• Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

2005 BMW 7 Series

8.3

Based on 279 Ratings for the 2002 - 2008 models.

nice but high maintenance transmission issues

By on Tuesday, July 09, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive, comfort ride, plenty of leg room"

Cons: "Power train not reliable, high maintenance costs"

"The car has nice features and comfortable to drive, but that's no good if the vehicle isn't reliable. I was averaging 2000 dollars a year by maintaining the vehicle. At 95,000 miles my transmission failed. The sad part, tranny maintenance isn't until 100,000 miles. The cost for replacement? 8600.00. Overall, the car is a head turner, but reliability just isn't there."

This car is loaded with problems

By on Tuesday, June 29, 2010

"I've owned my 2002 745i now for 4 years and I can honestly say this car has severe design issues – I don’t care how well you take care of your 2002 you’re going to have problems. Each and every problem I've encountered with this car is a well known and common issue. The famous "cooling tube" failure being my last that resulted in a repair costing over 5 thousand dollars - this tube runs through the center of the engine and when it goes you’re in Big Trouble.. The pusher fan, trunk struts, control arm bushings also have all gone bad and also are all commonly known, planned obsolescence issues with this car. Funny thing - in 2006 BMW redesigned this engine and suspension and all the issues are resolved -- want to buy one of these? (A) Make sure you have a warranty and (B) Make sure you by the 750 2006 or higher and avoid this 2002 maintenance nightmare."

One of the best BMW's

By on Thursday, July 05, 2007

"The 750i sport is one of the best cars ever made by BMW, for those looking for great cornering ability the 750 is the king. Bmw need to focus more on the quality of the materials and the software they use in the car. It could brake down a little more than a lot of people would tolerate. BMW's navigation system is worthless and not very user friendly. If anyone is looking to get one make sure you lease it."

Best car I have ever owned

By on Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Pros: "high quality, great looks, fantastic perf."

"This is the best car I have ever owned. It is a high quality and high performance vehicle. Saw some bad review of BMW 7 series but I don't believe them. I recently drove my 745Li from Ohio to California, almost non-stop. Not one problem or issue. It was 104 degrees on the southern route and I was averaging 90-95 miles an hour for 10 hours a day. No problems at all and loved the comfortable ride. What can I say, a high quality high performance machine that is worth the price."

like driving no other car!

By on Saturday, November 12, 2011

"I have owned the car for 1.5 yrs...it is a space ship inside beautifully styled and lit. sound levels LOW. engine levels nil! Available power ---space shuttle ...mi per gal about 25 hiway. Not an around town car..touring car for sure and makes the long trips enjoyable exactly like flying up front on a oceanic trip..first class vs. riding in coach.you arrive from your drive relaxed not exhausted! need a copilot because youll want to nap in the comfy seats .. i am a pilot , might be too many gadgets, idrives, dials for the average jo..if you dont want to read manuals..dont buy this! For the rest of us..no problem! the ultimate machine!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching BMW 7 Series near Honolulu. See local deals