• 2014 Small Luxury Sport Sedans

2013 BMW 7 Series Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $62,724 - $66,163.

8.0

Based on 35 Ratings for the 2009 - 2014 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

Perfect - just be patient

By on Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Pros: "Wicked fast but so smooth! Stunningly beautiful."

Cons: "Run flats, kind of glitchy technology, & poor mpg"

"Absolutely love my 750L. Striking good looks. I still stare when another one passes by. Performance is exhilarating. Passing and highway ramps are nothing short of an awe/jealousy inspiring feat. 80 feels like the perfect highway cruising speed so watch out! Downside: run flats scare me but I haven't had any issues. Yes, they are expensive but I'm most concerned that I'll need a replacement when I'm not near a big enough city to keep these specialized tires stocked. The second downside seems to be part of owning a German car... I have sensor lights go off and other gremlins that have put me on a first name basis with the service department. Granted, none have left me stranded. Its just life with a German car - sort of like a high maintenance spouse. Totally worth it - but frustrating when it gives you grief. Service department tells me 7's have more little glitches than other BMW's just because its always their newest technology. Third con: mileage is terrible - like its 1972 and gas is 25 cents a gallon terrible. Some tell me "if you can afford a 7, you can afford the gas." However, if you drive non-highway a lot, this car will fetch you between 14 and 16. Highway city combo pushes it up to about 17/18. I apologize for my carbon footprint in advance. All said, I would buy again. Nothing matches the driving enjoyment and luxury of a 7."

owned Mercedes and Porsche and love my first BMW

By on Thursday, January 12, 2012

Pros: "Great value for price"

Cons: "Storage space inaequate for front seats"

"The driving characteristics are nothing but astonishing for a car of this size. The six cylinder engine is more than enough for an excellent ride and driving experience. The smaller engine provides for a perfect balance to the car. Visibility is grand, comfort is of particular note for tall individuals. All in all a superior value over Porsche or Mercedes."

Great car for Big Guys

By on Monday, January 13, 2014

Pros: "Gadgetry, Power, Comfort, great ride"

Cons: "Some plastic inside, less leg room than previous"

"I am 6'7" and this is my 5th 7 series in the past 7 years. What I like about the Li is that I can have clients sit behind me with plenty of room and I am not cramped driving. Having the previous model, I do feel the interior was better in my 2007, as there seems to be some materials that are sub par in the newer car (guessing weight reductions). The engine and transmission are very responsive and is the main reason for the switch from the 07. Also,the styling and gadgets are much better but still has issues. This is a car I would definitely not own if it does not have a warranty. Repairs can easily cost $1000's for the most mundane repairs. My car recommends oil changes between 9,000-15,000 miles thus far. It seems I go through roughly 4 quarts of oil between changes. I have no active leaks but was told its a turbo charged car and its normal. Anyhow, overall a great car, but outside of a warranty, I would not buy. I currently average 15.9 for 70/30 Highway/City Driving. If you do the speed limit of 55, you can easily get 20+mpg."

Great Car - right at the top

By on Sunday, September 22, 2013

Pros: "great car all around"

Cons: "tires ware off around 12K"

"I owned Mercedes S500 then S550 and E430 before them ... the S class had miserable reliability so I said let me give this BMW (my First) a try. Boy was I surprised - PLEASANTLY! this car is amazing in design, comfort and aerodynamics. I would rate it a 10 except for one problem that is behind me now. the tires ware off at about 12,000 miles creating roaring noise. but once I ditched the OEM tires and got plain old tire kingdom tires ... problem has disappeared and now 10,000 miles later still gone. so if you dish out a $1200 for new tires for a car that is over 100K what is the big deal, right? my take on it is that. I am likely to buy this car once my lease is up in 3 months! Great Car and the mpg is good too with the hybrid!"

A dream, only minor issue are the self diagnostics

By on Sunday, October 23, 2011

Pros: "Classy, smooth, fun to drive"

"We picked this up in Munich and drove on European roads for a month. Unfortunately, it hasn't been cut loose since! Super comfortable, yet very fun to drive, especially in Sport mode (this is a 750i with the Sports package, and without most of the expense options other than stereo and blind spot/lane departure). We have had absolutely no problems other than two minor issues where I've accelerated very rapidly, and brought in self-diagnostic errors, one of which did not self-clear. I think that they have updated the software to clear the "warning" after having the engine off if the sensors don't continue to see a problem."

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25