2009 BMW 7 Series

8.0

Based on 45 Ratings for the 2009 - 2015 models.

7.6/10

bought ext Warrenty fought 4 repairs

By on Sunday, August 16, 2015

Pros: "25 mpg on hwy great ride"

Cons: "Service service service"

"Had Transfer case problems after 30k selling dealer could not fix with 5 tries over another 40k, alternate dealer fixed on 1st try. Had to fight to have brakes replaced at 93k with extended warrenty. Best ride ever but would not buy again."

Perfect - just be patient

By on Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Pros: "Wicked fast but so smooth! Stunningly beautiful."

Cons: "Run flats, kind of glitchy technology, & poor mpg"

"Absolutely love my 750L. Striking good looks. I still stare when another one passes by. Performance is exhilarating. Passing and highway ramps are nothing short of an awe/jealousy inspiring feat. 80 feels like the perfect highway cruising speed so watch out! Downside: run flats scare me but I haven't had any issues. Yes, they are expensive but I'm most concerned that I'll need a replacement when I'm not near a big enough city to keep these specialized tires stocked. The second downside seems to be part of owning a German car... I have sensor lights go off and other gremlins that have put me on a first name basis with the service department. Granted, none have left me stranded. Its just life with a German car - sort of like a high maintenance spouse. Totally worth it - but frustrating when it gives you grief. Service department tells me 7's have more little glitches than other BMW's just because its always their newest technology. Third con: mileage is terrible - like its 1972 and gas is 25 cents a gallon terrible. Some tell me "if you can afford a 7, you can afford the gas." However, if you drive non-highway a lot, this car will fetch you between 14 and 16. Highway city combo pushes it up to about 17/18. I apologize for my carbon footprint in advance. All said, I would buy again. Nothing matches the driving enjoyment and luxury of a 7."

High Luxury; High Performance

By on Saturday, October 29, 2011

Pros: "Elegance of a luxury car and dynamics of a sports"

Cons: "Needs a built-in beverage cooler"

"Just a magnificent car all around!!!"

Worst 7 series ever owned

By on Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Pros: "Horsepower, comfort"

Cons: "mechanical problems and battery problems"

"This car needs a major overhaul mechanically. Look at other reviews on line on other sites. My car has had a road vibration from the day I picked it up brand new. The vibration is from 35-50 mph during gentle acceleration, and it is extremely annoying for a car of this cost. It has been in the shop multiple times, and BMW cannot come up with a solution and has no explanation. Also, electrically, the battery has died numerous times and is not covered under warranty!! Over $700 to replace the battery in the first 12 mos of the car owned. My 2003 and 2006 7 series had no problems what so ever and I still own the 2003 model. BMW rushed this car out in 2009 and refuse to admit some of the problems and have no idea how to fix them. Stay away!! Lots of horsepower and comfortable, but car has been in the shop for more than 3 months in the first 15 months owned, at a clip of over $1500 per month on the lease. Service dept has become rude and frustrated because they have no solutions and want to wash their hands of this car. Car will be back on their lot the second this lease ends and someone else can have the joy of owning maintaining this car."

Nice car that is reliable and drives well.

By on Friday, December 02, 2011

Pros: "The 740 Li enhancements."

Cons: "Auto trunk is a little slow to open."

"I'm still getting used to the bigger body style of the BMW as compared to the Mercedes CLS but I like the style of the cabin and look of the control panel."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching BMW 7 Series near Honolulu. See local deals