• 2014 Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

2014 BMW 5 Series Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $44,489 - $46,854.

10/8.4

8.2

Based on 84 Ratings for the 2011 - 2014 models.

Gotta love that German engineering!

By on Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Pros: "Great handling, quiet cabin, free maintenance"

Cons: "voice ativation issues"

"As a previous MB and LS460 owner just to name a few. The 5 series is clearly the best thats offered today in terms of performance, quality and style. Great gas mileage BTW which is great nowadays! Check it out!"

Very disappointed

By on Sunday, January 15, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, beautiful car, handles brilliantly"

Cons: "Rims/Tires are too fragile"

"I leased my 535xi (M Sport Package, Premium 1"

A fun car to drive BUT it still has issues.

By on Friday, January 13, 2012

Pros: "fuel, steering, features/options, SPEED.."

Cons: "to many features lol, run flat tires somewhat."

"Overall I have been pleased with my purchase and since I traded in a Lexus for this car I was looking for something sporty, faster and enjoyable on the road and this car delivers.. I have gotten SO many compliments on the color (black carbon metallic) with the phat sports wheels- it is truley a sharp car. I went all the way and got the M-series like they say go big or stay home!! I must admit my fuel pump failed on this car after owning it for 2-3 months that with 2 replacement tires due to nails I have not made up my mind on these run flat tires yet.. the car has been awesome to own.. thankfully everything has been covered just the normal inconvenience with having to drop off for repairs has been my only complaint with this car. BTW Lexus has BMW beat on service at their dealership."

Love the space, looks, driving

By on Saturday, January 07, 2012

"Wasn't planning to trade in my older 325i, 2003 year, but once we drove this one, it was very clear... My wife and I were having an extremely difficult time acting like we didn't want the car to properly negotiate the best price. I love the leg and head room, very similar to the X6. Also liked that this model is unique and just looks nice. We enjoy the heated seats and the lighting effects."

2012 535i xDrive, Sport Pkg, Cold Weather, Premium

By on Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Pros: "awesome quality, great performance, stylish"

Cons: "run-flat tires, softer steering compared to older"

"I've traded my old '03 530i for this car. I must admit I loathed the Chris Bangle's design of the 2004-2010 models and was excited when the sporty and stylish new 5 series were introduced in 2011. The new car is absolutely awesome in every respect, a genuine pleasure to drive, handles beautifully - although the steering is, indeed, just a bit "softer" than what you are used to if you have owned and enjoyed the earlier models - but not too soft or wobbly. The 535 is loaded with tasteful luxury, and sports elegance in every way. It is very quiet and comfortable. The seats are snug, slick, and very comfy. All driving modes are very smooth. The Eco mode is great for slow traffic. The Comfort and Comfort modes provide a good combination of spirited and comfortable driving. The car turns into a beast in the Sports mode: you really have to watch your speed, otherwise, in a few seconds, you will be going over 100 mph without knowing it. One complaint: the mandatory run-flat original tires the car comes with. The OE run-flats are too low-profile to use on the original [expensive] 19" rims (Sports Pkg) in the winter here in Boston. Too much risk of damaging the rims. So, the first thing I did was buy a set of cheap (but beautiful) 17" rims(17X8 Rial Salerno Silver) with regular winter tires (225/55R-16 Dunlop SP Winter Sort 3D) mounted on them, and I am planning to buy a set of high-performance [regular, low-profile] summer tires that I will put on the original rims for the summer. Note that the new 5-series comes without a spare, so if you dump your run-flats - and chances are you'd want to, you'd need a portable Tire Mobility Kit (BMW sells them, or you can buy a similar cheaper one elsewhere.)"