2014 BMW 7 Series Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $62,163 - $66,074.

8.0

Based on 44 Ratings for the 2009 - 2015 models.

Loving it so far...

By on Sunday, June 08, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, great suspension, great backseat"

Cons: "Lack of storage space in armrest, bad gas mileage"

"Had this car for about 2 weeks now. Beautiful ride, esp. in the Comfort setting. In the other settings (Normal, Sport, Sport+), it holds the road like super glue! Excellent suspension. I can take a corner or curve at a moderately high speed and the passengers don't have to grab on the handle above to hang on; they just don't feel it. This is my first BMW. It has a very hands-on, "muscular", performance-oriented feel. That does not mean you have to be a race car driver to appreciate it; it is a pleasure to drive in town too. What I mean is that it is a more "engaging" feeling. It is just a pleasure to drive. I don't know how to describe it any better than that. The sound system is great but you have to adjust it for optimum performance. Back seat (on Li model) is huge. Backseat passengers say they can't feel bumps, etc. even in Normal mode. Downsides: Gas mileage. Specs say 14 in town, I barely get 13. Also, center armrest does not have very much storage room. Also, back-up camera makes everything look far away when in fact it is not, and no way to adjust this. But the park assist will beep if you get too close so you should not hit anything. In addition, there is an annoying delay when accelerating due to the electronic throttle control. This is esp. pronounced in Normal mode. Apparently this is due to the drive by cable system. But there are devices that you can buy to counteract this (less than $300). Also feels strange when decelerating, but I think it is due to the ETC also. Sport mode bucks at 30 mph -- not sure if this is the way it is or an issue with this particular car. Before buying this car, I looked at the S550 and the Equus (among other things). The S550 has the better interior, hands down. But the ride is very delicate. The best analogy is a show horse (S550) vs. a good riding horse (BMW)."

Too old for this car

By on Wednesday, August 01, 2012

Pros: "Power."

Cons: "Front seat comfort."

"Uncomfortable for my age and body build, as I become uncomfortable after 15-20 minutes of driving (front seat too narrow). Had to replace front brake pads at just 20,000 miles. Tires will not last another 10,000. Trunk closer malfunctioned and could not close trunk from full open. Parking sensors must be manually turned on, unless backing up. Pretty car, inside and out. Just not for me."

This is an amazing performance sedan!!

By on Monday, September 02, 2013

Pros: "A fantastic performance sedan"

Cons: "The LI is long"

750 LI with M Sport Package

"I enjoy every moment behind the wheel of this amazing machine. It has so many features that I keep going back to the Owners Manual to keep learning. I have owned 3 - 3 series, a Z3, and 2 - 5 Series. If you like a performance sedan, you have to drive one. The 400 hp twin turbo delivers power to the road when you need it or just want enjoy it."

750 LI with M Sport Package

Noisy tires ruin car

By on Saturday, February 23, 2013

Pros: "None"

Cons: "Noisy run flats"

"Run flat tires are so noisy I thought there was a wheel bearing issue. My truck rides quieter than this car. Dealer and BMW won't do anything. Only 12,000 miles. They told me to turn the radio up. Last BMW I will buy. This is the best they can do for $80k? Do yourself a favor and never buy a BMW. What a disgrace. Annoying convenience features. Why do I have to pull the handle twice to open the door? The navigation is terrible. I use my iPhone for nav. The list goes on. I really hate this car and can hardly wait to to trade it!"

Consistently Great Car

By on Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Pros: "Dependable"

Cons: "Complicated"

"This is my 14th BMW 7 Series since 1992 and I keep coming back to buy the new model every 2 years. This car is the ultimate luxury car. I also own a RR and this car is far more enjoyable to drive. The technology is amazing. I can't wait to take delivery of my new 2015 750. I'm sure the folks at BMW have made it an even more amazing car than the one I currently own but I'm just not sure what they could have added to do it."

best car I have ever owned

By on Thursday, December 26, 2013

Pros: "LArge, but drives like a sports car"

Cons: "It's a beast, you don't drive it for gas mileage"

"There is a reason the call it the ultimate driving machine"

" Ultimate Driving Machine".

By on Thursday, September 15, 2011

Pros: "Fantastic ride."

Cons: "No Ipod interface with rear DVD player and no rear camera option for this car."

"What can I say, it is my opinion to claim this as the best valued, performance car in its class. Effortless 22mpg on freeway. The auto-park function is just plain classic. The drive and power is absolutely phenomenal."

Not the most reliable car

By on Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Pros: "Comfortable and nice driving car"

Cons: "Horrible repairs so far and horrible resale value"

"I have a 2012 750 XI with cold weather package. I currently have 32k miles on it and it has been in the shop more than 5 times for repairs thankfully all covered under warranty. I have had the Side Camera, Timing Chain, Battery, Fuel Injectors, And Memory seat buttons all replaced as of today. The MSPR was 104k and when I book it today the value is 40k by far the worst resale value of any car I have ever owned."

New 750 not worth it

By on Friday, November 12, 2010

"I have owned several BMW's so I thought the 750i would be terrific but I am not satisfied with the car nor the explanations from BMW about the flaws. The 2009 750i has two flaws which although not major should not be an issue on a car in this price range: 1. The navigation system is probably the worst ever. Points of interest feature is useless because it leads you to nonexistent places and the directions stay on after reaching your destination so you have to turn the system off BEFORE reaching your destination or turn the car off to get rid of the irritating voice. 2. The driver seat is not comfortable over a long drive for a person over 200 pounds. It does not go back far enough and the sides of the seat dig into your butt and make long rides longer because you have to stop every three hours or so."

Love the 2012 750Li xdrive

By on Thursday, May 15, 2014

Pros: "Stylish Looks, Speed, Comfort, Handeling, Power!"

Cons: "Fuel Consumption, Turning Radius."

"This car is responsive, fast but also very comfortable. I just came out of an S Class and although I really enjoyed the comfort, the handling of the 750 is just remarkable. Don't purchase if gas consumption is your #1 concern. Run flats are new to me so I will have to return in about 10,000 miles to let you know how things go but this car is awesome to drive and even better to look at. I wish the trunk space was larger, even with no spare there is little luggage space. The folks in the back seat are super comfortable and have plenty leg room. I'm never there :-) I purchase this vehicle as "Certified" but given I know the previous owners and they loved it but upgraded to the 14 I know I have a wonderful machine."