2004 BMW 7 Series

8.4

Based on 276 Ratings for the 2002 - 2008 models.

nice but high maintenance transmission issues

By on Tuesday, July 09, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive, comfort ride, plenty of leg room"

Cons: "Power train not reliable, high maintenance costs"

"The car has nice features and comfortable to drive, but that's no good if the vehicle isn't reliable. I was averaging 2000 dollars a year by maintaining the vehicle. At 95,000 miles my transmission failed. The sad part, tranny maintenance isn't until 100,000 miles. The cost for replacement? 8600.00. Overall, the car is a head turner, but reliability just isn't there."

Ultimate driving machine on Interstate

By on Wednesday, September 25, 2013

"I bought this car used at 110K. I had to spend some money on small plastic parts and I had to have the seals and gaskets on the engine repaleced as all BMWs leak when over 100K. But they also tend to get 200K plus on the drivetrains if you keep up maintenance. What a stout Panzer. The car rides like you are on air and is fast and nimble. It handles like a big sports car in the curves and accelerates like a jet. As with all german cars the plastic starts to degrade after 10 years and you have to replace plastic components. The car can be costly if you take it to the dealer but is feasible if you search the web for parts. This is my fourth BMW and 6th German car. I love to drive this machine."

Alpina B7- Awesome Automobile

By on Thursday, January 23, 2014

"This car has been nothing but a pleasure to own. I haven't had any problems with the car at all in the last 7k or year and a half of ownership. I bought this car with 14k miles and paid 1/3 of what it cost new, even though it still looks, drives, smells, like new! It is fast, sleak, gets good gas mileage, its rare, its comfortable, its basically a luxury sedan, and supercar combined into one ultimate driving machine. They depreciate quickly because no one knows what they are, so if you can buy one slightly used and maintained like I did, you can live like you are rich with a middle class income."

This car is loaded with problems

By on Tuesday, June 29, 2010

"I've owned my 2002 745i now for 4 years and I can honestly say this car has severe design issues – I don’t care how well you take care of your 2002 you’re going to have problems. Each and every problem I've encountered with this car is a well known and common issue. The famous "cooling tube" failure being my last that resulted in a repair costing over 5 thousand dollars - this tube runs through the center of the engine and when it goes you’re in Big Trouble.. The pusher fan, trunk struts, control arm bushings also have all gone bad and also are all commonly known, planned obsolescence issues with this car. Funny thing - in 2006 BMW redesigned this engine and suspension and all the issues are resolved -- want to buy one of these? (A) Make sure you have a warranty and (B) Make sure you by the 750 2006 or higher and avoid this 2002 maintenance nightmare."

Philly Review

By on Thursday, December 10, 2009

"I purchased my 2003 745i w/ Sport package as a CPO car. Overally, I have loved my experience with the car, but would not recommend, nor purchase a second one. It held up to it reputation for performance, styling, and overall fun!! However, I am disappointed that after 95,000 miles it is calling for over $5k in repairs and maitence. For a car originally priced at over $80k new...I expect more!! I will part from the car (and have found the $12,500 trade in value extremely disappointing), and will likely never keep a BMW longer than the warranty / service period. Such a shame for an unbelievable car has such a short life!!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching BMW 7 Series near Honolulu. See local deals