1992 BMW 5 Series

Based on 195 Ratings for the 1992 - 1995 models.

The Best Used Car on the Market

By on Saturday, September 29, 2007

"If you are fortunate enough to find a well maintained 535i, get it!! I bought a 1990 with only 130k miles and it has been great! The only problem we've had in 15k miles is the crank sensor working itself loose. Other than that, we've done routine maintenance and upgraded the wheels/tires to 16". We get a lot of compliments; most people can't believe it is a 1990. The original BMW paint lasts a long time. When choosing a used car over 100k miles, I would choose this one first."

This is one solid car.

By on Sunday, November 25, 2007

"Got the car (94 525i) for great price and couldn't be happier. It's dark green with brown leather. Neighbors applaud me for "classing up the neighborhood." Car has an awesome look and stance. Could go for a few cup holders and maybe a little better acceleration. But once she's cruising, it's a pure joy."

IF YOU NEED A RELIABLE CAR!

By on Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Pros: "GREAT CAR!"

Cons: "NONE!"

"This car is my high school sweetheart. This was the first car I bought when I first started driving in high school. Its been 6 years later and shes still the best! The frame is all steel so I feel really safe in it. Great on gas. All I suggest is maintain it and it will take care of you. I do my own oil and filter change with full synthetic oil every 3-4 months (Will make the engine last longer), brake pads, ect. One problem with these model I heard is the coolant/ radiator. Mine went bad so I replaced it and now its even better!"

it would be a mistake to ever turn down this car.

By on Monday, September 27, 2010

"My parents bought me a 1995 525it wagon two years ago when i turned 16. The 5 series wagon is the only car I will ever drive again. It has 160,000 miles and I have had not one mechanical problem, and no signs of any coming either. I drove a 2006 530i and I didn't get the same feeling out of it, this is by far the best BMW ever made. The interior electrics have been a little shotty, the passenger's power recliner broke last year. I went online trying to figure out how to fix it and easily figured it out on a forum and did it successfully (and I am the opposite of a handyman.) The rear windows are also beginning to struggle a bit when I roll them down, but I'm sure that's another thing I can fix myself or at least have done for a reasonable price; I was surprised at how inexpensive this car is to maintain compared to saabs and volvos (through research only of course). It still looks beautiful and the design of the car seems to have never gone out of style, still looking sharp and classy after 15 years of life. It burns no oil, and I have read that they can go up to 300,000 miles without doing so. The seats are ridiculously comfortable, and my friends don't even mind sitting in the backseat because they're just as comfy. The double sunroof is great, whenever I open the rear sunroof whoever is in the backseat is in awe. It has decent cargo space and I have shoved ridiculous amounts of things into it. I always request to drive just because I want to be in my car, I don't even like getting out of it. The only problem is that the wagons are pretty rare, there are only 20 on autotrader.com right now throughout the entire USA. It would be worth the wait if you were waiting to find one closer to your area. I'm sure it's because no one wants to get rid of it! The ONLY annoying thing is that there are no cup holders, but you can buy pretty decent clip on ones that aren't bad looking. I really just can't run out of good things to say. Driving it is a blast, a sports car with cargo space. It is a tank, and very very safe. When I'm driving down long windy country roads I feel like I'm in a car commercial because it drives so nice. It's SO comfortable, it's more reliable than any other german car I've ever seen (besides maybe those mercedes diesels), it has all the luxury options; power seats/everything, sunroofS, leather, heated seats, a great sound system, wood trim, roomy, safe.. etc, the car is literally a dream. If you're looking at one, go no further. You have found your new baby. Also whenever I see another 1989-1995 bmw 5 series myself and the other driver usually wave with enthusiasm, it's like a mutual understanding of car superiority (lol). I can't stop thinking about all the great things about this car. Oh, the one bad thing is that it is really low to the ground so you can't drive it up those car ramps to change the oil, you have to jack it up which is a bit of a pain. I love my baby!!"

Great car!

By on Saturday, January 26, 2008

"Bought this car when it had 86000 miles on it. Over the first two years I replaced all hoses and belts on the presumption that the rubber would be the first to go after 10 years of operations. That paid dividends as the car performed beautifully for the five years I owned it. I did have to switch over to premium gasoline in the last year to improve performance and eliminate knocking, but that switch brought the car back to full power and it resumed it's muscular performance. Very sooth ride as well. I guess the lesson I learned with this car is that if you take care of it, it will perform at a very high rate for a long time."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching BMW 5 Series near Honolulu. See local deals