2012 BMW 5 Series

8.4

Based on 117 Ratings for the 2011 - 2016 models.

The smoothest, yet most responsive, driving car

By on Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Pros: "Ultimate German craftmanship, power, stability."

Cons: "Voice commands difficult to master."

"I traded in my Dodge Charger R/T 5.7 liter Hemi Anniversary edition for this 528i X-Drive,M Sport. I am absolutely amazed by the power of the Twin Turbo. The switch from American muscle car to German technology was not easy, but it is also without regret. The sure-footed X-drive holds the road at all speeds. The craftsmanship and technological features are without peer. My only issue it the voice-activated controls for navigation and functions other than telephone are a little quirky. It may be I have a learning curve to master, but those things are items that worked a lot better in my Charger."

BMW is not the utimate driving machine

By on Sunday, July 22, 2012

Pros: "Good Gas Milage"

Cons: "Poor Value, and Reliability"

"For what this car cost it is not in my top ten. It rattles, has been in the shop 3 times and BMW still has not fixed the problem. I don't think they will ever fix the problem. My advice stay away and get something else."

A good balance between performance and comfort

By on Friday, April 12, 2013

Pros: "performance, comfort, interior/exterior design"

Cons: "none so far at 7,000 miles"

"I was looking to complement my Boxster with a sedan that offered comfort and performance. After test driving the 2013 528i model, I decided I don't need to look any further. Acceleration-wise, its about the same or perhaps even faster than my Boxster; the BMW engineers have performed a minor miracle with this 2.0 twin-turbo engine linked to a 8-speed trans. And the 528i is extremely comfortable (added the optional lux seats and some other convenience options) and way more fuel efficient (29mpg combined city/highway so far with 7,000 miles) Granted, the Boxster engine sound is pure joy to hear vs the diesel-like sound coming from the 2.0 engine. But the sound-proofing keeps all engine and other noises out. As for handling and cornering, the Boxster of course is in a different class, but the 528i handling is not bad for a 5-seater sedan . My other favorite aspect is the interior: elegant, functional and well finished. Overall, a great car experience."

Best car I ever ownedw

By on Wednesday, March 14, 2012

"Was reluctant to buy at first because I enjoy a soft ride of a Lexus. Owned several 3 series and great handling but tough ride! Owned several Lexus and very soft ride but doesn't handle as well as BMW. Decided to try 5 series and pleasantly surprised, both great ride and handling. Although the Lexus is a better buy I plan to replace my 2011 model with a 2013 because I like it that much"

Great car

By on Thursday, February 23, 2012

Pros: "a very great drive"

Cons: "tech can be a little hard to understand"

"Unique, cool and fun to drive."

By on Saturday, November 12, 2011

"Makes you feel you are in a Lexus LS 460 for less money!"

The Ultimate Driving Machine

By on Friday, November 19, 2010

"This is my 3rd 535i over the last 8 years. I had taken a European delivery and the experience in Munich was wonderful. There is a marked improvement over the 2008 model and the Comfort and Sports driving is wonderful except that it is a little smoother and does not give the road feel like the earlier one. I remember when I bought my first 5 series in 2002, the sales man told me while giving the keys that I challenge you to buy a different car make in future. He was right. I have test driven many others over the years and nothing can beat the BMW. I just love this car."

not any time soon...

By on Monday, December 24, 2012

Cons: "Not trustworthy"

"Jeez.....last week $500 for a new wheel...a small unfixable crack...today a warning light reads "reduced power" and so it goes back to the dealer...where no loaner is found.....this is the last of our four bimmers....our land cruisers are much less troublesome, and very reliable....."

Awesome Car!

By on Thursday, February 16, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, interior is gorgeous, great design"

Cons: "Steering slightly electronic, no side bolster adj"

"I have had this vehicle since 10/11 and there is nothing I do not like about this car. It looks great. I will go out to the garage to grab something and just stand and stare at it. The ride is awesome especially on long trips. You will not be fatigued but you will easily want to speed so use the cruise control! I just got my first speeding ticket! LOL The interior design is amazing...especially at night...the amber colored ribbon along the doors, etc looks stunning. I dinged the car for Driving Dynamics just a bit because the steering feels a little more electronically controlled than the previous version but it is in no way a reason not to get the car. It is so fun to drive. Make sure you get Navigation and BMW Apps so you can connect your iPhone to the car. The gas station search and Yelp! applications are very cool too but you have to get the Convenience Plan for $200 a year. You will not be disappointed by this car. I have had many people come up to me and ask about the car and told them to buy it. I love it!"

A fun car to drive BUT it still has issues.

By on Friday, January 13, 2012

Pros: "fuel, steering, features/options, SPEED.."

Cons: "to many features lol, run flat tires somewhat."

"Overall I have been pleased with my purchase and since I traded in a Lexus for this car I was looking for something sporty, faster and enjoyable on the road and this car delivers.. I have gotten SO many compliments on the color (black carbon metallic) with the phat sports wheels- it is truley a sharp car. I went all the way and got the M-series like they say go big or stay home!! I must admit my fuel pump failed on this car after owning it for 2-3 months that with 2 replacement tires due to nails I have not made up my mind on these run flat tires yet.. the car has been awesome to own.. thankfully everything has been covered just the normal inconvenience with having to drop off for repairs has been my only complaint with this car. BTW Lexus has BMW beat on service at their dealership."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching BMW 5 Series near Honolulu. See local deals