2014 BMW 5 Series Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $47,363 - $49,178.

10/8.4

8.3

Based on 70 Ratings for the 2011 - 2014 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25
Previous | 1 ... 12 13 14 | Next

By on Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Great luxury sedan!

By on Saturday, April 16, 2011

"Great car, very comfortable and full of amenities like Bluetooth, iPod, nav and satellite radio. Very good performance and ride. I feel I made an excellent choice in my new car!"

Love my new 2010 550iGT!

By on Sunday, March 20, 2011

"My husband just bought me a 2010 BMW 550i GT, a dealer demo model with 8k miles. I had seen one on the road and fell in love with it a few months ago. I love the concept of a bigger 550i and I love a big backseat and huge trunk with fold down seats, it delivers. Some may say this is a female car but when you drive it you will know it is a sport car. Small steering wheel with 400HP, both of which add fun and youth to this car. We traded in a Chrysler 300c Hemi for this car, which I loved except it was in the shop every 3 months-can't do it. My husband has a BMW 750Li and an 18 your old Acura Legend (best car for low cost reliability and longevity). The 550i GT made the 2011 550i (no GT) look like an old ladies car. I sat in both cars and the 550i was dummied down with Honda style leather/clothe seats and my short legs hit the front seat when I sat in the tiny backseat. After seeing the 550i I was not sure why the car existed, except for how beautiful it looks from the outside-stunning. When you get it in it you will be disappointed unless you pay the 25k extra to upgrade everything, which it needs. The GT version did not disappoint. The white silk leather was better than our 750Li and the back seats recline to a almost 750 feel. I love the huge trunk. What I do not like about the GT is it does not have the auto door closure like the 750 and the trunk has to be manually closed. And one more thing, this model did not have the back seat window shades and the non-framed windows remind me of a PACER from the 1970's. I guess I am spoiled by our 750 but wanted to share with you a women's opinion. My husband thought this GT looked like a chic car until he drove it. It has more horsepower than his 750 and turns like a Porsche. I purchased the extended warranty/maintenance since BMW's have very expensive repairs (so did my Chrysler of which every major electrical system failed during the time we owned it). I could not fairly comment on the reliability of the GT since I have not had it very long. I will let my husband drive the GT if needed but this is MY car. My other option for a new car was a 2010 Lexus LS 460. I love the car but the price made me shy and found little supply in San Diego that was not overpriced by 10k per KBB."

Totally satisfied.

By on Wednesday, March 09, 2011

"Bought the new 2011 528i last week. AWESOME!!! Perfect balance of luxury and performance. I must say the overall driving feels is a bit different than the older models. (I did like the old feel though). The regular (D) mode gives a very smooth acceleration (might feel a bit clumsy to some people) but the sport mode is all fun, not to mention the Triptronic adds more fun to it ;) Overall a very very good drive. I agree there is a considerable power diff as compared to the 535, but have been hearing a lot of complaints about 535 turbo, so bought this instead. Unless you are a RED-LINE driver, you would be pretty satisfied with this one."

535I

By on Wednesday, January 19, 2011

"I have owned the car for a little over 3 years and had continous problems with the fuel injectors/ turbo chargers. Now the transmission is leaking! Local BMW could care less. I wouldnt recommend the 535I Next car wont be a BMW!"

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25