• 2014 Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

2014 BMW 7 Series Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $69,033 - $72,138.

8.0

Based on 41 Ratings for the 2009 - 2015 models.

Really smooth & quiet.

By on Thursday, August 07, 2014

"This is the 740i with the big six. Good fuel economy, a great ride and excellent handling. The twin-turbo six banger is a really good match for this body.The eight-banger is overkill for this car."

Best Car I have owned

By on Thursday, June 12, 2014

Pros: "Great to drive ,luxury is top notch,good value"

Cons: "nice if BMW offered a built in radar detector"

"Beautiful car exceptional interior and great to drive.I upgraded the interior to nappa leather it is worth the money.The car drives better than anything else in its class,I tried the competitors.I also have the on window display and it is great with the speed limits posted next to your speed.The map directions also post to the windshield and are excellent notifying your of turns audibly well in advance.I also have the surround camera for parking another great feature for the city.The finishings are superb quality and nothing comes close for drive-ability."

Loving it so far...

By on Sunday, June 08, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, great suspension, great backseat"

Cons: "Lack of storage space in armrest, bad gas mileage"

"Had this car for about 2 weeks now. Beautiful ride, esp. in the Comfort setting. In the other settings (Normal, Sport, Sport+), it holds the road like super glue! Excellent suspension. I can take a corner or curve at a moderately high speed and the passengers don't have to grab on the handle above to hang on; they just don't feel it. This is my first BMW. It has a very hands-on, "muscular", performance-oriented feel. That does not mean you have to be a race car driver to appreciate it; it is a pleasure to drive in town too. What I mean is that it is a more "engaging" feeling. It is just a pleasure to drive. I don't know how to describe it any better than that. The sound system is great but you have to adjust it for optimum performance. Back seat (on Li model) is huge. Backseat passengers say they can't feel bumps, etc. even in Normal mode. Downsides: Gas mileage. Specs say 14 in town, I barely get 13. Also, center armrest does not have very much storage room. Also, back-up camera makes everything look far away when in fact it is not, and no way to adjust this. But the park assist will beep if you get too close so you should not hit anything. In addition, there is an annoying delay when accelerating due to the electronic throttle control. This is esp. pronounced in Normal mode. Apparently this is due to the drive by cable system. But there are devices that you can buy to counteract this (less than $300). Also feels strange when decelerating, but I think it is due to the ETC also. Sport mode bucks at 30 mph -- not sure if this is the way it is or an issue with this particular car. Before buying this car, I looked at the S550 and the Equus (among other things). The S550 has the better interior, hands down. But the ride is very delicate. The best analogy is a show horse (S550) vs. a good riding horse (BMW)."

Consistently Great Car

By on Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Pros: "Dependable"

Cons: "Complicated"

"This is my 14th BMW 7 Series since 1992 and I keep coming back to buy the new model every 2 years. This car is the ultimate luxury car. I also own a RR and this car is far more enjoyable to drive. The technology is amazing. I can't wait to take delivery of my new 2015 750. I'm sure the folks at BMW have made it an even more amazing car than the one I currently own but I'm just not sure what they could have added to do it."

Love the 2012 750Li xdrive

By on Thursday, May 15, 2014

Pros: "Stylish Looks, Speed, Comfort, Handeling, Power!"

Cons: "Fuel Consumption, Turning Radius."

"This car is responsive, fast but also very comfortable. I just came out of an S Class and although I really enjoyed the comfort, the handling of the 750 is just remarkable. Don't purchase if gas consumption is your #1 concern. Run flats are new to me so I will have to return in about 10,000 miles to let you know how things go but this car is awesome to drive and even better to look at. I wish the trunk space was larger, even with no spare there is little luggage space. The folks in the back seat are super comfortable and have plenty leg room. I'm never there :-) I purchase this vehicle as "Certified" but given I know the previous owners and they loved it but upgraded to the 14 I know I have a wonderful machine."