2014 BMW 7 Series Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $62,163 - $66,074.

8.0

Based on 45 Ratings for the 2009 - 2015 models.

7.6/10

bought ext Warrenty fought 4 repairs

By on Sunday, August 16, 2015

Pros: "25 mpg on hwy great ride"

Cons: "Service service service"

"Had Transfer case problems after 30k selling dealer could not fix with 5 tries over another 40k, alternate dealer fixed on 1st try. Had to fight to have brakes replaced at 93k with extended warrenty. Best ride ever but would not buy again."

Perfect - just be patient

By on Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Pros: "Wicked fast but so smooth! Stunningly beautiful."

Cons: "Run flats, kind of glitchy technology, & poor mpg"

"Absolutely love my 750L. Striking good looks. I still stare when another one passes by. Performance is exhilarating. Passing and highway ramps are nothing short of an awe/jealousy inspiring feat. 80 feels like the perfect highway cruising speed so watch out! Downside: run flats scare me but I haven't had any issues. Yes, they are expensive but I'm most concerned that I'll need a replacement when I'm not near a big enough city to keep these specialized tires stocked. The second downside seems to be part of owning a German car... I have sensor lights go off and other gremlins that have put me on a first name basis with the service department. Granted, none have left me stranded. Its just life with a German car - sort of like a high maintenance spouse. Totally worth it - but frustrating when it gives you grief. Service department tells me 7's have more little glitches than other BMW's just because its always their newest technology. Third con: mileage is terrible - like its 1972 and gas is 25 cents a gallon terrible. Some tell me "if you can afford a 7, you can afford the gas." However, if you drive non-highway a lot, this car will fetch you between 14 and 16. Highway city combo pushes it up to about 17/18. I apologize for my carbon footprint in advance. All said, I would buy again. Nothing matches the driving enjoyment and luxury of a 7."

High Luxury; High Performance

By on Saturday, October 29, 2011

Pros: "Elegance of a luxury car and dynamics of a sports"

Cons: "Needs a built-in beverage cooler"

"Just a magnificent car all around!!!"

Worst 7 series ever owned

By on Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Pros: "Horsepower, comfort"

Cons: "mechanical problems and battery problems"

"This car needs a major overhaul mechanically. Look at other reviews on line on other sites. My car has had a road vibration from the day I picked it up brand new. The vibration is from 35-50 mph during gentle acceleration, and it is extremely annoying for a car of this cost. It has been in the shop multiple times, and BMW cannot come up with a solution and has no explanation. Also, electrically, the battery has died numerous times and is not covered under warranty!! Over $700 to replace the battery in the first 12 mos of the car owned. My 2003 and 2006 7 series had no problems what so ever and I still own the 2003 model. BMW rushed this car out in 2009 and refuse to admit some of the problems and have no idea how to fix them. Stay away!! Lots of horsepower and comfortable, but car has been in the shop for more than 3 months in the first 15 months owned, at a clip of over $1500 per month on the lease. Service dept has become rude and frustrated because they have no solutions and want to wash their hands of this car. Car will be back on their lot the second this lease ends and someone else can have the joy of owning maintaining this car."

Nice car that is reliable and drives well.

By on Friday, December 02, 2011

Pros: "The 740 Li enhancements."

Cons: "Auto trunk is a little slow to open."

"I'm still getting used to the bigger body style of the BMW as compared to the Mercedes CLS but I like the style of the cabin and look of the control panel."

The Search for MY perfect car is over.

By on Sunday, February 13, 2011

"I have owned 2 E-class MBs ('97 and '00), 1 3-series BMW ('92), 2 5-series BMWs ('95 and '04), and one previous 7-series BMW ('07). The 2010 750i is by far the best car I have owned. My journey stops here. Perfect blend of luxury and performance. The i-drive is much more intuitive and user friendly. No mechanical problems to date."

worse experience.......!!!!!!!

By on Friday, July 13, 2012

Reason: engine problem

"I owned 2009 750 LI bought it brand new from showroom floor, I had bad experience, we just kept coming back to dealership without any answer what is going on with the car.everytime we bring the car back to dealearship,they just told me there was a code in the system and they just clear the code. the engine keep shaking everytime we stopped in the traffic or made full stop. we were in branson,MO once and caught on traffic and the engine shaking and almost shut dowm in the middle of the hill. I have 3 years old girl sitting at the back seat and we just thankful because of the traffic or otherwise somebody might hit us from the back. we called BMW dealer and told them what happened,and they told us to bring the car in.we took the car to the dealer but they said they did not find anything wrong with the car again they said there is a code in the computer and they just reset the code. it is not worth it to buy almost $100k car but have a lot of problem that they can not find what is wrong with it. we really dissapointed.......till we trade the car with MB. AS far as the design and the comfort we do like it but, it is just a waste of time if everytime we need to go back and forward to the dealership and they do not know how to fix it"

Best 7 Series

By on Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Pros: "Better gas millage than what the current rating is"

Cons: "None so far"

"Have had and reveeried other seven series, this is the best seven series to date, many refinements that make this an exceptional value. When I reached 25k miles, the vehicle was just breaking in. At this point, I am experienceing a whole new vehicle. Will hold on to this vehicle until a new design comes forth to replace this current one, but I believe that this model's sexiness will not be surpassed."

best vehicle ever!

By on Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Pros: "Gas milage, green immage, multiple personalitites, road feel not couch feel."

Cons: "had to change phones to take advantage of the car reading and responding to my emails and texts."

"I have driven 7's for years, this is my 4th, and the 750 LI active hybrid is the best yet,. This is a massive car but it handles like a sports car-- when you want it to. With the choice of 4 modes from comfort to sport plus. I feel like I recieved 4 diffrent cars in one. Multiple personalities, just like my wife, but I like the choice to blow the doors off a S550 MBZ or just drive in comfort over a potholed road. The Active Hybrid is a blast as it adds additional hosepower in the form of "BOOST" so you don't feel it at the pump. You can drive wild and still get 26 MPG."

owned Mercedes and Porsche and love my first BMW

By on Thursday, January 12, 2012

Pros: "Great value for price"

Cons: "Storage space inaequate for front seats"

"The driving characteristics are nothing but astonishing for a car of this size. The six cylinder engine is more than enough for an excellent ride and driving experience. The smaller engine provides for a perfect balance to the car. Visibility is grand, comfort is of particular note for tall individuals. All in all a superior value over Porsche or Mercedes."