• Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

1994 BMW 5 Series

Based on 193 Ratings for the 1989 - 1995 models.

AMAZING CAR

By on Saturday, November 07, 2009

"1991 525i E34. Bought on eBay for $3,000 at 145,000 miles. At 170,000 just had to replace transmission ($4,000 for BMW trans). No car payments, minimum upkeep...I'm ahead of the game because the car drives smooth as silk, looks gorgeous, handles great. Fit, finish, and detail is terrific. This 18-yr-old car still turns heads and feels rock solid. I've owned MBZ, BMW 3-series, Fords, Toyotas, Hondas, Jaguars...but I would recommend an older BMW 5-series to anyone."

More than I ever expected

By on Wednesday, July 30, 2008

"I have owned my BMW 525I for just a couple of weeks. I buy cars and fix them up to resell them. I bought this BMW with the intent to do just that but on the drive home which is aproximately 20 miles on the highway. I knew after the first 5 miles that this was a keeper. I have never owned a BMW nor have I ever thought about it but this was a deal I just couldnt pass up and it turned out to be a blessing. It has a whole lot of zip for a 6 cyl. and rides like a caddy, which I have owned many of cadillacs in my time. To put it plain and simple it it luxury meets sports car and I am in love."

The Best Used Car on the Market

By on Saturday, September 29, 2007

"If you are fortunate enough to find a well maintained 535i, get it!! I bought a 1990 with only 130k miles and it has been great! The only problem we've had in 15k miles is the crank sensor working itself loose. Other than that, we've done routine maintenance and upgraded the wheels/tires to 16". We get a lot of compliments; most people can't believe it is a 1990. The original BMW paint lasts a long time. When choosing a used car over 100k miles, I would choose this one first."

Love This car always wanted one and know i have it

By on Sunday, October 30, 2011

Pros: "body, quality, the in sides, and ride"

Cons: "its hard to find some parts. High costs to repair"

Just cleaned her up and I was out and about. Had to take a pic.

"I bought the car form my boss in Feb. 2011 and have had the car ever since. i have only had to problems with the car. The heater control valve went out on it. Easy fix. Then the water pump a few months later. It wasn't to hard to replace. I do all the work on the car my self. Services and all. very easy to work on. but i will say. i did have problems when i thought the alternator went out. That was not fun.... but i did have fun when it past the test and all that was really wrong with the car was it was low on transmission fluid. a small leak that i found on a line under the car was the cos. Fixed it and hadn't had any other problems. Love this car and if you want one i will say find a salvage yard that has a few. because parts do run high. and try to stay a way form the dealer. They want way to much for anything needed for the car. I found that out first hand. 400$ for a check up. not to do any thing just to look at the car and see if it needed anything..... No thanks i said and drove a way. I will say again i love this car and if you want one or are looking to buy one they are a blast to drive and will have you riding in confute. Well the reason i always wanted a 5 series BMW was because i saw the move Lethal Weapon 2 when i was 5 years old and the car chase at the start of the movie they are chasing a 89 BMW 535i. love that car. Had one of those at one time crashed it.... but thats why i like the car so much."

My video

Just cleaned her up and I was out and about. Had to take a pic.

Great automobile

By on Thursday, December 10, 2009

"This is perhaps the greatest vehicle ever made...bar none. I have owned dozens of vehicles, but none seems to do all the things this one does. I have owned this car since new and it has been absolutely rock solid. Aside from normal maintenance I have had no major issues whatsoever. My family and I have used this car for several road trips and it's always ready and capable. On the highway it eats up the miles all in calm, quite, comfort. I only wish I would have bought two or three others and kept them as replacements, since there is nothing comparable on the market presently that even comes close."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching BMW 5 Series near Honolulu. See local deals