2002 BMW M3

9.4

Based on 206 Ratings for the 2001 - 2006 models.

9.7/10

Looks great. Drives great. Expensive to maintain

By on Tuesday, December 13, 2011

"I have had this car for 7 years (75,000 miles) and have really enjoyed it. It handles better than any car that I have ever had. It feels great to drive with the top down. I get lots of compliments on it. The only thing that bothers me is the outrageous maintenance costs by the dealer. Don't be fooled into thinking that you can take it to a local garage and save money. I tried a local garage a couple of times and regreted it. They usually don't do the service properly and damage something else. So far I have had to replace a Xenon light bulb ($400), Fix a leak in the differential ($700), Replace a rear spring ($450), Break Job Rear ($1800), Break Job Front ($1400), Two Sets of Tires ($2400), 7 oil changes ($200 each), Battery ($200 replace it myself). If you want this car, expect to pay up."

OMG the Power

By on Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Pros: "Great looking car, Very fast."

Cons: "I feel like someone is watching me. No spare tire."

"I recently bought my 02 M3 and I did not expect it to have the awesome speed that it has. The SMG transmission was tricky at first but Ive got it down now and now I fight myself to stay the speed limit. 50 mph + this car has soooo much power in the 3rd - 4th and 5th gears I was taken back by suprise. I love it !! Mine is in the imola red and it turns heads. I love the E46 M3 !! My other car is a E46 325i - Total different ride."

M Experience! You just got to drive it!

By on Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Pros: "Great driver's car ... competition edition!"

Cons: "Rear tire wear, expensive maintenance, premium gas"

"I custom ordered my Competition Edition M3 in Imola Red with a red leather interior. I still get thumbs up from random strangers driving by and my car is a 2005. It still runs great. Ride is typical M series - stiff to feel the road and instant feedback to the driver. Especially fun and stable at high speeds ... Love this car!"

Love it

By on Friday, March 16, 2012

Pros: "Best drivers car"

Cons: "It tempts you to drive faster than socially accept"

"I am an extremely aggressive driver, when I have the road to myself. At indicated 170 mph, feels very solid. Have yet to drive any car with better dynamics and drivers feel. Also own a 530i. Have driven 2011 335i, 2011 335d, 2010 M5,"

Best handling roadcar ever, and my dream car.

By on Friday, November 18, 2011

Pros: "Fun to Drive, Phenominal Handling, Great Styling"

Cons: "Nothing!"

2004 M3

"There is reason that Car and Driver, MoterTrend, etc. compare every other high performance sports car to the M3...and the other cars always come in behind the M3. I own an '04 carbon fiber blk/gray M3 with the SMG II transmisson and 19" factory wheels. I abosolutly love this car! The car is a blast to drive, because it handles like it's on rails. The steering is firm and you feel connected to the road. The faster the car goes, the better the handling gets. The engine revs up to almost 9,000 RPM and the acceleration is insane for a 3.2 liter naturally aspirated engine. The car will easily do 175 mph with the speed de-limited, and its very easy to look down at the speedo on the highway and see that you are doing 100mph without even realizing! The SMG II transmission is nice if you live in the city like me, and you have to sit in traffic a lot. The interior is drenched in leather, and the seats are very well bolstered to keep you firmly planted in your seat when you are taking a corner at at high speed. The seats are fully adjustable and they are very comfortable, even on 6 hour long road trips. I get 28 MPG on the highway when I cruise at 80 MPH, and I get a combined 20 MPG in the city. My brother drives a '03 Dodge Viper, and even he admits that my car is more fun to drive than his car. For the money you can't find a better high performance sports car."

2004 M3

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching BMW M3 near Honolulu. See local deals