• Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

2014 BMW 7 Series Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $66,135 - $70,212.

8.0

Based on 42 Ratings for the 2009 - 2015 models.

great car, retired, looking for 335 CPO car

By on Saturday, December 07, 2013

Pros: "beautiful black with tan interior"

Cons: "never a problem, solid a dream ride"

"great fammily car, perfect for long trips, driven to work mainly."

Great Car - right at the top

By on Sunday, September 22, 2013

Pros: "great car all around"

Cons: "tires ware off around 12K"

"I owned Mercedes S500 then S550 and E430 before them ... the S class had miserable reliability so I said let me give this BMW (my First) a try. Boy was I surprised - PLEASANTLY! this car is amazing in design, comfort and aerodynamics. I would rate it a 10 except for one problem that is behind me now. the tires ware off at about 12,000 miles creating roaring noise. but once I ditched the OEM tires and got plain old tire kingdom tires ... problem has disappeared and now 10,000 miles later still gone. so if you dish out a $1200 for new tires for a car that is over 100K what is the big deal, right? my take on it is that. I am likely to buy this car once my lease is up in 3 months! Great Car and the mpg is good too with the hybrid!"

This is an amazing performance sedan!!

By on Monday, September 02, 2013

Pros: "A fantastic performance sedan"

Cons: "The LI is long"

750 LI with M Sport Package

"I enjoy every moment behind the wheel of this amazing machine. It has so many features that I keep going back to the Owners Manual to keep learning. I have owned 3 - 3 series, a Z3, and 2 - 5 Series. If you like a performance sedan, you have to drive one. The 400 hp twin turbo delivers power to the road when you need it or just want enjoy it."

750 LI with M Sport Package

Perfect - just be patient

By on Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Pros: "Wicked fast but so smooth! Stunningly beautiful."

Cons: "Run flats, kind of glitchy technology, & poor mpg"

"Absolutely love my 750L. Striking good looks. I still stare when another one passes by. Performance is exhilarating. Passing and highway ramps are nothing short of an awe/jealousy inspiring feat. 80 feels like the perfect highway cruising speed so watch out! Downside: run flats scare me but I haven't had any issues. Yes, they are expensive but I'm most concerned that I'll need a replacement when I'm not near a big enough city to keep these specialized tires stocked. The second downside seems to be part of owning a German car... I have sensor lights go off and other gremlins that have put me on a first name basis with the service department. Granted, none have left me stranded. Its just life with a German car - sort of like a high maintenance spouse. Totally worth it - but frustrating when it gives you grief. Service department tells me 7's have more little glitches than other BMW's just because its always their newest technology. Third con: mileage is terrible - like its 1972 and gas is 25 cents a gallon terrible. Some tell me "if you can afford a 7, you can afford the gas." However, if you drive non-highway a lot, this car will fetch you between 14 and 16. Highway city combo pushes it up to about 17/18. I apologize for my carbon footprint in advance. All said, I would buy again. Nothing matches the driving enjoyment and luxury of a 7."

Noisy tires ruin car

By on Saturday, February 23, 2013

Pros: "None"

Cons: "Noisy run flats"

"Run flat tires are so noisy I thought there was a wheel bearing issue. My truck rides quieter than this car. Dealer and BMW won't do anything. Only 12,000 miles. They told me to turn the radio up. Last BMW I will buy. This is the best they can do for $80k? Do yourself a favor and never buy a BMW. What a disgrace. Annoying convenience features. Why do I have to pull the handle twice to open the door? The navigation is terrible. I use my iPhone for nav. The list goes on. I really hate this car and can hardly wait to to trade it!"