2014 BMW 3 Series Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $34,329 - $36,510.

10/8.3

Based on 65 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

My experience with the BMW 328i

By on Thursday, February 19, 2015

I don't own this car

Pros: "Comfort ride, 3 Modes Offered"

Cons: "Trunk space, I Drive/Changing Mode lock"

"I actually got the BMW 328i as part of a rental upgrade and was happy to try out this vehicle since this is one car I was considering for my next car purchase. Overall the interior seating is comfortable and the car seemed to handle well. I loved that you can go from a Econ mode to a Sport mode quickly. I definitely felt the difference when switching to a different modes (especially to the Sport mode). The car was very quiet on the road. In most cases I was going 80 mph without realizing it. It was an automatic and the shift gear was electronic and took some time in getting use to (from getting into drive, reverse and parking), but once you got used to it was good. The stereo sound and linking to my device for music was easy and the music sounded good. However, the volume is extremely low when it came to broadcasting my Siri. Was using this as part of traveling and found it useless. Needless to say we had two phone so I used the other for navigation while the other played the music. I didn't experience a low volume when making a call, so I was a little perplexed why the car had trouble on this item. Now the grips of the car. It is a key-less car, meaning that you have a button to start it. However, there was no interior trunk opener. To open the trunk it required me to get out the keys from my pocket and use the remote. If there was a button in the car, it wasn't stage clearly. Another thing I found was the trunk space was extremely small. I could only fit one standard suit case and 2 carry-on and one kids suit case. The standard suit case could not be placed on it's side (up right position). It is a standard dimension suit case and did not have this issue in my VW Passat. There was room above the suit cases, but I was still off by half an inch to stack a smaller suitcase. This was frustrating (only 4 of us traveling) when loading up the car and I'm really good about utilizing every possible configuration to maximize space. Needless to say one suitcase had to travel with the kids in the back seat. This became a concern since I didn't want to leave the suitcase in the backseat only for the car to be broken into. While I praised the stereo above, the controls of the stereo are only found on the steering wheel and the I-Drive Touch Interface system. Unfortunately, when transferring from each car modes (Eco, Comfort, Sport) the main info screen changes as well and locks out the the music screen that was on display. You had to wait for the screen to go back from the mode screen to the music screen before you can do anything with regards to music. If not you wind up being locked into the mode screen. This happen to me for a couple of times when I changed my driving mode and tried changing my music to fit he drive. Unfortunately, I got locked into the car mode screen multiple time which was quite frustrating. The last gripe I have with this car was the cup holders. For a hot coffee enthusiast like myself, I drink my coffee with a sleeve. Now when placing the cup of coffee into the cup holder the cup and sleeve fits with no problem, but when removing the cup to take a drink the sleeve gets caught on a lip of the cup holder. To make matters worse, it is a pain to fish out the sleeve from the cup holder. The lip is caused by two mismatched size holes. Really made me wonder how this could of happened and gotten missed when designing this part of the car. Overall, I was originally supposed to get a Chevy Impala as a rental car but glad I was able to try this car out. It would have been interesting to compare these two and provide some feedback, since this is the other car I'm considering in buying. Even with some of the quirkiness of the car design, I have to admit it the ride was smooth when in the comfort mode. Unfortunately, I it is not enough for me to consider this car as part of my next future buy line-up."

2013 328i RWD

By on Monday, February 09, 2015

Pros: "Drive, ride, looks, feel, MPG"

Cons: "Several features that should be standard are not"

"This car has almost everything you could ask for in its class and then some. It looks great, drives exceptionally well and gets great gas mileage (I average 24 or so in the city and 35 on the highway - on premium). The 4 years of free service are an excellent touch to sell this car. One MAJOR flaw however - the car does not come standard with HID headlamps, or the bi-xenon headlights with the Halo's. BMW is famous for their projector headlamps and halo rings... and their best selling model doesn't have it standard? Don't even get me started on the backup equipment... Compromises were made, but the final product executes as it should, but for a price."

Ver n I c e

By on Thursday, February 05, 2015

"2 years Love this car Good mpg Good power Quiet"

Love the vehicle overall

By on Saturday, January 24, 2015

"Luxury and power well matched. My only gripe is the awkward shifting it makes at slow speeds when I first get going out of my driveway in the parking lot ...it seems to jolt. Next time I'm getting the smooth shifting 5 series."

Very good vehicle

By on Sunday, January 18, 2015

Pros: "acceleration, build quality and fun to drive"

Cons: "storage, costly options, few standard features"

"I've owned this vehicle for 19 months, and my overall impression is favorable. On the positive side, the car has exceptional build quality, a rigid chassis, powerful turbo charged 4 cylinder engine, and once the turbo gets spooled up, this thing runs like a hungry cheetah! On the down side, every option comes a la carte and at a premium cost. I live in New England, therefore I opted for the XDrive, cold weather pkg., Nav & leather seats, which stickered at over $46,000.00, yet no back-up camera- no reason for a car in this class not to have a backup camera standard. Also the steering is far too light, and not reminiscent of previous generation 3s. That said, this car is not about practicality. If that were the case, I would have purchased a Honda Accord. In the end, the car really is a joy to drive, sips gas, when I'm not putting my foot in it, and has been exceptionally reliable. Would I purchase another? YES!"