• 2014 Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

2013 BMW M3 Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $55,456 - $57,507.

10/8.4

Based on 64 Ratings for the 2008 - 2013 models.

So much fun to drive

By on Sunday, June 29, 2014

"This car is just a blast to drive! It is a great daily driver and so well balanced at the HPDE."

Best all around car availabile

By on Tuesday, May 06, 2014

Pros: "driving dynamics"

Cons: "gas mileage"

"This car uniquely balances comfort, convenience and performance - with the latter setting the performance standard for the segment. For enthusiasts who live by manual transmissions (like I was), the dual clutch transmission is just as fun and feeds your performance appetite. Only gripe is the gas mileage, but it is to be expected in such a performance oriented machine."

A jack of all trades

By on Saturday, April 05, 2014

"I was able to buy this car new at about $1,000 below invoice. I'd driven this and a 911 during a track day event and no way in is a 911 worth twice the money. It's been reliable so far, and I do extra out of pocket oil changes every 7500 miles or so, since the dealer intervals are spaced too far apart (since BMW is paying for them for 4 years/50k miles). The only issue is that the interior squeaks. This is a known issue with the door seals. The remedy is a tape strip, but the strip is grey and it would look stupid in the doorwells of a blue car. A blast to drive. Boring and docile at low rpms. Rev it past 5000 rpm, keep it up there, and the thing drives like a monster."

Happy camper

By on Saturday, March 29, 2014

Pros: "Speed handling comfort"

Cons: "Gas mileage"

"This car is an absolute blast to drive!Explosive acceleration, great handling. And rather comfortable for long haul trips. This car makes an average driver good, a good driver great."

A great family coupe

By on Saturday, February 22, 2014

Pros: "Outstanding car, handles superbly in all situation"

Cons: "Expensive and gas guzzler"

"Love the M3, have the 2013 Frozen Blue Edition, MDCT transmission, carbon fiber accents, Novello leather,,all options. The last of the naturally aspirated V-8s. On the autobahn got the M3 to 175mph and the Nurburgring handling was exceptional. Driving normally 80mph, returned 24.5 mpg, not bad for a V-8, but do wish 7th gear was more tuned to road (lower rpm, better mileage), not too impressed with the MDCT as I came from a 911 Porsche PDK (7spd auto) and the mpg @75mph was 30.5 mpg. Overall a great car that could be better!"

Best bmw I ever have had

By on Friday, January 24, 2014

Pros: "Great fun great handling beautiful, convertible an"

Cons: "Weight"

"I've been driving bmw m3's since 1995. This 08 convertible m3 has been the best and most reliable. My only complaint is the extra weight of the convertible. My other ones were hardtops. Almost six years later and I'm still in love with it. I am however interested in the new m4 or a 911 carrera s. If I could I would keep it and buy the new car as well. The burble of that v8 with a six speed manual is intoxicating."

Have it all

By on Thursday, August 22, 2013

Pros: "Engine is powerfull, nice interior."

Cons: "Nothing to complain"

"Love the driving of this car, the best Bmw by far."

Still the best performance, all around car

By on Monday, December 17, 2012

Pros: "Excellent driving dynamics"

Cons: "Fuel consumption is not great; I average 19.5 mpg."

My 2010 BMW M3 coupe

"Having owned various cars before from Fords and Chevys to Cadillac, and rented a multitude of cars while on business travel, the BMWs have always been the most gas/power efficient and best driving dynamics among all I've driven. In particular the E92 M3 is so much better than the E92 335i that I owned. Specifically, the M3 suspension is better tuned, it doesn't bottom out over speed bumps at the same speeds and not as twitchy. I would recommend anyone to seriously drive a new or used M3 and compare the driving dynamics over smooth or rough roads and on straight and curvy roads and you'll really feel the difference! The 2010 M3 coupe, which I have has only one fault: Fuel consumption is not great; I average 19.5 mpg combined city/highway."

My 2010 BMW M3 coupe

Best vehicle I have ever owned

By on Sunday, November 04, 2012

Pros: "Looks, power, handling"

Cons: "Expensive but worth it."

"The car is everything that BMW advertises. The combination of power and handling is phenomenal. This is a warm weather car. It is a little slippery when it gets under 40 degrees. This will probably be the last V8 M3 - drive one if you get a chance."

A great all-round fast car look - no further

By on Sunday, October 07, 2012

Pros: "Fast comfortable, special enough for the money"

Cons: "Lighten, needs better brakes for perf"

"I have owned a number of BMWs and this is my favorite yet. I picked it up in Munich and was able to take it on the Autobahn to the Nordschleife and it performed well as a comfortable GT as well as an engaging track car. Since the M3's arrival in the States it has been: * more reliable than any of my past BMWs including a newer car in the stable * a comfortable commuter * a responsive track car - that one can truly drive (turning off some electronic 'nannies') * it looks elegantly fast without being over-the-top * it is a 'heritage' car. M3 = Motorsport history as well as current DTM and ALMS * if you spec it out, it does feel more special than the production volumes suggest - for e.g. I have extended leather - love it. The E92 M3 is also not an obviously quick car: I like its understatedness. If you want to be 'seen', then this is not your sled (see GT-R et al). Negatives? * the 6MT could be a more fluid on the lower gears * yes, the wonderful high-rev V8 does need to be 'worked' - this is not an effortlessly fast car, ie, more torque would be a boon (solution is available as a supercharger) * the brakes are good, not great, relative to the rest of the car's abilities - 6-piston calipers next time, please BMW (ie a Brembo-like GT design) * first and last NA V8 in an M3 - guess that's a plus then! ;-) Great car but I think my next will be a 991 CS2: it will still be NA."