• 2014 Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

2005 BMW 7 Series

8.3

Based on 270 Ratings for the 2002 - 2008 models.

They stand behind the car!

By on Sunday, August 31, 2014

Pros: "Comfort and ride"

Cons: "No backup camera"

"Bought car used, but certified, 100,000 mile warranty. Love the car! Although they had to put a new $8,000 transmission, under warranty . They bent over backwards for me, always a loner car. Sarasota BMW. Even the owner sent me a gift basket because of the inconvenience. Car now runs like a top. Perfect for me, I'm 6'5."

This is the Ultimate Spending Machine. Do not Buy

By on Thursday, July 31, 2014

"The last repair this year after spending $3700 was the $710 yesterday for the rear seat belt buckle and a new battery at the BMW dealer. Going home and after 10 minutes every light lit up in the dashboard. Made a U turn dropped the car back at the dealer. Got a call this morning to fix the faulty brake light, ABS light another $2200. The ultimate driving machine has been nothing but an ultimate spending machine. Seriously BMW?"

Toyota

By on Sunday, July 13, 2014

"We love the car, but it's just coming out of warranty. So far this year the dealer has performed over $13,000 worth of repairs and we've paid out an additional $3,000 not inc tires. We had the extended warranty with the service plan included. We are not going to keep it or buy another BMW ever."

Rides like a jet

By on Monday, June 30, 2014

"Love this car"

The ultimate driving machine from BMW in 2006

By on Thursday, April 24, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, total head turner!"

Cons: "iDrive system is a little awkward"

"I purchased this car used with very low mileage. I would not spend $110k on a car, but I digress. The car is comfortable and fast. There are a few things that could have been done differently or "better" and i think BMW addressed that in 2007 and on. It is a very rare car, rumor has it they only made about 1200 of the 760i in 2006, that may or may not be true. This car should have power retractable mirrors! In closing, if you can find one have it checked out, and BUY IT!!"

This car is great. Maintenance is the main problem

By on Sunday, February 23, 2014

Pros: "Great comfort and the car responds very well."

Cons: "Expensive to maintain. Bad during snow."

"The car is indeed a great car, but the maintenance on this car take a bite on one's pocket. This is not a car one could take to any mechanics otherwise, they would mess it up real bad. One needs to be very cautious. The car doe s not handle itself well in the snow. The company needs to decrease the service's charges for this car and make them cheaper. One does not know when one part or all of the computer will go bad. One morning I stated the car, a message appeared on the dashboard about lighting it costed me $1,470 plus dollars and change to have it fix,even though it never got wet. I like the fact that most of the features of the car are hidden so that prevent people, especially kids from playing in the car. The gas mileage could be better but for a big car like mine, it is alright."

Worst car I ever bought

By on Thursday, February 06, 2014

Pros: "Looks good drives good when it works"

Cons: "Mechanical poor and too expensive to keep up. BMW"

"I read these reviews and think I must be on another planet. I purchased this car with 71,000 miles. The valve guides a bad - the transmission is bad and the cateletic converter was bad. This is after I ran the diagnostics at a BMW store for $100. To fix it was more than the cost of the car. In fact the mechanic told me the E 62 engine was the worst they ever made and they don't stand behind them. He felt they shiuld have extended the warranty as they did on the 3002-03. Even my own BMW mechanic said they were horrible- if you buy a 7 series you are purchasing a time bomb!"

Probably the sigle bes kept in NJ-I

By on Sunday, January 26, 2014

Pros: "The best!"

Cons: "NONE"

"I am 82 and take 6 car magazines-been to Pebble 3 time and many other shows-Owned 2000 Arnage Bently a 456 Maranello Ferrari and many others-I get this a car washed about evey 19 days Many compiemts at my CC-Trump National in Bedminister NJ by the parker fellows!!"

Alpina B7- Awesome Automobile

By on Thursday, January 23, 2014

"This car has been nothing but a pleasure to own. I haven't had any problems with the car at all in the last 7k or year and a half of ownership. I bought this car with 14k miles and paid 1/3 of what it cost new, even though it still looks, drives, smells, like new! It is fast, sleak, gets good gas mileage, its rare, its comfortable, its basically a luxury sedan, and supercar combined into one ultimate driving machine. They depreciate quickly because no one knows what they are, so if you can buy one slightly used and maintained like I did, you can live like you are rich with a middle class income."

I love my BMW it is AWESOME

By on Thursday, January 09, 2014

"I love my BMW it is AWESOME"

Looks great, but built poor. German Engineering???

By on Sunday, September 29, 2013

Pros: "Styles, Great looking, Comfortable"

Cons: "Costly, Oil leaking issue(too early)"

"Very nice looking, and very comfortable when working fine. But, It seems not reliable enough when you see the price. Could not understand where the $$$ goes. So expensive to fix and not reliable on basics. Wonder where is the German engineering goes? Buy for style and comfort~ if you can handle~...."

Ultimate driving machine on Interstate

By on Wednesday, September 25, 2013

"I bought this car used at 110K. I had to spend some money on small plastic parts and I had to have the seals and gaskets on the engine repaleced as all BMWs leak when over 100K. But they also tend to get 200K plus on the drivetrains if you keep up maintenance. What a stout Panzer. The car rides like you are on air and is fast and nimble. It handles like a big sports car in the curves and accelerates like a jet. As with all german cars the plastic starts to degrade after 10 years and you have to replace plastic components. The car can be costly if you take it to the dealer but is feasible if you search the web for parts. This is my fourth BMW and 6th German car. I love to drive this machine."

Positive experience thus far for a vanity vehicle.

By on Sunday, August 18, 2013

Pros: "Power, Seats, Drive, Looks, Solid Resale"

My '03 745li at 125,005 miles and wife's 0'8 528

"My experience with the car has been positive overall. In face of poor reliability reviews from consumers, I purchased a 2003 745li in 2006/7 at @41,000 miles from dealer -certified. The car looked great and felt solid. Now I have 125,005 miles on the car. I do not recall major repairs under warranty except radio but it seemed like the dealership was prone to adjust electronic/computer stuff at every service even though I did not report problems. Perhaps they were taking special care to prevent a problem? Post warranty I have had repaired/replaced: fuel pump, battery, tires, O2 sensors, vaccuum hose and Angel light-- All basic stuf. I feel as the car is just settling in- I consider it loyal. This makes it tough for me to part with the car. I get asked a couple times a month about the year of the car; people think its much newer. Every now and then I get offered a very fair price in parking lots or at gas stations. I will accept the next great offer I get and purchase a 2011 certified 750li M or Alpina. As with most vanity possessions, the bottom line is that in the case of a 7 series you should not get such a vehicle if you cringe at the possibility of expensive repairs and wonder if you over reached and got too much car."

My '03 745li at 125,005 miles and wife's 0'8 528

Great car!

By on Saturday, July 27, 2013

"This is my third & series. The only thing missing is my big screen TV."

nice but high maintenance transmission issues

By on Tuesday, July 09, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive, comfort ride, plenty of leg room"

Cons: "Power train not reliable, high maintenance costs"

"The car has nice features and comfortable to drive, but that's no good if the vehicle isn't reliable. I was averaging 2000 dollars a year by maintaining the vehicle. At 95,000 miles my transmission failed. The sad part, tranny maintenance isn't until 100,000 miles. The cost for replacement? 8600.00. Overall, the car is a head turner, but reliability just isn't there."

Awsome to Drive if you dont mind the extra expense

By on Wednesday, July 03, 2013

"Great comftrable ride, the only down side if you are young like me, you will see your insurance premium skyrocket. I pay $500 on insurance."

Smooth, powerful luxury!

By on Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Pros: "Luxury galore, very safe, comfort, nice power, MPG"

Cons: "BAD in snow, sunroof is loud"

"This car is remarkable. The comfort is great. I'm 6' 3" and this car is amazing. I have had 4 - 5 series and an X5 and this by far is the best....unless you are talking about snow- NOT GOOD! I figured because of the perfect weight balance this would be good but it is terrible! It would be the only reason I go back to a 5 series. Even without the Xi badge the 535 was amazing in the snow. The only other small complaint i can even think of is the sunroof. It is very loud with the slide pulled back. I just don't understand that on a 90K car."

operation cost

By on Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Pros: "great drive"

Cons: "high gas and repair cost"

"My BMW 750i is a joy to drive, when you can afford to drive it. Only 16-miles city, premium gas only. The repair cost after the warranty is super crazy. after 5-years things began to break quickly. A break repair can be $2,000. After warranty used up. The service department care less about your car care. The resale value drops like a falling rock! If the thrill of driving is what you want with no concern of gas and repair cost. I highly recommend. Otherwise, do as I did, buy a Toyota or Honda product and drive in peace."

Excellent Driving Machine

By on Monday, April 15, 2013

Pros: "Comfort of ride, dependability and quality."

Cons: "Fuel milage. But who cares."

"I have even had this car on the race track and the handeling was exceptional. I drive this car like it should be, I often (continually) drive the car in excess of the posted speed limits, and usually in the 100 MPH range. The car performs as advertised. I will be trading the vehicle for a newer model of the same car, not because it is worn out, not by any means. This car will make the next owner an excellent vehicle. BMW 75Li is an excellent car."

Great vehicle until repairs come along...

By on Sunday, April 07, 2013

Pros: "most comfortable to drive and can be sporty"

Cons: "repair costs, no back up cam,"

"Great car until the repairs come,,,which can be very pricey. Beautiful and comfortable, but can be sporty and quick when needed (although long). Had a great time with it, but repairs that do come along keep asking myself if I should go for A8 or something else."

would not buy another

By on Friday, March 29, 2013

"before I bought the car I was told that if you own it get rid of it before 50k. Didn't listen, got 66k on it and in the last 2 years I have had to put in over 4000 bucks. Now I just found out that the tranny has to be replaced, at 66k, unreal, cost 10k for a car that might be worth 20k. I paid 85k when I bought it new. My advise, get a lexus or an audi. THis is a nightmare. Im just gonna park the beast."

BEST CAR EVER.

By on Monday, January 21, 2013

"I've owned over 30 cars in my life time. This unit is the best. First used car I have bought in 25 years. Great value, comfort, style, and the list of options is almost endless. I also own a CLK350 Conv. also another fine German car."

Very Nice!

By on Monday, December 31, 2012

Pros: "fast and fun to drive"

Cons: "rapid depreciation"

"I've had this car for a couple years now and it has never given me any problems. It is very comfortable on the inside and good for long drives. The service is expensive, but it's worth the money."

Terrible car to own!!

By on Saturday, November 24, 2012

"This car has too many problems! It stays in the shop more than on the road! Always nervous driving just waiting for something to go wrong at a moments notice. Has owned this car for 6 years and has expensive repairs each year! I previously own a BMW for 10 years. Never will I buy another BMW!"

Most exspensive piece of garbage

By on Friday, November 09, 2012

Pros: "rides like a dream"

Cons: "You will spend every penny you own in this car"

"I would never buy another"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching BMW 7 Series near Honolulu. See local deals