"I've driven luxury cars, sports cars, trucks and everything in between. It's an amazing combination of luxury, comfort and driving exhilaration. It eats up interstate better than almost anytthing, and still out handles and out accellerates sports cars on hilly winding roads - gotta love the paddle shifters. Throw in more convenience and fun tech gadgets than you get on most cars 7 years newer. The comfort seats live up to the description plus are heated, cooled and a massage feature which is great on long trips.
One big surprise - with snow tires, it's better in snow and ice than many SUVs. The dynamic stability contril is amazing. Almost impossible to make the car skid. Plus, don't laught, I had the car 3 winters before I discovered the heated steering wheel."
"I bought this car at the end of a 2 year lease and keep it in tip top condition. It only gets serviced by the dealer and comparatively speaking compared to other cars I have owned, this one requires about the same amount of attention as the others. The idrive mechanism that controls the radio/nav etc is cumbersome to use but once you have it figured out, it's ok. This car is rock solid and fast. Backseat passengers have a tremendous amount of leg room. This car is awesome and looks an drives as good as when it was brand new."
Pros: "Luxury galore, very safe, comfort, nice power, MPG"
Cons: "BAD in snow, sunroof is loud"
Likely to recommend this car? (1-10): 10
"This car is remarkable. The comfort is great. I'm 6' 3" and this car is amazing.
I have had 4 - 5 series and an X5 and this by far is the best....unless you are talking about snow- NOT GOOD!
I figured because of the perfect weight balance this would be good but it is terrible!
It would be the only reason I go back to a 5 series. Even without the Xi badge the 535 was amazing in the snow.
The only other small complaint i can even think of is the sunroof. It is very loud with the slide pulled back. I just don't understand that on a 90K car."
"I LOVE MY BMW 745I. I have had my car for two years now. No major problems. The IDrive is easy enough to use such as the navi, handling is great and very confortable. Pros: My favorite feature of this car is the Convenient Package which includes the soft close doors and heated seats! Parking sensors, the two tone interior (tan leather with black flooring), alarm, navigation, voice command to work the radio / CD.
Cons: Had to take it in to fix a minor problem (the heater/air button won't turn off the heat /air when I want it off) and still not totally fixed... just learned to live with it by turning it down.
Recommend: GET the Extended Warrenty and Maintenance Package... Well worth it!"
"We purchased the 750-Li one month ago (June '09). And have already clocked 4,000 miles, so we have had time to assess the overall vehicle. This is the first BMW we've owned.
Issue - The only issue we have had is with the parking brake - not resolved yet. Everything else is working fine.
Every day is a a new discovery. As we "scale" to experience this machine, we discover new features, performance aspects and control options. Very nice.
- Acceleration is delayed (turbo delay) however extremely powerful and forthright, able to merge on a dime. Smooth and "limitless".
- Comfort is unmatched. Drove to/from Philly-Maine - 10 hrs each way in total comfort. Seat air cooling system very much worth investment. Lumbar range is very good.
- Rear Seat - The Li has additional 6" in rear seat leg room. My Dad and I rode in rear for extended time - truly felt and rode like Qantas first class LAX-MEL. (Very comfortable) Mobile foot rest is a nice plus.
- Customer Service - The local dealership is truly outstanding in customer service. Minor Parking brake issue reported and they pulled all the stops in response.
- iDrive - lots on the wires about pluses and minuses, however this is my first experience and I find it very user-friendly. The direct one-touch "Tel", "Nav", etc is intuitive and highly useful. iPod / Bluetooth seconds to engage.
- Handling - Driving the back roads of PA in our 750Li truly feels like a sports car. The various modes (Comfort, Normal, Sports and Sports+) all serve unique experiences. Sports+ is a true driving experience. Comfort setting is a must for I-95.
- Engineering - I am an engineer. This vehicle is engineered to "comply" with the drivers requirements. Focus on the road and still view / access all required controls / displays and options. Highly intuitive.
Summary - BMW has truly out done themselves in producing the 750Li. Thank you Munich!!"