to get to your phone or briefcase. If you want a car that has similar performance measures and costs $20k less, get a 2012 ford mustang GT. If you want quality and refinement with your performance, get the M3. If you want both, buy it used..."

BMW or die!

By on Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Pros: "Every aspect of driving it"

Cons: "Purchase cost and cost of some maint/repairs"

Never to old for an M3!

"I have been a BMW owner since 1983 and have also owned other cars along with my BMW's. Now that the kids are grown I have my dream car! It doesn't get any better than that! 2008 BMW M3 convertible!"

Never to old for an M3!

best 4dr sports car

By on Monday, February 06, 2012

Pros: "versatile fun"

"awesomo"

You dont drive the M3...You wear it!

By on Wednesday, December 21, 2011

"The new M3 is very advanced and insanely fast. You can really feel the road when you drive it, just like a BMW should be. Great value, great looks, performance off the charts, etc, etc.. One downside is the lack of a spare tire. Do yourself a favor and get a mini-spare and jack for an emergency and just keep it in the car on longer trips like I do. Another downside is the lack of trunk room, but who cares, that's not what you're buying the car for."

One of the best cars to Drive

By on Saturday, December 10, 2011

Pros: "Fun to Drive"

Cons: "Seats aren't good for cross country drives"

"The BMW M3 is one of the best cars I have ever driving. Its perfectly balanced all the time and feels light and nimble. The only car that can put it to shame really is the CTS-V with its huge engine and magnetic shocks. However that car doesn't have the same agile feel of the BMW M3. The M3 begs you to drive harder and makes you feel like a better driver then you probably are."

The Best M3 Made Yet!!! Performance and Value

By on Friday, October 28, 2011

Pros: "Acceleration and Handling!"

Cons: "Gas mileage is at 17mpg average for DCT"

"I have had Ms cars before and by far this is the best major break though in surpassing previous M3 build. Performance in right along $100k cars for far less money. Its exciting breath taking to drive, never boring, for both daily and touring drives."

best vehicle

By on Sunday, October 02, 2011

Pros: "fun to drive"

"I love this car"

Best vehicle I've ever owned!

By on Thursday, September 29, 2011

Pros: "EVERYTHING!!!"

Cons: "Brighter headlights needed, wish it had the new HUD option the new M5 has."

"Talk about your trouble free cars...this is certainly one of them. I don't abuse it, never raced it, but have been to the Nurburgring with it and spent some time at high speeds on the autobahns in and out of Stuttgart. Haven't had a single issue with it. Gripes: hmmmm, I have to think about this...wish the headlights could be a little brighter (which their fixing on the new 3-series), wish I had a HUD option, that would be cool too. Meh, nothing much to NOT like here. Love it, love it, love it....BMW will top this but I hope they do it right, meaning, I hope the new M3/4 will not lose it's racing heritage and most importantly, lose its dominance over its competition (Audi's RS5, MB C63 AMG Coupe). Keep up the good work! As far as my E92...it has a permanent spot in my garage. :)"

Fun to drive but not reliable

By on Thursday, September 08, 2011

Pros: "performance"

Cons: "reliability"

"Handles great, love the engine sound and performance. Spent a lot of time in the shop though. Dual clutch broke, navigation broke, blue tooth broke, passenger seat controls broke, rear differential fluid needed to be replaced, etc. My nav has been broken for almost a year and says "please wait" indefinitely every time i try to use it. The service dept claims that their tests show that it is working fine! Not worth the hassle in my opinion."

By on Thursday, May 19, 2011

"I have had my 2008 M3 Sedan just over 3 years now. It has been an absolute pleasure. The car is extemely reliable, not a single issue with just under 40K miles. It is fun to drive, fast, the engine roars, unbelievable handling, comfortable, and practical. Really no other car like it. Only draw back is the gas mileage 17.5/13."

Previous | 1 2 3 | Next