2012 BMW 5 Series

8.3

Based on 111 Ratings for the 2011 - 2016 models.

2011 Bmw 550xi

By on Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Pros: "Performance Handling Luxury Comfort Styling"

Cons: "Run-Flat Tires"

"Bought this car cpo it was 2 years old with only 18k miles. All i have to say is this car is amazing.I am amazed by the way to car performs and handles its does not feel like a 5thousand lb vehicle. There's nothing quicker off the line then this vehicle with the x-drive. Car is so much fun to drive in sport mode with the m adaptive suspension. I recommend anybody that buys this car to spring for the upgraded suspension its worth every penny. The vehicle hugs the road with no body roll at all. The technology in this car is superb nothing is better IMHO. The only complaint is the run-flat tires they give the vehicle a very harsh ride and a lot of road noise. But once you swap them out for non run-flats the ride is a million times better.This vehicle truly is the Ultimate Driving Machine. Nothing compares to the power performance and luxury this vehicle has. I would recommend this vehicle to everyone!!"

Poorest in Electronics, Sensors Reliability

By on Thursday, June 14, 2012

Pros: "Best Drivability. Excellent driver's car"

Cons: "Most Unreliable after 3-4 years. High Road Noise"

"I purchased new 535i in 2008 with 4years/50k warranty. As soon as 4 years are over, and with only average of 8k miles per year, it has bogged down with 2 recalls, numerous erratic engine check. So many times went for service just for sensor check, reset....and each time Kearny Mesa BMW in San Diego, will find some problem. No problem was found in 4 years, but now they discover all problems even when it has only 42K miles. My battery died in a small town. After changing there and driving few miles all sorts of warning, engine shutdown, started coming. My BMW dealer said that the battery MUST be purchased in BMW only and needs computer reset, that cannot be done elsewhere. Lo!...what poor design....what if there is no BMW dealer in a town or highway!! The list goes on and on. However, I must say that no car drives as well as BMW. But sell it fast within 4 years of warranty to lessen headaches. Now, I will buy a Lexus or even Honda or Camry or other more reliable car, with decent performance.This car is for young drivers only for speed."

2011 535xi

By on Saturday, October 01, 2011

Pros: "Styling, finish."

Cons: "Read above. And tech is not great, iDrive clumsy. Esp scrolling music from an iPod."

"Hugely disappointing. I'll cut to the chase. There is tremendous lag or delay, when accelerating from a complete stop. The car delays for about .75 of a second before lurching forward. Are you kidding me? Apparently, other 535 owners are reporting the same, and when I took the car back to my local dealership, service confirmed the problem and said the same was found in other cars they tested. Why would BMW allow these cars to be sold? The car is beautiful, fit and finish better then Audi A6, but engine unacceptable. Stay away from this car."

2012 535i xDrive, Sport Pkg, Cold Weather, Premium

By on Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Pros: "awesome quality, great performance, stylish"

Cons: "run-flat tires, softer steering compared to older"

"I've traded my old '03 530i for this car. I must admit I loathed the Chris Bangle's design of the 2004-2010 models and was excited when the sporty and stylish new 5 series were introduced in 2011. The new car is absolutely awesome in every respect, a genuine pleasure to drive, handles beautifully - although the steering is, indeed, just a bit "softer" than what you are used to if you have owned and enjoyed the earlier models - but not too soft or wobbly. The 535 is loaded with tasteful luxury, and sports elegance in every way. It is very quiet and comfortable. The seats are snug, slick, and very comfy. All driving modes are very smooth. The Eco mode is great for slow traffic. The Comfort and Comfort modes provide a good combination of spirited and comfortable driving. The car turns into a beast in the Sports mode: you really have to watch your speed, otherwise, in a few seconds, you will be going over 100 mph without knowing it. One complaint: the mandatory run-flat original tires the car comes with. The OE run-flats are too low-profile to use on the original [expensive] 19" rims (Sports Pkg) in the winter here in Boston. Too much risk of damaging the rims. So, the first thing I did was buy a set of cheap (but beautiful) 17" rims(17X8 Rial Salerno Silver) with regular winter tires (225/55R-16 Dunlop SP Winter Sort 3D) mounted on them, and I am planning to buy a set of high-performance [regular, low-profile] summer tires that I will put on the original rims for the summer. Note that the new 5-series comes without a spare, so if you dump your run-flats - and chances are you'd want to, you'd need a portable Tire Mobility Kit (BMW sells them, or you can buy a similar cheaper one elsewhere.)"

BMW is not the utimate driving machine

By on Sunday, July 22, 2012

Pros: "Good Gas Milage"

Cons: "Poor Value, and Reliability"

"For what this car cost it is not in my top ten. It rattles, has been in the shop 3 times and BMW still has not fixed the problem. I don't think they will ever fix the problem. My advice stay away and get something else."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching BMW 5 Series near Honolulu. See local deals