2006 BMW 6 Series

9.3

Based on 136 Ratings for the 2004 - 2010 models.

Car Rocks!!!

By on Thursday, March 29, 2012

Pros: "Everything you need"

"I've always had luxury cars. But this one is worth every penny. The traction on the road is outstanding, the car has control over the road instead of the road controlling it. Anytime I go out of town for work and have to get into a rental I feel like I'm driving a plastic trashcan with wheels When I was in college I drove this car for 4 years put over 70k miles with not one oil change and no problems."

An incredible car; great fun to drive.

By on Friday, February 28, 2014

Cons: "The initial price was high even for this car."

"The 645 is an incredible car. It is quite large but drives like a much smaller sports car. The ride is superb. It is the only car my wife can ride in the back of; especially when it comes to twisty roads. The anti roll stabilization is superb. Not the fastest car but adequate power for all normal situations, and its wonderful with the top down!"

Simply beautiful...to drive and to look at it.

By on Thursday, September 01, 2011

Pros: "Ride and acceleration (with the Sport Pack), comfort, appearance, and resale value"

Cons: "Maintenance can be expensive after the warranty expires."

"I drive my "Six" convertible almost daily, and it is my ride of choice for long trips. A very comfortable and good looking car, the 650i has a relatively short turning radius, corners and handles well, and gives good feedback on the road surface, without sacrificing ride quality. I would strongly recommend anyone considering any similar car in this class take a ride in a 650i equipped with the Sport Package. With a strong and wide torque range the G-force you will experience accelerating from a stop is awesome (e.g., merging on to a freeway after a red light)."

Great Performance

By on Thursday, July 29, 2010

"Ive purchased the car with 35k miles for about $45,000. Over the last year and a half, I have put 25k miles on the car and I fell in love with it. I drive the car very hard after letting it warm up. I exceed speeds of 100-120mph on freeways at times and it feels like I'm just cruising at 80 mph. The performance is remarkable, especially for the price. The only downfall is that the interior styling is not as luxurious as a Benz and the repairs can be quite expensive. Since I have owned the car, I have spent a few thousand for misc things, I highly recommend purchasing with a 100k CPO warranty so you can truly push the "ultimate driving machine"!"

Must buy

By on Saturday, January 26, 2013

Pros: "styling and handling"

Cons: "maintenace"

"Loved the car since its introduction 2004 . Bought mine from my dealership 2004 black on black coupe 79k miles sports package loaded clean car fax . Owned a mercedes 2002 Cl 500 over all cant compare to the BMW 645. The Benz interior was flashy but the BMW is Overall Sexy....."

Fun, Powerful, SHOWSTOPPER

By on Sunday, March 15, 2009

"My 645cic is more enjoyable than any car I have ever owned or driven, hands down! Having previously owned numerous vehicles & sport cars. including three 5-series and two 3-series bimmers, this "sixer" convertible is in an advanced league of its own. The torque surge, especially in sport mode, provides quite a thrill, and the exhaust "note" punctuates just how well BMW has engineered the entire drive train. In town, from 0 to 40 turns heads, while on the highway, 70 to 90 brings a big smile to my face! Steering is so responsive and the suspension is so tight, it feels like I am driving on rails, whether going straight or on sharp curves. Braking is impeccable. Comfort is impressive, and road noise is minimal with the top closed. My black 645cic is a SHOWSTOPPER whether the top is open or closed. Almost daily, someone asks about or comments on my black sixer, and it continuously gets many looks and "thumbs up", perhaps aided by the fact that not many of them are around ... and because it is so beautiful. I love this car so much that it just may be a "keeper"!!"

Best car I've ever owned.

By on Tuesday, January 03, 2012

"Their are no negatives about this car. It is just a fine driving machine and their are no better looking automobiles than this BMW 6 series! -Handling is fantastic. It tracks like a slot car -it is very fast -always a head turner -Very reliable -never any major repair problems in six years owned, and the few minor glitches were fully covered by my extened warranty."

Best in class

By on Monday, April 07, 2008

"This automobile is the best I've ever owned and driven. Picked it up in Germany and had the pleasure of driving it at speed (over 130 mph) for two weeks on the autobahn. More stable and more responsive at higher (over 100 mph) speeds, it begs to be driven fast! Truly seats only two comfortably, but those two are bathed in luxury. Epitomizes the term "Grand Touring Machine". Ultra reliable, absolutely no mechanical issues in three years. Highly recommended."

THE VEHICLE HAS BEEN FLAWLESS

By on Friday, February 10, 2012

Pros: "GORGEOUS CAR, FUN NTO DRIVE"

Cons: "NONE"

"BY FAR AND AWAY THE BEST VEHICLE I HAVE EVER OWNED AND I'VE OWNED SEVERAL EXPENSIVE CARS BEFORE THIS ONE. ABSOLUTELY LOVE TO DRIVE IT. I WOULD BUY A 2012 MODEL BUT I LIKE THIS ONE TOO MUCH TO TRADE IT IN!"

Pure Pleasure

By on Monday, January 23, 2012

Pros: "Excellent design, fun to drive, comfort"

Cons: "Initial cost and definitely maintenance costs."

"I've had this car for 4 years--bought it CPO. The car is absolutely phenomenal. It's a blast to drive, with responsive steering, excellent acceleration, and timeless design. The handling makes me smile every time I drive the car, and the ride? Perfect -- even for someone with back problems. Dependability has been just fine with the minor exception of one sensor that's gone bad. Otherwise? The car has been one of the most dependable we've owned. Very happy with it and would recommend it to anyone looking."

Top Notch

By on Monday, November 14, 2011

Pros: "Great Car"

Cons: "Service"

"This car is a must have"

Million Dollar Car

By on Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Pros: "Great handling, great interior space and style"

Cons: "Mileage is decent. Unique appeal, very comfortable"

"This is one sexy beast. Roll up in this and you will always feel good. Definitely a solid 9 out 10 for appeal, speed, aerodynamics, comfort, reliability and the 650i get's decent mileage."

Very NICE car !

By on Wednesday, October 05, 2011

Pros: "powerful, fun to drive"

Cons: "expensive to maintain"

"Purchased my 07 650I convertible in October 2010 with 29975 miles (black over white ). As of this writing ( October 2011 ) I have put 3100 miles on the car (1100 which was for vacation ). The car is great ! Very powerful, smooth and good on gas for such a large vehicle. The Logic 7 Sound System is a must ! Expensive to maintain but when you put as few miles as I do on the car, its really not that bad."

If only others knew....

By on Monday, May 09, 2011

"What can I say that others haven't already said. It is a thrill to drive and one of the sexiest cars on the road. I love that it stands out, they are few and far between on the road. Great power and comfort, handles and stops on a dime like all BMW's. I never get tired of driving it, hard not to speed. Even the fuel economy is fantastic for a car of this size and HP. No disappointments, best car I have ever owned."

Convertible

By on Saturday, January 01, 2011

"I bought this car off of Ebay with only 19k miles on it $36 2 years ago and have put 10K miles on it since then.. I absolutely Love this car!! When you get in it, you become a different person. The only problem I have had with this vehicle is the Convertible top not locking when it is real hot outside. It is a sensor problem. I purchased an extended warranty on it and have never used it. This car turns heads, it is truly a beautiful car with the roar under the hood. Kimn"

Impressed

By on Sunday, November 14, 2010

"First BMW for me. Throughly impressed with it. Rides SOLID. Nice power throughout and I can't be more satisfied. If you want to use the backseat... hope you have no legs. Back seat is small, wouldn't recommend this car for a family. Other than that... amazing car!"

Love This Car

By on Monday, June 28, 2010

"This car has everything an enthusiast can ask for. The Park Assist is an excellent option since the nose of the car is long and difficult to see when parking. iDrive is a bit hard to use in the beginning, but mastery brings a whole new bevvy of gadgets and gizmos that make operating the car even more fun. Horsepower is more than sufficient, driving is freaking smooth as glass, and passing is sheer joy. Ask the car to respond and it does so with a throaty growl. Trunk space makes this a fun daily driver as well as a dream for road trips. Reliability has been outstanding so far. My only complaint is that this thing eats front tires like a toddler with Cheerios. So be ready to retread the beauty more regularly than the average sports car. But if that's the worst it throws at me, I'm golden. See you in s-curves...."

AWESOME!

By on Thursday, March 26, 2009

"This is by far the most fun car I have ever owned. It is beautiful and I agree it turns heads. I have people slow down on the highway to give me a thumbs up. Performance is AWESOME and I actually look foward to my commute in the morning. I have had a few Mercedes, an Audi and a 7 series BMW. None can compare to how much I love this car. I also have a harley and I dont know which one is more fun. Buy CPO...great deals and great value! enjoy."

What would Darth Vader drive

By on Tuesday, January 06, 2009

"Owned this from new and mine is black on black. Put PIAA Raza wheels on and it looks awesome. I can afford anything but am going to wait for the new 2010 6 series. The best value for money and having taken the BMW factory Spartenburg driving program know that this car can perform very well under extreme conditions. Drove the MB SL 500 and SL 55 which were both too heavy and did not feel as safe as the 6. My kids who are both excellent Mini Cooper S drivers love this car. It has a way of making you smile after a couple of miles. As far as I am concerned there is just nothing like it for the price."

Smookin

By on Tuesday, November 13, 2007

"Just traded in a 04 525I for this beauty because one pulled up beside me enroute to work. Just the site of the car had me at a dealership the next week. Purchased a 2005 645ci coupe and this car is absolutely a beast. Very fast, sleek and handles like no car I have ever driven. "The car sounds like a beast!"

Pure bliss!

By on Sunday, August 26, 2007

"I'm in love with my car! Had other BMWs before...this one is superb!!! The handling and response are impeccable, works great as a de-stresser also, it's sooo much fun to drive! Had an issue with the i-drive (it froze) when I first bought it, but the dealer fixed it and it has been fine since. Would not drive anything else...my husband has an X5, and even though it's another great BMW, he likes to drive mine every time we go out together. This machine is a dream!"

An absolute JOY to drive

By on Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Pros: "Great driving car!"

Cons: "It likes to be the only car in the garage.... :-)"

"I have owned this car for several years after having owned several 3 series and a 7 series. This car is truly a joy to drive. The handling and road gripping ability of the suspension and traction control systems is unbelievable. It's a great touring car and also comfortable for the daily commute. At highway speeds, the fuel economy climbs to almost 30 mpg, despite having enough power to get you around traffic with ease."

Comfortable for a sports car.

By on Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Pros: "sleek design, comfort, sporty"

Cons: "no automatic seatbelt, doors don't suck in"

"I recently purchased my 650i CV after owning a Mercedes CLK 320 Cabriolet. There is no comparison as the BMW outdoes the CLK in every aspect. I bought the same color scheme, silver w/black top. Received nothing but compliments. My husband wanted to test it's speed so we went on a back straight road and he stepped on it...needless to say, I had a headache for the rest of the day. There's a reason I don't ride roller coasters! I have the sports"

Great car to drive.

By on Friday, September 30, 2011

Pros: "Great car to drive"

Cons: "I wish iDrive could be updated"

"I have owned this car for 2 years as a third car so I haven't put too many miles on it. When I do drive it I wish that I had more of an opportunity to use it. I like that you hardly see coupes and I think it's an attractive car. The sport package gives the car a great set of wheels. Most of my driving is city and I've been getting 15 mpg. That's pretty good for such a powerful car. It's extremely quite. Once you get used to iDrive it's actually very easy to use and positive attribute."

By on Monday, September 26, 2011

"I own this car and it is by far the best BMW that I have ever owned. Only negative is the run flat tires make it ride hard and you feel every bump - BUT it hugs the road and around curves"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching BMW 6 Series near Honolulu. See local deals