• Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

2003 BMW 5 Series

Based on 661 Ratings for the 1997 - 2003 models.

Sturdy,excellently safe to drive, one of our best

By on Monday, December 15, 2014

"This car is excellent for safety since the body is sturdy,lots of roam in the trunk, interior and with average 19 miles/ gallon of my experienced consumption. To me this car has excellent steering ability that in an urgent emergency situation it can go sideways without flipping over at 60 to 70 miles an hour ,example sudden driving across waterplane in the high way. Slight disadvantage is the driver car seat despite made of leather it sagged overtime and the electronic to adjust the seat is quite hard to adjust to level of desired setting.The passenger mirror also automatically docked to see the curb but not visible enough to see the whole back side on backing up.In my opinion this is quite dangerous. While alarms good to keep away intruders ,its advantage is also annoying to the fact that it will go off too loud of unknown cause and alert neighbors especially at night time and I have to turn the alarm off."

Actually the Ultimate Driving Machine

By on Thursday, November 06, 2014

Pros: "Handles beautifully, cruises effortlessly"

Cons: "Cant think of any"

"Bought this 530i to replace a 2001 525i Wagon. Car has great power, unbelievable stability at speed, solid handling and agility, and it's a four door sedan. Everything in the car works properly, it is possible for moderately proficient owners to work on and maintain, and the styling is classic. This is a comfortable, highly manuverable, confidence inspiring car, and can be driven on long trips without excess fatigue or problems. I only wish there were more cars this comfortable and competent. Oh yeah, it gets nearly 30MPG on the Hgwy at 80+ MPH"

I love my car

By on Thursday, October 23, 2014

Pros: "drives like a dream, comfortable"

"I have had this vehicle for over 5 years, and it has been the best I've owned. No major issues, just keeping it maintained and loved is all I've needed to do! I just love the feeling of driving a well built piece of machinery. Driving my husbands 2014 Honda seems like a Go-Kart ride!"

My 3rd BMW WAGON

By on Monday, October 20, 2014

Pros: "Reliability and looks"

"Love thus beautiful, dependable car"

One of the Nicest Driving Vehicles I've owned

By on Saturday, October 04, 2014

Pros: "Excellent driving experience"

Cons: "Costly maintenance"

"This car drives like an absolute dream! I've owned over 20 cars in my life, and this has to be one of the funniest cars I've ever had. The fit and finish on the vehicle are excellent, especially considering it's a 1999. It has an AUX input, which was state of the art for it's time. The woodgrain accents and shift knob are top notch. The leather is some of the best quality I've seen. Great daily driver, fun to drive. The only thing, with any European sports car, is the cost to maintain. I've had to do lots of engine and cooling system work. Be prepared to spend some money to keep this thing going strong."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching BMW 5 Series near Honolulu. See local deals