2014 BMW 7 Series Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $62,163 - $66,074.

8.0

Based on 44 Ratings for the 2009 - 2015 models.

Perfect - just be patient

By on Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Pros: "Wicked fast but so smooth! Stunningly beautiful."

Cons: "Run flats, kind of glitchy technology, & poor mpg"

"Absolutely love my 750L. Striking good looks. I still stare when another one passes by. Performance is exhilarating. Passing and highway ramps are nothing short of an awe/jealousy inspiring feat. 80 feels like the perfect highway cruising speed so watch out! Downside: run flats scare me but I haven't had any issues. Yes, they are expensive but I'm most concerned that I'll need a replacement when I'm not near a big enough city to keep these specialized tires stocked. The second downside seems to be part of owning a German car... I have sensor lights go off and other gremlins that have put me on a first name basis with the service department. Granted, none have left me stranded. Its just life with a German car - sort of like a high maintenance spouse. Totally worth it - but frustrating when it gives you grief. Service department tells me 7's have more little glitches than other BMW's just because its always their newest technology. Third con: mileage is terrible - like its 1972 and gas is 25 cents a gallon terrible. Some tell me "if you can afford a 7, you can afford the gas." However, if you drive non-highway a lot, this car will fetch you between 14 and 16. Highway city combo pushes it up to about 17/18. I apologize for my carbon footprint in advance. All said, I would buy again. Nothing matches the driving enjoyment and luxury of a 7."

High Luxury; High Performance

By on Saturday, October 29, 2011

Pros: "Elegance of a luxury car and dynamics of a sports"

Cons: "Needs a built-in beverage cooler"

"Just a magnificent car all around!!!"

Worst 7 series ever owned

By on Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Pros: "Horsepower, comfort"

Cons: "mechanical problems and battery problems"

"This car needs a major overhaul mechanically. Look at other reviews on line on other sites. My car has had a road vibration from the day I picked it up brand new. The vibration is from 35-50 mph during gentle acceleration, and it is extremely annoying for a car of this cost. It has been in the shop multiple times, and BMW cannot come up with a solution and has no explanation. Also, electrically, the battery has died numerous times and is not covered under warranty!! Over $700 to replace the battery in the first 12 mos of the car owned. My 2003 and 2006 7 series had no problems what so ever and I still own the 2003 model. BMW rushed this car out in 2009 and refuse to admit some of the problems and have no idea how to fix them. Stay away!! Lots of horsepower and comfortable, but car has been in the shop for more than 3 months in the first 15 months owned, at a clip of over $1500 per month on the lease. Service dept has become rude and frustrated because they have no solutions and want to wash their hands of this car. Car will be back on their lot the second this lease ends and someone else can have the joy of owning maintaining this car."

Great Driving Experience but Expensive

By on Friday, February 03, 2012

Pros: "Great driving car. Luxury and speed!"

Cons: "Expensive, no spare, run flat tires."

"The car was redeigned in 2009 and I perfer the newly designed interior cabin much more than prior years. Purchased this car used from dealer with 11k. The twin turbos make this car very fast and it handles excellent. Service has been very good and my car has not spent a lot of time in shop. One recall on water pump. Biggest negative is tires. This model has no spare and utilizes a run flat tire. That makes them much more expensive with less wear. Other than the cost of replacing tires, this is a great car. A little pricey, but maintenance is included to 50k which helps to offset operating costs."

Nice car that is reliable and drives well.

By on Friday, December 02, 2011

Pros: "The 740 Li enhancements."

Cons: "Auto trunk is a little slow to open."

"I'm still getting used to the bigger body style of the BMW as compared to the Mercedes CLS but I like the style of the cabin and look of the control panel."

The Search for MY perfect car is over.

By on Sunday, February 13, 2011

"I have owned 2 E-class MBs ('97 and '00), 1 3-series BMW ('92), 2 5-series BMWs ('95 and '04), and one previous 7-series BMW ('07). The 2010 750i is by far the best car I have owned. My journey stops here. Perfect blend of luxury and performance. The i-drive is much more intuitive and user friendly. No mechanical problems to date."

worse experience.......!!!!!!!

By on Friday, July 13, 2012

Reason: engine problem

"I owned 2009 750 LI bought it brand new from showroom floor, I had bad experience, we just kept coming back to dealership without any answer what is going on with the car.everytime we bring the car back to dealearship,they just told me there was a code in the system and they just clear the code. the engine keep shaking everytime we stopped in the traffic or made full stop. we were in branson,MO once and caught on traffic and the engine shaking and almost shut dowm in the middle of the hill. I have 3 years old girl sitting at the back seat and we just thankful because of the traffic or otherwise somebody might hit us from the back. we called BMW dealer and told them what happened,and they told us to bring the car in.we took the car to the dealer but they said they did not find anything wrong with the car again they said there is a code in the computer and they just reset the code. it is not worth it to buy almost $100k car but have a lot of problem that they can not find what is wrong with it. we really dissapointed.......till we trade the car with MB. AS far as the design and the comfort we do like it but, it is just a waste of time if everytime we need to go back and forward to the dealership and they do not know how to fix it"

Best 7 Series

By on Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Pros: "Better gas millage than what the current rating is"

Cons: "None so far"

"Have had and reveeried other seven series, this is the best seven series to date, many refinements that make this an exceptional value. When I reached 25k miles, the vehicle was just breaking in. At this point, I am experienceing a whole new vehicle. Will hold on to this vehicle until a new design comes forth to replace this current one, but I believe that this model's sexiness will not be surpassed."

best vehicle ever!

By on Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Pros: "Gas milage, green immage, multiple personalitites, road feel not couch feel."

Cons: "had to change phones to take advantage of the car reading and responding to my emails and texts."

"I have driven 7's for years, this is my 4th, and the 750 LI active hybrid is the best yet,. This is a massive car but it handles like a sports car-- when you want it to. With the choice of 4 modes from comfort to sport plus. I feel like I recieved 4 diffrent cars in one. Multiple personalities, just like my wife, but I like the choice to blow the doors off a S550 MBZ or just drive in comfort over a potholed road. The Active Hybrid is a blast as it adds additional hosepower in the form of "BOOST" so you don't feel it at the pump. You can drive wild and still get 26 MPG."

owned Mercedes and Porsche and love my first BMW

By on Thursday, January 12, 2012

Pros: "Great value for price"

Cons: "Storage space inaequate for front seats"

"The driving characteristics are nothing but astonishing for a car of this size. The six cylinder engine is more than enough for an excellent ride and driving experience. The smaller engine provides for a perfect balance to the car. Visibility is grand, comfort is of particular note for tall individuals. All in all a superior value over Porsche or Mercedes."

Great Car - right at the top

By on Sunday, September 22, 2013

Pros: "great car all around"

Cons: "tires ware off around 12K"

"I owned Mercedes S500 then S550 and E430 before them ... the S class had miserable reliability so I said let me give this BMW (my First) a try. Boy was I surprised - PLEASANTLY! this car is amazing in design, comfort and aerodynamics. I would rate it a 10 except for one problem that is behind me now. the tires ware off at about 12,000 miles creating roaring noise. but once I ditched the OEM tires and got plain old tire kingdom tires ... problem has disappeared and now 10,000 miles later still gone. so if you dish out a $1200 for new tires for a car that is over 100K what is the big deal, right? my take on it is that. I am likely to buy this car once my lease is up in 3 months! Great Car and the mpg is good too with the hybrid!"

great car

By on Thursday, December 15, 2011

"hate run flats"

good car stay away from water

By on Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive"

Cons: "dont drive through water,"

"I have owned or leased BMW 3 series, and 2 5 series for my wife with good results but to small for me. I have always driven a SUV and made the switch to the 7 series. great car, it has plenty of power, drives well over 120 mph, great cockpit, and a real head turner. The issues I have had were mostly with the dealer. The car pulled to the right since new, after two trips to the dealer they informed my it was in line. So I gave up, the lease will be up before the tires ware out. One thing to be aware of I went through 18" of water and it destroyed the engine. The intake in at the bottom. The car was down for 6 weeks for a new (rebuilt enging)"

Great car for Big Guys

By on Monday, January 13, 2014

Pros: "Gadgetry, Power, Comfort, great ride"

Cons: "Some plastic inside, less leg room than previous"

"I am 6'7" and this is my 5th 7 series in the past 7 years. What I like about the Li is that I can have clients sit behind me with plenty of room and I am not cramped driving. Having the previous model, I do feel the interior was better in my 2007, as there seems to be some materials that are sub par in the newer car (guessing weight reductions). The engine and transmission are very responsive and is the main reason for the switch from the 07. Also,the styling and gadgets are much better but still has issues. This is a car I would definitely not own if it does not have a warranty. Repairs can easily cost $1000's for the most mundane repairs. My car recommends oil changes between 9,000-15,000 miles thus far. It seems I go through roughly 4 quarts of oil between changes. I have no active leaks but was told its a turbo charged car and its normal. Anyhow, overall a great car, but outside of a warranty, I would not buy. I currently average 15.9 for 70/30 Highway/City Driving. If you do the speed limit of 55, you can easily get 20+mpg."

nice car but

By on Friday, November 18, 2011

Pros: "fun to drive"

Cons: "run flat tires"

"Amazing car I love it, The only issue I have with this car is the run flat tires they have on this car, I have been through 6 tires and one wheel in just 12 months. these tires are not made for our roads in the northeast. I don not recommend this car to anyone lives in the northeast as long as BMW insists on putting these run flat tires on these amazing cars."

A dream, only minor issue are the self diagnostics

By on Sunday, October 23, 2011

Pros: "Classy, smooth, fun to drive"

"We picked this up in Munich and drove on European roads for a month. Unfortunately, it hasn't been cut loose since! Super comfortable, yet very fun to drive, especially in Sport mode (this is a 750i with the Sports package, and without most of the expense options other than stereo and blind spot/lane departure). We have had absolutely no problems other than two minor issues where I've accelerated very rapidly, and brought in self-diagnostic errors, one of which did not self-clear. I think that they have updated the software to clear the "warning" after having the engine off if the sensors don't continue to see a problem."

Very disappointed with This car

By on Friday, May 09, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive when it works"

Cons: "Not reliable"

"The fuel injector had to be replaced at 15000 miles!!! it stopped without warning on the road. Cannot believe this could happen to such expensive car. So had to wait for roadside assistance which was terrible in middle of night. I plan to sell this car soon. The battery died at 12000 miles!! What a joke. So please look for a better car for the money you end."

Wow - what a car

By on Sunday, January 19, 2014

"By far the best performing, smoothest car ever owned!"

Best Car I have ever owned .

By on Saturday, December 17, 2011

Pros: "Seats have different comfort options."

Cons: "Gas mileage"

"I have owned over 20 cars, including a Porsche, but this car is by far the most comfortable and best . It is powerful and has amazing features."

great car, retired, looking for 335 CPO car

By on Saturday, December 07, 2013

Pros: "beautiful black with tan interior"

Cons: "never a problem, solid a dream ride"

"great fammily car, perfect for long trips, driven to work mainly."

Too old for this car

By on Wednesday, August 01, 2012

Pros: "Power."

Cons: "Front seat comfort."

"Uncomfortable for my age and body build, as I become uncomfortable after 15-20 minutes of driving (front seat too narrow). Had to replace front brake pads at just 20,000 miles. Tires will not last another 10,000. Trunk closer malfunctioned and could not close trunk from full open. Parking sensors must be manually turned on, unless backing up. Pretty car, inside and out. Just not for me."

Loving it so far...

By on Sunday, June 08, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, great suspension, great backseat"

Cons: "Lack of storage space in armrest, bad gas mileage"

"Had this car for about 2 weeks now. Beautiful ride, esp. in the Comfort setting. In the other settings (Normal, Sport, Sport+), it holds the road like super glue! Excellent suspension. I can take a corner or curve at a moderately high speed and the passengers don't have to grab on the handle above to hang on; they just don't feel it. This is my first BMW. It has a very hands-on, "muscular", performance-oriented feel. That does not mean you have to be a race car driver to appreciate it; it is a pleasure to drive in town too. What I mean is that it is a more "engaging" feeling. It is just a pleasure to drive. I don't know how to describe it any better than that. The sound system is great but you have to adjust it for optimum performance. Back seat (on Li model) is huge. Backseat passengers say they can't feel bumps, etc. even in Normal mode. Downsides: Gas mileage. Specs say 14 in town, I barely get 13. Also, center armrest does not have very much storage room. Also, back-up camera makes everything look far away when in fact it is not, and no way to adjust this. But the park assist will beep if you get too close so you should not hit anything. In addition, there is an annoying delay when accelerating due to the electronic throttle control. This is esp. pronounced in Normal mode. Apparently this is due to the drive by cable system. But there are devices that you can buy to counteract this (less than $300). Also feels strange when decelerating, but I think it is due to the ETC also. Sport mode bucks at 30 mph -- not sure if this is the way it is or an issue with this particular car. Before buying this car, I looked at the S550 and the Equus (among other things). The S550 has the better interior, hands down. But the ride is very delicate. The best analogy is a show horse (S550) vs. a good riding horse (BMW)."

This is an amazing performance sedan!!

By on Monday, September 02, 2013

Pros: "A fantastic performance sedan"

Cons: "The LI is long"

750 LI with M Sport Package

"I enjoy every moment behind the wheel of this amazing machine. It has so many features that I keep going back to the Owners Manual to keep learning. I have owned 3 - 3 series, a Z3, and 2 - 5 Series. If you like a performance sedan, you have to drive one. The 400 hp twin turbo delivers power to the road when you need it or just want enjoy it."

750 LI with M Sport Package

Noisy tires ruin car

By on Saturday, February 23, 2013

Pros: "None"

Cons: "Noisy run flats"

"Run flat tires are so noisy I thought there was a wheel bearing issue. My truck rides quieter than this car. Dealer and BMW won't do anything. Only 12,000 miles. They told me to turn the radio up. Last BMW I will buy. This is the best they can do for $80k? Do yourself a favor and never buy a BMW. What a disgrace. Annoying convenience features. Why do I have to pull the handle twice to open the door? The navigation is terrible. I use my iPhone for nav. The list goes on. I really hate this car and can hardly wait to to trade it!"

best car I have ever owned

By on Thursday, December 26, 2013

Pros: "LArge, but drives like a sports car"

Cons: "It's a beast, you don't drive it for gas mileage"

"There is a reason the call it the ultimate driving machine"