• 2014 Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

2010 BMW 7 Series

8.0

Based on 41 Ratings for the 2009 - 2015 models.

Really smooth & quiet.

By on Thursday, August 07, 2014

"This is the 740i with the big six. Good fuel economy, a great ride and excellent handling. The twin-turbo six banger is a really good match for this body.The eight-banger is overkill for this car."

Best Car I have owned

By on Thursday, June 12, 2014

Pros: "Great to drive ,luxury is top notch,good value"

Cons: "nice if BMW offered a built in radar detector"

"Beautiful car exceptional interior and great to drive.I upgraded the interior to nappa leather it is worth the money.The car drives better than anything else in its class,I tried the competitors.I also have the on window display and it is great with the speed limits posted next to your speed.The map directions also post to the windshield and are excellent notifying your of turns audibly well in advance.I also have the surround camera for parking another great feature for the city.The finishings are superb quality and nothing comes close for drive-ability."

Loving it so far...

By on Sunday, June 08, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, great suspension, great backseat"

Cons: "Lack of storage space in armrest, bad gas mileage"

"Had this car for about 2 weeks now. Beautiful ride, esp. in the Comfort setting. In the other settings (Normal, Sport, Sport+), it holds the road like super glue! Excellent suspension. I can take a corner or curve at a moderately high speed and the passengers don't have to grab on the handle above to hang on; they just don't feel it. This is my first BMW. It has a very hands-on, "muscular", performance-oriented feel. That does not mean you have to be a race car driver to appreciate it; it is a pleasure to drive in town too. What I mean is that it is a more "engaging" feeling. It is just a pleasure to drive. I don't know how to describe it any better than that. The sound system is great but you have to adjust it for optimum performance. Back seat (on Li model) is huge. Backseat passengers say they can't feel bumps, etc. even in Normal mode. Downsides: Gas mileage. Specs say 14 in town, I barely get 13. Also, center armrest does not have very much storage room. Also, back-up camera makes everything look far away when in fact it is not, and no way to adjust this. But the park assist will beep if you get too close so you should not hit anything. In addition, there is an annoying delay when accelerating due to the electronic throttle control. This is esp. pronounced in Normal mode. Apparently this is due to the drive by cable system. But there are devices that you can buy to counteract this (less than $300). Also feels strange when decelerating, but I think it is due to the ETC also. Sport mode bucks at 30 mph -- not sure if this is the way it is or an issue with this particular car. Before buying this car, I looked at the S550 and the Equus (among other things). The S550 has the better interior, hands down. But the ride is very delicate. The best analogy is a show horse (S550) vs. a good riding horse (BMW)."

Consistently Great Car

By on Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Pros: "Dependable"

Cons: "Complicated"

"This is my 14th BMW 7 Series since 1992 and I keep coming back to buy the new model every 2 years. This car is the ultimate luxury car. I also own a RR and this car is far more enjoyable to drive. The technology is amazing. I can't wait to take delivery of my new 2015 750. I'm sure the folks at BMW have made it an even more amazing car than the one I currently own but I'm just not sure what they could have added to do it."

Love the 2012 750Li xdrive

By on Thursday, May 15, 2014

Pros: "Stylish Looks, Speed, Comfort, Handeling, Power!"

Cons: "Fuel Consumption, Turning Radius."

"This car is responsive, fast but also very comfortable. I just came out of an S Class and although I really enjoyed the comfort, the handling of the 750 is just remarkable. Don't purchase if gas consumption is your #1 concern. Run flats are new to me so I will have to return in about 10,000 miles to let you know how things go but this car is awesome to drive and even better to look at. I wish the trunk space was larger, even with no spare there is little luggage space. The folks in the back seat are super comfortable and have plenty leg room. I'm never there :-) I purchase this vehicle as "Certified" but given I know the previous owners and they loved it but upgraded to the 14 I know I have a wonderful machine."

Very disappointed with This car

By on Friday, May 09, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive when it works"

Cons: "Not reliable"

"The fuel injector had to be replaced at 15000 miles!!! it stopped without warning on the road. Cannot believe this could happen to such expensive car. So had to wait for roadside assistance which was terrible in middle of night. I plan to sell this car soon. The battery died at 12000 miles!! What a joke. So please look for a better car for the money you end."

Wow - what a car

By on Sunday, January 19, 2014

"By far the best performing, smoothest car ever owned!"

Great car for Big Guys

By on Monday, January 13, 2014

Pros: "Gadgetry, Power, Comfort, great ride"

Cons: "Some plastic inside, less leg room than previous"

"I am 6'7" and this is my 5th 7 series in the past 7 years. What I like about the Li is that I can have clients sit behind me with plenty of room and I am not cramped driving. Having the previous model, I do feel the interior was better in my 2007, as there seems to be some materials that are sub par in the newer car (guessing weight reductions). The engine and transmission are very responsive and is the main reason for the switch from the 07. Also,the styling and gadgets are much better but still has issues. This is a car I would definitely not own if it does not have a warranty. Repairs can easily cost $1000's for the most mundane repairs. My car recommends oil changes between 9,000-15,000 miles thus far. It seems I go through roughly 4 quarts of oil between changes. I have no active leaks but was told its a turbo charged car and its normal. Anyhow, overall a great car, but outside of a warranty, I would not buy. I currently average 15.9 for 70/30 Highway/City Driving. If you do the speed limit of 55, you can easily get 20+mpg."

best car I have ever owned

By on Thursday, December 26, 2013

Pros: "LArge, but drives like a sports car"

Cons: "It's a beast, you don't drive it for gas mileage"

"There is a reason the call it the ultimate driving machine"

great car, retired, looking for 335 CPO car

By on Saturday, December 07, 2013

Pros: "beautiful black with tan interior"

Cons: "never a problem, solid a dream ride"

"great fammily car, perfect for long trips, driven to work mainly."

Great Car - right at the top

By on Sunday, September 22, 2013

Pros: "great car all around"

Cons: "tires ware off around 12K"

"I owned Mercedes S500 then S550 and E430 before them ... the S class had miserable reliability so I said let me give this BMW (my First) a try. Boy was I surprised - PLEASANTLY! this car is amazing in design, comfort and aerodynamics. I would rate it a 10 except for one problem that is behind me now. the tires ware off at about 12,000 miles creating roaring noise. but once I ditched the OEM tires and got plain old tire kingdom tires ... problem has disappeared and now 10,000 miles later still gone. so if you dish out a $1200 for new tires for a car that is over 100K what is the big deal, right? my take on it is that. I am likely to buy this car once my lease is up in 3 months! Great Car and the mpg is good too with the hybrid!"

This is an amazing performance sedan!!

By on Monday, September 02, 2013

Pros: "A fantastic performance sedan"

Cons: "The LI is long"

750 LI with M Sport Package

"I enjoy every moment behind the wheel of this amazing machine. It has so many features that I keep going back to the Owners Manual to keep learning. I have owned 3 - 3 series, a Z3, and 2 - 5 Series. If you like a performance sedan, you have to drive one. The 400 hp twin turbo delivers power to the road when you need it or just want enjoy it."

750 LI with M Sport Package

Perfect - just be patient

By on Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Pros: "Wicked fast but so smooth! Stunningly beautiful."

Cons: "Run flats, kind of glitchy technology, & poor mpg"

"Absolutely love my 750L. Striking good looks. I still stare when another one passes by. Performance is exhilarating. Passing and highway ramps are nothing short of an awe/jealousy inspiring feat. 80 feels like the perfect highway cruising speed so watch out! Downside: run flats scare me but I haven't had any issues. Yes, they are expensive but I'm most concerned that I'll need a replacement when I'm not near a big enough city to keep these specialized tires stocked. The second downside seems to be part of owning a German car... I have sensor lights go off and other gremlins that have put me on a first name basis with the service department. Granted, none have left me stranded. Its just life with a German car - sort of like a high maintenance spouse. Totally worth it - but frustrating when it gives you grief. Service department tells me 7's have more little glitches than other BMW's just because its always their newest technology. Third con: mileage is terrible - like its 1972 and gas is 25 cents a gallon terrible. Some tell me "if you can afford a 7, you can afford the gas." However, if you drive non-highway a lot, this car will fetch you between 14 and 16. Highway city combo pushes it up to about 17/18. I apologize for my carbon footprint in advance. All said, I would buy again. Nothing matches the driving enjoyment and luxury of a 7."

Noisy tires ruin car

By on Saturday, February 23, 2013

Pros: "None"

Cons: "Noisy run flats"

"Run flat tires are so noisy I thought there was a wheel bearing issue. My truck rides quieter than this car. Dealer and BMW won't do anything. Only 12,000 miles. They told me to turn the radio up. Last BMW I will buy. This is the best they can do for $80k? Do yourself a favor and never buy a BMW. What a disgrace. Annoying convenience features. Why do I have to pull the handle twice to open the door? The navigation is terrible. I use my iPhone for nav. The list goes on. I really hate this car and can hardly wait to to trade it!"

best vehicle ever for high dollar sedans

By on Friday, February 22, 2013

Pros: "price competitive"

Cons: "loves the way it handles in inclement weather.."

"This is my first BMW and it is awesome.."

good car stay away from water

By on Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive"

Cons: "dont drive through water,"

"I have owned or leased BMW 3 series, and 2 5 series for my wife with good results but to small for me. I have always driven a SUV and made the switch to the 7 series. great car, it has plenty of power, drives well over 120 mph, great cockpit, and a real head turner. The issues I have had were mostly with the dealer. The car pulled to the right since new, after two trips to the dealer they informed my it was in line. So I gave up, the lease will be up before the tires ware out. One thing to be aware of I went through 18" of water and it destroyed the engine. The intake in at the bottom. The car was down for 6 weeks for a new (rebuilt enging)"

Too old for this car

By on Wednesday, August 01, 2012

Pros: "Power."

Cons: "Front seat comfort."

"Uncomfortable for my age and body build, as I become uncomfortable after 15-20 minutes of driving (front seat too narrow). Had to replace front brake pads at just 20,000 miles. Tires will not last another 10,000. Trunk closer malfunctioned and could not close trunk from full open. Parking sensors must be manually turned on, unless backing up. Pretty car, inside and out. Just not for me."

worse experience.......!!!!!!!

By on Friday, July 13, 2012

Reason: engine problem

"I owned 2009 750 LI bought it brand new from showroom floor, I had bad experience, we just kept coming back to dealership without any answer what is going on with the car.everytime we bring the car back to dealearship,they just told me there was a code in the system and they just clear the code. the engine keep shaking everytime we stopped in the traffic or made full stop. we were in branson,MO once and caught on traffic and the engine shaking and almost shut dowm in the middle of the hill. I have 3 years old girl sitting at the back seat and we just thankful because of the traffic or otherwise somebody might hit us from the back. we called BMW dealer and told them what happened,and they told us to bring the car in.we took the car to the dealer but they said they did not find anything wrong with the car again they said there is a code in the computer and they just reset the code. it is not worth it to buy almost $100k car but have a lot of problem that they can not find what is wrong with it. we really dissapointed.......till we trade the car with MB. AS far as the design and the comfort we do like it but, it is just a waste of time if everytime we need to go back and forward to the dealership and they do not know how to fix it"

Best 7 Series

By on Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Pros: "Better gas millage than what the current rating is"

Cons: "None so far"

"Have had and reveeried other seven series, this is the best seven series to date, many refinements that make this an exceptional value. When I reached 25k miles, the vehicle was just breaking in. At this point, I am experienceing a whole new vehicle. Will hold on to this vehicle until a new design comes forth to replace this current one, but I believe that this model's sexiness will not be surpassed."

Cool to drive

By on Monday, February 20, 2012

Pros: "smooth ride."

Cons: "Gas Guzzler. Expensive options."

"750 i x drive. Just had it last week. Love it so far."

Great Driving Experience but Expensive

By on Friday, February 03, 2012

Pros: "Great driving car. Luxury and speed!"

Cons: "Expensive, no spare, run flat tires."

"The car was redeigned in 2009 and I perfer the newly designed interior cabin much more than prior years. Purchased this car used from dealer with 11k. The twin turbos make this car very fast and it handles excellent. Service has been very good and my car has not spent a lot of time in shop. One recall on water pump. Biggest negative is tires. This model has no spare and utilizes a run flat tire. That makes them much more expensive with less wear. Other than the cost of replacing tires, this is a great car. A little pricey, but maintenance is included to 50k which helps to offset operating costs."

owned Mercedes and Porsche and love my first BMW

By on Thursday, January 12, 2012

Pros: "Great value for price"

Cons: "Storage space inaequate for front seats"

"The driving characteristics are nothing but astonishing for a car of this size. The six cylinder engine is more than enough for an excellent ride and driving experience. The smaller engine provides for a perfect balance to the car. Visibility is grand, comfort is of particular note for tall individuals. All in all a superior value over Porsche or Mercedes."

I traded it in

By on Friday, January 06, 2012

"What a car, have owned numerous high line cars"

Horrible car and BMW does not stand by it

By on Friday, January 06, 2012

"Worst car i have ever bought nothing but problems"

Best Car I have ever owned .

By on Saturday, December 17, 2011

Pros: "Seats have different comfort options."

Cons: "Gas mileage"

"I have owned over 20 cars, including a Porsche, but this car is by far the most comfortable and best . It is powerful and has amazing features."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching BMW 7 Series near Honolulu. See local deals