• 10 Best Hybrid Cars Under $30,000

2013 BMW 5 Series Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $51,892 - $54,927.

10/8.5

8.3

Based on 70 Ratings for the 2011 - 2014 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

A good balance between performance and comfort

By on Friday, April 12, 2013

Pros: "performance, comfort, interior/exterior design"

Cons: "none so far at 7,000 miles"

"I was looking to complement my Boxster with a sedan that offered comfort and performance. After test driving the 2013 528i model, I decided I don't need to look any further. Acceleration-wise, its about the same or perhaps even faster than my Boxster; the BMW engineers have performed a minor miracle with this 2.0 twin-turbo engine linked to a 8-speed trans. And the 528i is extremely comfortable (added the optional lux seats and some other convenience options) and way more fuel efficient (29mpg combined city/highway so far with 7,000 miles) Granted, the Boxster engine sound is pure joy to hear vs the diesel-like sound coming from the 2.0 engine. But the sound-proofing keeps all engine and other noises out. As for handling and cornering, the Boxster of course is in a different class, but the 528i handling is not bad for a 5-seater sedan . My other favorite aspect is the interior: elegant, functional and well finished. Overall, a great car experience."

Awesome Car!

By on Thursday, February 16, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, interior is gorgeous, great design"

Cons: "Steering slightly electronic, no side bolster adj"

"I have had this vehicle since 10/11 and there is nothing I do not like about this car. It looks great. I will go out to the garage to grab something and just stand and stare at it. The ride is awesome especially on long trips. You will not be fatigued but you will easily want to speed so use the cruise control! I just got my first speeding ticket! LOL The interior design is amazing...especially at night...the amber colored ribbon along the doors, etc looks stunning. I dinged the car for Driving Dynamics just a bit because the steering feels a little more electronically controlled than the previous version but it is in no way a reason not to get the car. It is so fun to drive. Make sure you get Navigation and BMW Apps so you can connect your iPhone to the car. The gas station search and Yelp! applications are very cool too but you have to get the Convenience Plan for $200 a year. You will not be disappointed by this car. I have had many people come up to me and ask about the car and told them to buy it. I love it!"

A fun car to drive BUT it still has issues.

By on Friday, January 13, 2012

Pros: "fuel, steering, features/options, SPEED.."

Cons: "to many features lol, run flat tires somewhat."

"Overall I have been pleased with my purchase and since I traded in a Lexus for this car I was looking for something sporty, faster and enjoyable on the road and this car delivers.. I have gotten SO many compliments on the color (black carbon metallic) with the phat sports wheels- it is truley a sharp car. I went all the way and got the M-series like they say go big or stay home!! I must admit my fuel pump failed on this car after owning it for 2-3 months that with 2 replacement tires due to nails I have not made up my mind on these run flat tires yet.. the car has been awesome to own.. thankfully everything has been covered just the normal inconvenience with having to drop off for repairs has been my only complaint with this car. BTW Lexus has BMW beat on service at their dealership."

Incredible Car!

By on Thursday, October 03, 2013

I don't own this car

Pros: "Great economy. Fun to drive"

"We drove this BMW 525 X Drive Diesel rental for two weeks around Europe including Germany, Austria, Italy. The 5 Series X Drive Diesel was flawless. Fuel runs around $8 per gallon in Europe so having a diesel was great. I thought we would have to trade performance for economy. Not at all! We drove Germany Autobahn speeds and winding mountain roads without any hesitation. Quiet with plenty of power and fun to drive. The navigation system is intuitive. The parking sensors really helped out in those tight Italian parking spots. Awesome Car! Why don't we have more diesel cars in the US?"

refined luxurious interior

By on Thursday, February 09, 2012

Pros: "luxury, comfort, power, BMW maintenance program"

Cons: "high entry price and depreciation, rear styling"

"Equipped for 4 with the optional comfort seats front and rear e.g. ventilated heated, cooled adjustable leather seating which includes rear seat power reclining, there is no bad seat in this vehicle. All 4 positions set the occupant up for a first class commuting experience. The aesthetics of the rear quarter/end styling is debatable, however the driving experience for a large luxury sedan is sublime. I have and love a 2008 BMW M3 convertible which is great sporting fun and comfort for two full sized adults. I have a need to carry up to 4 adults in comfort for frequent extended trips and the GT is perfect for that role and the most comfortable vehicle by far that I have owned or ridden in. The latest generation I-drive controller is much more user friendly and the 10 inch navigation screen is awesome. The underpinnings are actually the 7 series chassis with the '5 series GT' body. The two way opening rear hatch/truck access is flexible and convenient and the silky smooth 8 speed transmission coupled with the 400hp V8 is moves the car with authority. Options: sport package, cold weather package, DVD entertainment system, Head up display, lane deviation warning, blind spot detection, auto high beam, luxury front and rear seating."

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25