2012 BMW 5 Series

8.3

Based on 102 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

Love it!

By on Monday, December 12, 2011

"Handles great, runs great, looks great, comfortable, good gas mileage. No complants!"

2012 535i xDrive, Sport Pkg, Cold Weather, Premium

By on Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Pros: "awesome quality, great performance, stylish"

Cons: "run-flat tires, softer steering compared to older"

"I've traded my old '03 530i for this car. I must admit I loathed the Chris Bangle's design of the 2004-2010 models and was excited when the sporty and stylish new 5 series were introduced in 2011. The new car is absolutely awesome in every respect, a genuine pleasure to drive, handles beautifully - although the steering is, indeed, just a bit "softer" than what you are used to if you have owned and enjoyed the earlier models - but not too soft or wobbly. The 535 is loaded with tasteful luxury, and sports elegance in every way. It is very quiet and comfortable. The seats are snug, slick, and very comfy. All driving modes are very smooth. The Eco mode is great for slow traffic. The Comfort and Comfort modes provide a good combination of spirited and comfortable driving. The car turns into a beast in the Sports mode: you really have to watch your speed, otherwise, in a few seconds, you will be going over 100 mph without knowing it. One complaint: the mandatory run-flat original tires the car comes with. The OE run-flats are too low-profile to use on the original [expensive] 19" rims (Sports Pkg) in the winter here in Boston. Too much risk of damaging the rims. So, the first thing I did was buy a set of cheap (but beautiful) 17" rims(17X8 Rial Salerno Silver) with regular winter tires (225/55R-16 Dunlop SP Winter Sort 3D) mounted on them, and I am planning to buy a set of high-performance [regular, low-profile] summer tires that I will put on the original rims for the summer. Note that the new 5-series comes without a spare, so if you dump your run-flats - and chances are you'd want to, you'd need a portable Tire Mobility Kit (BMW sells them, or you can buy a similar cheaper one elsewhere.)"

2011 550xi / Sport

By on Sunday, July 24, 2011

Pros: "Power when you want it, Luxury when you dont."

Cons: "Potholes in MA are a tad harsh w/ Sport suspension and 20" wheels."

"This new 550i for 2011, by my experience, trumps the competition and raises the bar in every possible way from the previous BMW 5 series. Not a fan of the previous 5er bodystyle; however, loved the one prior to that from 98-04. That said, they don't always get it right, but they hit bull's eye w/ this one all around. Performance is second to none; turbo-lag non existent. Adaptive driving modes (Comfort, Normal, Sport, Sport ) shows that you can't please everybody with the the same thing, so you can decide how you want the car to respond - love that feature. Amount of technology in this car, especially when adding head-up display, comfort access,"

2011 535xi

By on Saturday, October 01, 2011

Pros: "Styling, finish."

Cons: "Read above. And tech is not great, iDrive clumsy. Esp scrolling music from an iPod."

"Hugely disappointing. I'll cut to the chase. There is tremendous lag or delay, when accelerating from a complete stop. The car delays for about .75 of a second before lurching forward. Are you kidding me? Apparently, other 535 owners are reporting the same, and when I took the car back to my local dealership, service confirmed the problem and said the same was found in other cars they tested. Why would BMW allow these cars to be sold? The car is beautiful, fit and finish better then Audi A6, but engine unacceptable. Stay away from this car."

The Ultimate Driving Machine

By on Friday, November 19, 2010

"This is my 3rd 535i over the last 8 years. I had taken a European delivery and the experience in Munich was wonderful. There is a marked improvement over the 2008 model and the Comfort and Sports driving is wonderful except that it is a little smoother and does not give the road feel like the earlier one. I remember when I bought my first 5 series in 2002, the sales man told me while giving the keys that I challenge you to buy a different car make in future. He was right. I have test driven many others over the years and nothing can beat the BMW. I just love this car."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching BMW 5 Series near Honolulu. See local deals