• 2014 Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

2011 BMW M3

Based on 65 Ratings for the 2008 - 2013 models.

Stunning car to drive $ beautiful to look at!

By on Thursday, September 04, 2014

Pros: "Beautiful design, exceptional performance"

Cons: "Gas Guzzler, Expensive maintenance"

"This is the 3rd BMW M series that I have owned. It is an amazing automobile in every way. The 4 door sedan design is both graceful and muscular yet very functional. The engine hums like a symphony and is very responsive. My car is a 6 speed manual which I totally love as it seems so integrated to the cars power and handling. It feels very solid and handling is very tight... and it is very fast! I keep it under control but it is so happy at higher speeds. Being semi retired and living in a car dependent area does pose a problem: It is a gas guzzler as I average 16 mpg. Therefore, I cut back on driving so I can afford gas This is not good as I usually drive at least 20 miles to reach various locations. My choices are to sell it and buy a more fuel efficient BMW (328i) or buy a used fuel efficient daly driver. The decision is very difficult as I love my Silverstone/red leather M3 and it's hard to let go!"

So much fun to drive

By on Sunday, June 29, 2014

"This car is just a blast to drive! It is a great daily driver and so well balanced at the HPDE."

Best all around car availabile

By on Tuesday, May 06, 2014

Pros: "driving dynamics"

Cons: "gas mileage"

"This car uniquely balances comfort, convenience and performance - with the latter setting the performance standard for the segment. For enthusiasts who live by manual transmissions (like I was), the dual clutch transmission is just as fun and feeds your performance appetite. Only gripe is the gas mileage, but it is to be expected in such a performance oriented machine."

A jack of all trades

By on Saturday, April 05, 2014

"I was able to buy this car new at about $1,000 below invoice. I'd driven this and a 911 during a track day event and no way in is a 911 worth twice the money. It's been reliable so far, and I do extra out of pocket oil changes every 7500 miles or so, since the dealer intervals are spaced too far apart (since BMW is paying for them for 4 years/50k miles). The only issue is that the interior squeaks. This is a known issue with the door seals. The remedy is a tape strip, but the strip is grey and it would look stupid in the doorwells of a blue car. A blast to drive. Boring and docile at low rpms. Rev it past 5000 rpm, keep it up there, and the thing drives like a monster."

Happy camper

By on Saturday, March 29, 2014

Pros: "Speed handling comfort"

Cons: "Gas mileage"

"This car is an absolute blast to drive!Explosive acceleration, great handling. And rather comfortable for long haul trips. This car makes an average driver good, a good driver great."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching BMW M3 near Honolulu. See local deals