2014 BMW 5 Series Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $52,576 - $55,063.

10/8.4

8.3

Based on 77 Ratings for the 2011 - 2014 models.

Previous | 1 ... 13 14 15 16 | Next

Best 5 series Ever Built

By on Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Pros: "Gorgeous car to drive, sounds like a silent cat"

Cons: "Run flats too expensive, mini 7"

"I pre-ordered my bmw 528 back in Aug of 2010.. I watched it get built on the site and when i finally got it..I was amazed with the the difference of the previous generation with this one. From the way it felt sitting on, maneuvering, and safety. Safety was a 5 star, felt like i was wrapped with cushions in every corner. The tires are run flats( expensive to replace) but def worth it."

Fast, smooth, effortless

By on Saturday, October 08, 2011

Pros: "Excellent balance of handling, power, luxury"

Cons: "There's a LOT to learn on this car!"

"This is my seventh BMW. My last one was a 2008 M3 sedan, which makes for an interesting comparison. Where there M3 was brutal, the 550i is smooth and subtle. Example: the exhaust note on the M3 was a raucous burble, the 550i is almost noiseless. In the M3, though, there's a distinct lack of low-end torque, which is where the 550i shines. Under 4k RPMs, the M3 is downright sluggish. Over 6k RPMs (redline is 8400), it's a rocket, but how often can you get to that range in US driving? Accelerating briskly into traffic with the 550i is effortless with a huge surge of smooth torque, where on the M3 there was a distinct wait for the engine to rev, which then brought a dramatic increase in power. As I'm gaining experience and confidence in the 550i, I'm finding that its capabilities (such as negotiating exit ramps enthusiastically) are close to -- if not as good as -- the M3. The big difference? The 550i is about 600 pounds heavier and physically larger, so the handling isn't quite as crisp. Even with the Driving Dynamic Control set to Sport . Then again, is it fair to compare a Three to a Five, and an ///M car to a standard BMW? As far as amenities and features, the 550i is stunning. My car has just about every option except the rear entertainment, night vision, and automatic transmission. The interior is a marvelous place to be. I did a European delivery, put 1,300 miles on the car in five days, and the car was a delight at triple-digit speeds for hours on the autobahns."

Pure pleasure

By on Friday, October 07, 2011

Pros: "gets women"

Cons: "Gets too many women at times...."

"I could have chosen the 535 but since this car gives me the power I need when I need it, then it is all about the comfort. I have driven the mercedes, audi, jaguar, equivalents and have friends who own these cars. Each of them agree that my navigation is better, the use of accessories are better and the package options still saved me about 5K when I designed it myself. Simply put, this car turns heads even among the cadillac drivers. It has the Man flair women seem to enjoy."

2011 535xi

By on Saturday, October 01, 2011

Pros: "Styling, finish."

Cons: "Read above. And tech is not great, iDrive clumsy. Esp scrolling music from an iPod."

"Hugely disappointing. I'll cut to the chase. There is tremendous lag or delay, when accelerating from a complete stop. The car delays for about .75 of a second before lurching forward. Are you kidding me? Apparently, other 535 owners are reporting the same, and when I took the car back to my local dealership, service confirmed the problem and said the same was found in other cars they tested. Why would BMW allow these cars to be sold? The car is beautiful, fit and finish better then Audi A6, but engine unacceptable. Stay away from this car."

classy beast

By on Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Pros: "beast of an engine(550i), classy yet sporty."

Cons: "a little less on rear legroom"

"i got this car on 21st august 2012. its 550i. its sooo smooth and slick fast. there is absolutely no turbo lag. grunt available at all the speeds and all the time. its flawless except its a little short on rear legroom but thats a minor issue. luv it"

Previous | 1 ... 13 14 15 16 | Next