2011 BMW 5 Series

8.4

Based on 117 Ratings for the 2011 - 2016 models.

The smoothest, yet most responsive, driving car

By on Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Pros: "Ultimate German craftmanship, power, stability."

Cons: "Voice commands difficult to master."

"I traded in my Dodge Charger R/T 5.7 liter Hemi Anniversary edition for this 528i X-Drive,M Sport. I am absolutely amazed by the power of the Twin Turbo. The switch from American muscle car to German technology was not easy, but it is also without regret. The sure-footed X-drive holds the road at all speeds. The craftsmanship and technological features are without peer. My only issue it the voice-activated controls for navigation and functions other than telephone are a little quirky. It may be I have a learning curve to master, but those things are items that worked a lot better in my Charger."

BMW is not the utimate driving machine

By on Sunday, July 22, 2012

Pros: "Good Gas Milage"

Cons: "Poor Value, and Reliability"

"For what this car cost it is not in my top ten. It rattles, has been in the shop 3 times and BMW still has not fixed the problem. I don't think they will ever fix the problem. My advice stay away and get something else."

A good balance between performance and comfort

By on Friday, April 12, 2013

Pros: "performance, comfort, interior/exterior design"

Cons: "none so far at 7,000 miles"

"I was looking to complement my Boxster with a sedan that offered comfort and performance. After test driving the 2013 528i model, I decided I don't need to look any further. Acceleration-wise, its about the same or perhaps even faster than my Boxster; the BMW engineers have performed a minor miracle with this 2.0 twin-turbo engine linked to a 8-speed trans. And the 528i is extremely comfortable (added the optional lux seats and some other convenience options) and way more fuel efficient (29mpg combined city/highway so far with 7,000 miles) Granted, the Boxster engine sound is pure joy to hear vs the diesel-like sound coming from the 2.0 engine. But the sound-proofing keeps all engine and other noises out. As for handling and cornering, the Boxster of course is in a different class, but the 528i handling is not bad for a 5-seater sedan . My other favorite aspect is the interior: elegant, functional and well finished. Overall, a great car experience."

Best car I ever ownedw

By on Wednesday, March 14, 2012

"Was reluctant to buy at first because I enjoy a soft ride of a Lexus. Owned several 3 series and great handling but tough ride! Owned several Lexus and very soft ride but doesn't handle as well as BMW. Decided to try 5 series and pleasantly surprised, both great ride and handling. Although the Lexus is a better buy I plan to replace my 2011 model with a 2013 because I like it that much"

Great car

By on Thursday, February 23, 2012

Pros: "a very great drive"

Cons: "tech can be a little hard to understand"

"Unique, cool and fun to drive."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching BMW 5 Series near Honolulu. See local deals