• 2014 Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

2000 BMW 7 Series

Based on 317 Ratings for the 1995 - 2001 models.

NICE NICE BIMMER

By on Thursday, July 03, 2014

Pros: "NICE DRIVE NICE LOOK LUXURY FOR LESS"

Cons: "A LITTLE THIRSTY BUT ITS AN HIGH PROFORMANCE CAR"

"THIS IS A VERY BEAUTIFUL CAR IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR ONE THIS IS IT."

Great car for the $$$

By on Friday, June 20, 2014

Pros: "Comfy, quiet, roomy, and very affordable to buy."

Cons: "Can be expensive to own/repair, get one w/records."

"I've had my 2001 740iL for about a year and a half now. It was a two owner 71k mile garage queen when I bought it. I've put 37k on it since. Comfy for all day driving, plenty of power yet remarkably fuel efficient for it's size and mass. I average about 21.5 mpg in my daily commuting and have seen tanks average 24.5 on road trips. These cars are a joy to own and drive, but not for the faint of heart. If you do your own maintenance and repairs, you'll be alright. My rule for older German cars is to budget $2500/yr to keep it on the road."

Great car!!!

By on Saturday, May 17, 2014

Pros: "Leg room,comfort, handling, acceleration, cold a/c"

Cons: "Cup holders, data display LCD cable,"

"I have owned this car (740IL)for about 2 years. I fix it my self. Buy OEM parts on line. That way the cost of repairs are not too bad. It's not a short trip car. Short trips will make the alternator fail. It's a water cooled alternator, and over $400 for an OEM Bosh replacement, a lot more from the dealer. Some plastic parts are breaking, some electronic bugs, the data display LED cable fails and the cup holders are useless. I'm tall, 6 ft 6 in, and this car has great leg room, front and back seats. It's very comfortable. It accelerates quickly and handles great, fun to drive. It's an easy car to work on. Quick connect fittings on the coolant hoses. Remote R134A fittings on the AC system that are easy to get to. Paper cartridge oil filter on the top side of the engine that’s easy to get to, and doesn't make a mess. The exhaust pipes are balanced at the "X" pipe, easy to remove. BMW thought about the person servicing the car when designing it. The only thing I don't like is jacking up the rear end, the jack points are where you need to put your jack stands. The side skirt covers the jacking holes used on earlier cars, made for a lift. The front has a jacking point in the center of the front sub frame. Also, you need to set up a computer to use for interfacing with the car. Overall, a great car that I plan on using for many years. If you fix it your self, the maintenance costs are manageable."

THE CLEANEST 7401L IN VEGAS

By on Monday, May 12, 2014

Pros: "6500 ON NEW FRONT END COMPONITS AND WHEELS TIRES"

"6500 BUCKS SPENT ON ALL NEW FRONT END COMPONITS YOU MUST SEE AND DRIVE"

Great car when new, then a drain

By on Wednesday, May 07, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive, smooth, great acceleration"

Cons: "electronic glitches over time become very costly"

"I bought my 95 740IL back in 96 as used. Great car. So smooth. Over the years it has worn down just like any car but the difference is that this car is very expensive to repair once out of warranty. Just a few small repairs items and you're over $1000 in one shot. But even with all those little electronic glitches the car is still very comfortable. And I like the fact that it is a large, heavy car that will hopefully protect me and my passenger/s if, God forbid, I'm ever in a serious accident. A new one would be great but out of financial reach for the time being."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching BMW 7 Series near Honolulu. See local deals