2002 BMW M3

9.3

Based on 202 Ratings for the 2001 - 2006 models.

9.7/10

car and a half

By on Sunday, December 07, 2008

"I'll start by saying that this car is way too much for someone who does not have some experience with a high performance rear drive car. This thing is sinfully fast. It can hang with your average Ferrari if driven right. However, no matter what BMW says, this car simply doesn't work in the snow. My only beef with this car happens to be the cost of maintenance. The motor requires valve adjustments every 30k miles at a thousand bucks a pop, and the req. tws motorsport oil will set you back ten bucks a quart. Still, for the money, this thing will scare you, if you want it to."

Great "everyday" sportscar

By on Tuesday, January 15, 2008

"This is a fantastic overall value. These $50+k cars can now be had for ~$30-$40k in great shape. You'll get sports car acceleration & handling yet plenty of room for 4 and your luggage for a road trip. Excellent road manners wet or dry. It won't beat you up, but you know you're driving a 300+hp car if you put your foot into it. The brakes are just as, if not more impressive than the acceleration. The handling in the curves is exceptional and the DSC will keep you on the road should you over-committ your driving skills. The maintenence is not cheap (valve adjustments every ~20K miles) once the warranty runs out and neither are the tires. They key thing to watch for when buying is a good maintenence history. Any BMW dealership can research the VIN number to find out what service has been performed on the vehicle. This is key."

Looks great. Drives great. Expensive to maintain

By on Tuesday, December 13, 2011

"I have had this car for 7 years (75,000 miles) and have really enjoyed it. It handles better than any car that I have ever had. It feels great to drive with the top down. I get lots of compliments on it. The only thing that bothers me is the outrageous maintenance costs by the dealer. Don't be fooled into thinking that you can take it to a local garage and save money. I tried a local garage a couple of times and regreted it. They usually don't do the service properly and damage something else. So far I have had to replace a Xenon light bulb ($400), Fix a leak in the differential ($700), Replace a rear spring ($450), Break Job Rear ($1800), Break Job Front ($1400), Two Sets of Tires ($2400), 7 oil changes ($200 each), Battery ($200 replace it myself). If you want this car, expect to pay up."

As good as the car mags say

By on Thursday, December 26, 2013

Pros: "Awesome driving experience"

Cons: "BMW M parts are expensive, good aftermarket option"

"Fabspeed headers, sport cats, and x-pipe, and Rogue Engineering Diablo muffler. TMS underpowered pulleys. K&N cold air intake. Stoptech SS brake lines. Stoptech rotors and brake pads. TMS RTABs. I do my own fluid changes (oil, tranny, diff, and radiator) because I like to and also to save money. Overall, the M3 is simply a great drive. The handling is awesome. The power is wonderfully impressive. The motor pulls all the way thru the 8,000 rpm redline. Pure sportscar. If I didn't do most of my own work, it would be expensive for upkeep and the aftermarket parts I use perform better and save me money."

OMG the Power

By on Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Pros: "Great looking car, Very fast."

Cons: "I feel like someone is watching me. No spare tire."

"I recently bought my 02 M3 and I did not expect it to have the awesome speed that it has. The SMG transmission was tricky at first but Ive got it down now and now I fight myself to stay the speed limit. 50 mph + this car has soooo much power in the 3rd - 4th and 5th gears I was taken back by suprise. I love it !! Mine is in the imola red and it turns heads. I love the E46 M3 !! My other car is a E46 325i - Total different ride."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching BMW M3 near Honolulu. See local deals