1995 BMW 7 Series

Based on 328 Ratings for the 1995 - 2001 models.

Buy this car if you have money to waste

By on Saturday, February 14, 2009

"I bought this car in 2007 with 68K miles on it and have put 17K more on it since. The car looks and runs great, It has a nice Steel blue color and sport package and nice interior. This is the most expensive used car I've bought and continues to be expensive to maintain. I've owned 20 year old American cars with 150K miles that broke less than this car. I've had to replace the squeeky brakes which weren't worn out yet, 2 window regulators ($400 each), grill inserts and front suspension bushings ($800). The windshield washers and GPS quit working, Windshield and other seals cracked, etc, etc. That's why I'm on this website; I'm selling it."

The Magnificent 7 Bondmobile

By on Thursday, September 03, 2009

"I have read about half the reviews here, the individual comments, most of them very flattering, and as I read each one of them they reminded me of my own mostly excellent experiences. I bought my Magnificent 7 Bondmobile (an identically styled and Arctic Silver colored 7 starred in "Tomorrow Never Dies", except it had the V12, I believe) 1998 740iL in Oct 2005, at the peak of the gas prices. Its owner drive it 120 miles a day but needed the large trunk of a Yukon and was selling it. He would give it to me for only $9k as is, or $10.5 k fully fixed and detailed, and I chose the latter. I took a risk, did not even take it to a mechanic, test drove it twice first, though. But I thought, even if it proves a total lemon, what did I lose? $10.5k is not even half the first year depreciation of a new 7, and mine looked better than the Bangle-butt next gen back in 2005. I bought it with 113k miles and now it has 127.5 and still drives like new. It is a Decathlete Renaissance car, not only good on the highway, where its weight, size and Loooong Wheelbase brilliantly contribute to a fantastic enjoyment, but also, amazingly, in narrow one-lane country roads and in the city as well! This is a no-compromise car, more than enough power, excellent handling, good highway MPG (22-25 at high speeds too!) excellent interior, luxurious wood and leather, tasteful design. This is not a Buick! It is a DRIVER's car. Reliability has not been as bad as Consumer Reports would lead you to believe. I change the oils every year with expensive synthetic. I had one or two repairs in 4 years that were serious, but not Engine or Transmission, I also replaced the (original!) battery. On the downside, the car hates very cold weather, I garage it in the winter but my work has no close garage and more than twice last winter its new battery needed a jump. Also don't expect more than 15-17 city MPG, and on short cold trips it can go below 12. I have not owned an S class but I see many owners here who have, say the 7 is far superior in driving experience. I gave it 5 stars everywhere, except in Quality (it is unacceptable that some interior trim can fall off, like door clips etc) and reliability (because of an oil leak and a belt break which required a new radiator and hoses and belts, and left me stranded until a friend picked me up)"

Fun to drive, but expensive to own and maintain.

By on Saturday, January 04, 2014

Pros: ""Cool to own", Fast, Drives like a dream, Quiet."

Cons: "Expensive to own and maintain."

"This car has been a double edged sword. It's cool to "have" and fun to drive. However, it has been the most expensive car to own and maintain that I have ever had - and I have owned 44 cars. Now, at 14-years old, it is unreliable. I have spent over $1000 trying to find an intermittent electrical leak that causes it to drain the battery overnight. Sometimes it's fine for months. Then all of a sudden it's dead in the morning. this makes it practically useless as a daily driver. Conclusion: I loved it, but now I hate it - and it will be worth almost nothing if I try to sell it with the electrical problem. Good Will, here it comes..."

EXCELLANT AUTOMOBILE - COMFORTABLE, NICE TO DRIVE

By on Saturday, January 26, 2013

Pros: "Top quality"

Cons: "Maintanence costs; gas mileage around town"

"This vehicle has been in the family all 129,500 miles. Serviced properly. Maintenance is expensive; mileage around town very poor; some rubber / plastic deterioration. Otherwise, everything is good. Fifteen years old and like new in many ways. Has the prospects of being a good auto for another fvie years. The BMW dealer says, quietly, that the new cars can not match this car in quality and performance."

BMW for ever

By on Thursday, April 10, 2008

"my mother handed her 1996 BMW 750iL down to me when i got my license in 2001 with nearly 150,000 miles on it. i have driven it since then with no disapointments i am finishing my residency in aboout six months, now with 278,938 miles i am handing it down to my brother and expect him to drive it for the rest of high school maybe even longer. the performance of BMW's in general is amazing i have never found another car that would out perform my v12. The paint has no blemishes due to the great quality of paint that BMW uses. (If you purchase a new BMW the paint upgrades are expensive but i can attest that it is worth every dime, my car is a 1996 and has the original paint. Please take into consideration that it was and is garaged but i am confident that even if it hadnt been garaged it still would shine. the only think that has been an issue with this car is the water pump and the interior moldings that i have numerous times had to have the dealer reattach pieces like the door handle. yea you laugh but try climbing over a full console to get out the passengers side clutching a detatched door handle. other than those two things i have no problems with the car. my wife has a 2002 BMW convt and we have had no trouble with it either i will never own another vehicle outside the BMW family. I have close friends that have bought mercedes, jaguar,lexus, porche, landrover,and audi products new and have had numerous problems not only mechanically but cosmetically ranging from poor paint quality all the way to engine and trans failure. the mercedes purchased new in 2004 had its onboard computer go out, the 2004 jaguar x-type had a list of problems that cant even remember it died on the fourth of july, the eighth of august seventeenth of september and died in my parens driveway on christmas eve. remember that all a lexus is is a significantly more expensive toyota and shares the poor paint quality. audi have fun replaicing the struts every 10,000 miles, and landrover 2002 due to the top heavy nature my wife flipped hers driving around a bend at 30mph along with other mechanical problems this was by far the worst car that either of us had ever driven. Buy a BMW they have never given me or anyone that i know any trouble at all. Mini coopers are amazing as well. If you are financially unable to afford a BMW check out the MINI line of cars recently added was the clubman. these really arent suited for people with families but colleg students and singles would love it."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching BMW 7 Series near Honolulu. See local deals