2011 BMW 7 Series

8.0

Based on 45 Ratings for the 2009 - 2015 models.

7.6/10

Great Car - right at the top

By on Sunday, September 22, 2013

Pros: "great car all around"

Cons: "tires ware off around 12K"

"I owned Mercedes S500 then S550 and E430 before them ... the S class had miserable reliability so I said let me give this BMW (my First) a try. Boy was I surprised - PLEASANTLY! this car is amazing in design, comfort and aerodynamics. I would rate it a 10 except for one problem that is behind me now. the tires ware off at about 12,000 miles creating roaring noise. but once I ditched the OEM tires and got plain old tire kingdom tires ... problem has disappeared and now 10,000 miles later still gone. so if you dish out a $1200 for new tires for a car that is over 100K what is the big deal, right? my take on it is that. I am likely to buy this car once my lease is up in 3 months! Great Car and the mpg is good too with the hybrid!"

great car

By on Thursday, December 15, 2011

"hate run flats"

good car stay away from water

By on Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive"

Cons: "dont drive through water,"

"I have owned or leased BMW 3 series, and 2 5 series for my wife with good results but to small for me. I have always driven a SUV and made the switch to the 7 series. great car, it has plenty of power, drives well over 120 mph, great cockpit, and a real head turner. The issues I have had were mostly with the dealer. The car pulled to the right since new, after two trips to the dealer they informed my it was in line. So I gave up, the lease will be up before the tires ware out. One thing to be aware of I went through 18" of water and it destroyed the engine. The intake in at the bottom. The car was down for 6 weeks for a new (rebuilt enging)"

Great car for Big Guys

By on Monday, January 13, 2014

Pros: "Gadgetry, Power, Comfort, great ride"

Cons: "Some plastic inside, less leg room than previous"

"I am 6'7" and this is my 5th 7 series in the past 7 years. What I like about the Li is that I can have clients sit behind me with plenty of room and I am not cramped driving. Having the previous model, I do feel the interior was better in my 2007, as there seems to be some materials that are sub par in the newer car (guessing weight reductions). The engine and transmission are very responsive and is the main reason for the switch from the 07. Also,the styling and gadgets are much better but still has issues. This is a car I would definitely not own if it does not have a warranty. Repairs can easily cost $1000's for the most mundane repairs. My car recommends oil changes between 9,000-15,000 miles thus far. It seems I go through roughly 4 quarts of oil between changes. I have no active leaks but was told its a turbo charged car and its normal. Anyhow, overall a great car, but outside of a warranty, I would not buy. I currently average 15.9 for 70/30 Highway/City Driving. If you do the speed limit of 55, you can easily get 20+mpg."

Great Driving Experience but Expensive

By on Friday, February 03, 2012

Pros: "Great driving car. Luxury and speed!"

Cons: "Expensive, no spare, run flat tires."

"The car was redeigned in 2009 and I perfer the newly designed interior cabin much more than prior years. Purchased this car used from dealer with 11k. The twin turbos make this car very fast and it handles excellent. Service has been very good and my car has not spent a lot of time in shop. One recall on water pump. Biggest negative is tires. This model has no spare and utilizes a run flat tire. That makes them much more expensive with less wear. Other than the cost of replacing tires, this is a great car. A little pricey, but maintenance is included to 50k which helps to offset operating costs."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching BMW 7 Series near Honolulu. See local deals