2012 BMW 5 Series

8.3

Based on 104 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

Love it!

By on Monday, December 12, 2011

"Handles great, runs great, looks great, comfortable, good gas mileage. No complants!"

2011 535xi

By on Saturday, October 01, 2011

Pros: "Styling, finish."

Cons: "Read above. And tech is not great, iDrive clumsy. Esp scrolling music from an iPod."

"Hugely disappointing. I'll cut to the chase. There is tremendous lag or delay, when accelerating from a complete stop. The car delays for about .75 of a second before lurching forward. Are you kidding me? Apparently, other 535 owners are reporting the same, and when I took the car back to my local dealership, service confirmed the problem and said the same was found in other cars they tested. Why would BMW allow these cars to be sold? The car is beautiful, fit and finish better then Audi A6, but engine unacceptable. Stay away from this car."

Poorest in Electronics, Sensors Reliability

By on Thursday, June 14, 2012

Pros: "Best Drivability. Excellent driver's car"

Cons: "Most Unreliable after 3-4 years. High Road Noise"

"I purchased new 535i in 2008 with 4years/50k warranty. As soon as 4 years are over, and with only average of 8k miles per year, it has bogged down with 2 recalls, numerous erratic engine check. So many times went for service just for sensor check, reset....and each time Kearny Mesa BMW in San Diego, will find some problem. No problem was found in 4 years, but now they discover all problems even when it has only 42K miles. My battery died in a small town. After changing there and driving few miles all sorts of warning, engine shutdown, started coming. My BMW dealer said that the battery MUST be purchased in BMW only and needs computer reset, that cannot be done elsewhere. Lo!...what poor design....what if there is no BMW dealer in a town or highway!! The list goes on and on. However, I must say that no car drives as well as BMW. But sell it fast within 4 years of warranty to lessen headaches. Now, I will buy a Lexus or even Honda or Camry or other more reliable car, with decent performance.This car is for young drivers only for speed."

I recently bought a 550i sport and love it.

By on Sunday, June 17, 2012

Pros: "performance, style, interior, family space (trunk)"

Cons: "the cup holders block some controls."

"I test drove the A6, E550, CTSV and Lexus. The BMW was the last car I test drove and I knew within a few minutes I was going to own one. This is the first BMW I've owned and I'm a fan now. If you decide to buy one, I recommend the DINAN stage 2 chip upgrade. I did and my 550i is now equal to the CTSV. I've owned a few nice cars C43, Porsche 996 Turbo and a Shelby GT500. This is the best one so far, no matter what the reviews say, this car is awesome!"

Gotta love that German engineering!

By on Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Pros: "Great handling, quiet cabin, free maintenance"

Cons: "voice ativation issues"

"As a previous MB and LS460 owner just to name a few. The 5 series is clearly the best thats offered today in terms of performance, quality and style. Great gas mileage BTW which is great nowadays! Check it out!"

2012 535i xDrive, Sport Pkg, Cold Weather, Premium

By on Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Pros: "awesome quality, great performance, stylish"

Cons: "run-flat tires, softer steering compared to older"

"I've traded my old '03 530i for this car. I must admit I loathed the Chris Bangle's design of the 2004-2010 models and was excited when the sporty and stylish new 5 series were introduced in 2011. The new car is absolutely awesome in every respect, a genuine pleasure to drive, handles beautifully - although the steering is, indeed, just a bit "softer" than what you are used to if you have owned and enjoyed the earlier models - but not too soft or wobbly. The 535 is loaded with tasteful luxury, and sports elegance in every way. It is very quiet and comfortable. The seats are snug, slick, and very comfy. All driving modes are very smooth. The Eco mode is great for slow traffic. The Comfort and Comfort modes provide a good combination of spirited and comfortable driving. The car turns into a beast in the Sports mode: you really have to watch your speed, otherwise, in a few seconds, you will be going over 100 mph without knowing it. One complaint: the mandatory run-flat original tires the car comes with. The OE run-flats are too low-profile to use on the original [expensive] 19" rims (Sports Pkg) in the winter here in Boston. Too much risk of damaging the rims. So, the first thing I did was buy a set of cheap (but beautiful) 17" rims(17X8 Rial Salerno Silver) with regular winter tires (225/55R-16 Dunlop SP Winter Sort 3D) mounted on them, and I am planning to buy a set of high-performance [regular, low-profile] summer tires that I will put on the original rims for the summer. Note that the new 5-series comes without a spare, so if you dump your run-flats - and chances are you'd want to, you'd need a portable Tire Mobility Kit (BMW sells them, or you can buy a similar cheaper one elsewhere.)"

excellent car

By on Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Pros: "see above"

Cons: "see above"

"i traded in my jaguar xf for this car...the jag was getting terrible gas mileage and needed new brakes every 15k or so....at a cost of almost one thousand dollars.....i first looked at an audi, but after test driving it, and then the bmw 5 i felt there was no comparison....i think the one draw back is storage space in the front....barely enough for a pair of sunglasses and a few items in the center console.....also, seems strange that a car that ran me over 60k has no spare....yes, run on flat tires, but would of rather regular tires with a spare....."

BMW is not the utimate driving machine

By on Sunday, July 22, 2012

Pros: "Good Gas Milage"

Cons: "Poor Value, and Reliability"

"For what this car cost it is not in my top ten. It rattles, has been in the shop 3 times and BMW still has not fixed the problem. I don't think they will ever fix the problem. My advice stay away and get something else."

2011 550xi / Sport

By on Sunday, July 24, 2011

Pros: "Power when you want it, Luxury when you dont."

Cons: "Potholes in MA are a tad harsh w/ Sport suspension and 20" wheels."

"This new 550i for 2011, by my experience, trumps the competition and raises the bar in every possible way from the previous BMW 5 series. Not a fan of the previous 5er bodystyle; however, loved the one prior to that from 98-04. That said, they don't always get it right, but they hit bull's eye w/ this one all around. Performance is second to none; turbo-lag non existent. Adaptive driving modes (Comfort, Normal, Sport, Sport ) shows that you can't please everybody with the the same thing, so you can decide how you want the car to respond - love that feature. Amount of technology in this car, especially when adding head-up display, comfort access,"

Great car

By on Thursday, February 23, 2012

Pros: "a very great drive"

Cons: "tech can be a little hard to understand"

"Unique, cool and fun to drive."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching BMW 5 Series near Honolulu. See local deals