• 2014 Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

2014 BMW 7 Series Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $70,674 - $73,287.

8.0

Based on 40 Ratings for the 2009 - 2015 models.

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next

This is an amazing performance sedan!!

By on Monday, September 02, 2013

Pros: "A fantastic performance sedan"

Cons: "The LI is long"

750 LI with M Sport Package

"I enjoy every moment behind the wheel of this amazing machine. It has so many features that I keep going back to the Owners Manual to keep learning. I have owned 3 - 3 series, a Z3, and 2 - 5 Series. If you like a performance sedan, you have to drive one. The 400 hp twin turbo delivers power to the road when you need it or just want enjoy it."

750 LI with M Sport Package

Perfect - just be patient

By on Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Pros: "Wicked fast but so smooth! Stunningly beautiful."

Cons: "Run flats, kind of glitchy technology, & poor mpg"

"Absolutely love my 750L. Striking good looks. I still stare when another one passes by. Performance is exhilarating. Passing and highway ramps are nothing short of an awe/jealousy inspiring feat. 80 feels like the perfect highway cruising speed so watch out! Downside: run flats scare me but I haven't had any issues. Yes, they are expensive but I'm most concerned that I'll need a replacement when I'm not near a big enough city to keep these specialized tires stocked. The second downside seems to be part of owning a German car... I have sensor lights go off and other gremlins that have put me on a first name basis with the service department. Granted, none have left me stranded. Its just life with a German car - sort of like a high maintenance spouse. Totally worth it - but frustrating when it gives you grief. Service department tells me 7's have more little glitches than other BMW's just because its always their newest technology. Third con: mileage is terrible - like its 1972 and gas is 25 cents a gallon terrible. Some tell me "if you can afford a 7, you can afford the gas." However, if you drive non-highway a lot, this car will fetch you between 14 and 16. Highway city combo pushes it up to about 17/18. I apologize for my carbon footprint in advance. All said, I would buy again. Nothing matches the driving enjoyment and luxury of a 7."

Noisy tires ruin car

By on Saturday, February 23, 2013

Pros: "None"

Cons: "Noisy run flats"

"Run flat tires are so noisy I thought there was a wheel bearing issue. My truck rides quieter than this car. Dealer and BMW won't do anything. Only 12,000 miles. They told me to turn the radio up. Last BMW I will buy. This is the best they can do for $80k? Do yourself a favor and never buy a BMW. What a disgrace. Annoying convenience features. Why do I have to pull the handle twice to open the door? The navigation is terrible. I use my iPhone for nav. The list goes on. I really hate this car and can hardly wait to to trade it!"

best vehicle ever for high dollar sedans

By on Friday, February 22, 2013

Pros: "price competitive"

Cons: "loves the way it handles in inclement weather.."

"This is my first BMW and it is awesome.."

good car stay away from water

By on Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive"

Cons: "dont drive through water,"

"I have owned or leased BMW 3 series, and 2 5 series for my wife with good results but to small for me. I have always driven a SUV and made the switch to the 7 series. great car, it has plenty of power, drives well over 120 mph, great cockpit, and a real head turner. The issues I have had were mostly with the dealer. The car pulled to the right since new, after two trips to the dealer they informed my it was in line. So I gave up, the lease will be up before the tires ware out. One thing to be aware of I went through 18" of water and it destroyed the engine. The intake in at the bottom. The car was down for 6 weeks for a new (rebuilt enging)"

Too old for this car

By on Wednesday, August 01, 2012

Pros: "Power."

Cons: "Front seat comfort."

"Uncomfortable for my age and body build, as I become uncomfortable after 15-20 minutes of driving (front seat too narrow). Had to replace front brake pads at just 20,000 miles. Tires will not last another 10,000. Trunk closer malfunctioned and could not close trunk from full open. Parking sensors must be manually turned on, unless backing up. Pretty car, inside and out. Just not for me."

worse experience.......!!!!!!!

By on Friday, July 13, 2012

Reason: engine problem

"I owned 2009 750 LI bought it brand new from showroom floor, I had bad experience, we just kept coming back to dealership without any answer what is going on with the car.everytime we bring the car back to dealearship,they just told me there was a code in the system and they just clear the code. the engine keep shaking everytime we stopped in the traffic or made full stop. we were in branson,MO once and caught on traffic and the engine shaking and almost shut dowm in the middle of the hill. I have 3 years old girl sitting at the back seat and we just thankful because of the traffic or otherwise somebody might hit us from the back. we called BMW dealer and told them what happened,and they told us to bring the car in.we took the car to the dealer but they said they did not find anything wrong with the car again they said there is a code in the computer and they just reset the code. it is not worth it to buy almost $100k car but have a lot of problem that they can not find what is wrong with it. we really dissapointed.......till we trade the car with MB. AS far as the design and the comfort we do like it but, it is just a waste of time if everytime we need to go back and forward to the dealership and they do not know how to fix it"

Best 7 Series

By on Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Pros: "Better gas millage than what the current rating is"

Cons: "None so far"

"Have had and reveeried other seven series, this is the best seven series to date, many refinements that make this an exceptional value. When I reached 25k miles, the vehicle was just breaking in. At this point, I am experienceing a whole new vehicle. Will hold on to this vehicle until a new design comes forth to replace this current one, but I believe that this model's sexiness will not be surpassed."

Cool to drive

By on Monday, February 20, 2012

Pros: "smooth ride."

Cons: "Gas Guzzler. Expensive options."

"750 i x drive. Just had it last week. Love it so far."

Great Driving Experience but Expensive

By on Friday, February 03, 2012

Pros: "Great driving car. Luxury and speed!"

Cons: "Expensive, no spare, run flat tires."

"The car was redeigned in 2009 and I perfer the newly designed interior cabin much more than prior years. Purchased this car used from dealer with 11k. The twin turbos make this car very fast and it handles excellent. Service has been very good and my car has not spent a lot of time in shop. One recall on water pump. Biggest negative is tires. This model has no spare and utilizes a run flat tire. That makes them much more expensive with less wear. Other than the cost of replacing tires, this is a great car. A little pricey, but maintenance is included to 50k which helps to offset operating costs."

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next