2014 BMW 3 Series Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $37,736 - $39,159.

10/8.3

Based on 59 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

A great car

By on Tuesday, December 02, 2014

Pros: "The Ultimate Driving Machine"

Cons: "Not cheap."

"My first BMW. Fast, comfortable, roomy, and excellent fuel economy. I commute 65 miles daily, and and impressed by the over 30 mpg mileage. Seat warmers, steering wheel warmer and awd make it a great winter car. Much roomier cabin than the previous 3 series(my wife has a 2011), faster and better mpg's, but steering lighter, not the same feel. Very reliable- only non scheduled maintenance was for a frozen fuel door and 2 flat tires."

Exceeded my high expectations

By on Thursday, November 27, 2014

Pros: "Fun To Drive"

Cons: "Cost, unknown long term reliability"

"My first BMW, and it has exceeded every lofty expectation I had for it. Smooth, endless power - great low end torque and horsepower. Good manual transmission; choosing that helps balance out the driving modes of the vehicle. I drive a good mix of urban highway and in town, not a lot of stop and go. MPG over 30 in 20,000 miles. While driving in Sport mode most of the time. Precision road feel, excellent vehicle dynamics. Recommend getting the adaptive suspension - it is like magic. Great looks, room for 4 adults in comfort for a long trip."

320i is 100% BMW 3-series

By on Saturday, November 22, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, comfortable"

Cons: "Interior materials could be better."

"The 320i is a car that doesn't do very many things, but what it does do it does right. Some people might believe that the 320i is the "watered down" BMW for buyers that only want the badge, but that's the opinion of people that haven't yet owned one. It's feels just as balanced, it's just as sharp, and it's just as enjoyable as you'd expect a BMW sport sedan to be. My car does have the sport package that firms the car up a little, but it's still extremely comfortable to drive while giving the car a more sporty feel. Steering is on the lighter side due to the electric assist, but it's still very good and very sharp. The 320i is down on power from the 328i, but it doesn't feel underpowered at all. In everyday conditions, it feels very responsive and torquey down low with very little turbo lag. Honestly, it feels nearly as strong as the 328i in most driving conditions. It's only when you're driving hard do you realize how much less power the 320i has. It absolutely has more than enough power for most people. If you're looking for a sports sedan I believe it is the best bang for your buck not only in the 3-series line, but of any car in the small sports sedan class. Also, fuel economy is great with 27-28 mpg average. The interior is very nice, but it's kind of a mixed bag. Plenty of quality materials mixed with some cheaper materials that you wouldn't want to see in a luxury vehicle. Interior comfort and space is excellent for the class. Controls are easy to use for the most part, but you will spend some time learning how the iDrive system works. The car's interior is a very nice place to be overall. If there's one option that I think everyone should get, it would be the sport package. It isn't just rims and some black trim, it is a true sport package with a tighter sports suspension, a fantastic M sport steering wheel, better seats higher performance staggered rims and tires for about $1,500! That's a steal, perfect for someone that just wants to enjoy the driving experience and not spend $45,000+ on a car! Like I said, this car is everything you'd expect in a BMW 3 series but for several thousand dollars less."

2014 328d

By on Monday, November 17, 2014

Pros: "Great fuel economy, handles very good, fun 2 drive"

Cons: "No Dealers in my neck of the woods"

"I traded my 2011 328i in for this 2014 328d and don't regret it for a moment. The car is smooth, quiet, and well-built. Granted, I do NOT drive with a heavy foot, so I can't speak about jack rabbit starts, etc. But I can speak of fuel economy - about 36 in town, 46 on the highway, and 38 combination. Standing in front of it while idling, my wife says it sounds like a little tug boat, but that's OK as you don't hear engine noises while driving, and the 8-speed transmission is smooth as silk. A tank of fuel seems to last forever - I figured I could drive from Seattle to Tijuana and would only have to stop for gas ONCE. It's really a great little car."

Best ever

By on Friday, October 31, 2014

Pros: "Ok price"

"this car handles awesome great on gas and gets the looks it deserves ."

Very cool wagon

By on Sunday, October 26, 2014

Pros: "Best wagon out there"

Cons: "2x pull dr. Handles, cheap plastic hole covers"

"Best looking compact wagon on the market. Love the little touches. Automatic tailgate with this swing of your foot under rear bumper. Very nice. I upgraded the stereo. Handling is great. People complaining about electric steering - picky in my opinion. Acceleration is very good for a four-cylinder TwinTurbo.. Love the coral red leather seats mineral white exterior . I actually had a guy pull me over and say I just wanted to tell you that that's the best looking BMW I've ever seen. Very nice car. I Have reasons for liking the wagon. Versatility, etc. having said that I think it just looks better than the sedan. Better than Audi, Cadillac (although I like the fold-flat backseats in the Cadillac big time) Mercedes, WAGONS HO!"

Good Car

By on Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Pros: "Good Price"

"I like this car"

2013 BMW 328i M Sport Line (CPO). I love this car

By on Friday, October 10, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive and great gas mileage"

Cons: "Start/Stop feature; Pricey; Sound of the engine"

"I purchased this car five months ago and this is my first BMW to own and I am thoroughly pleased. I sold a full size SUV for this car and was concerned about the smaller interior space but I find that I did not use the space but just a few times a year. It was nice putting my mountain bike in the back of the SUV but there is not an issue with the car as I purchased a bike rack. I am blown away by the power of the four cylinder twin turbo engine as well as the amazing gas mileage. I get 33 mpg in the city and 37 mpg on the highway in economy mode. It is a very tight handling machine and I feel very much in control. I have never experienced a car that could handle the way this one does and it is truly the ultimate driving machine. Regarding the cons mentioned above, my previous vehicle was a Chevrolet Tahoe Hybrid and the conversion from the electric motor to the gas motor was seamless; however, with the BMW (start/stop feature), when the gas motor kicks in, the car jerks. The sound of the engine sounds like it is running with rubber bands. Even though I love the car, BMW seems to love their cars as well as it is reflected in their prices. Overall, the appearance (interior/exterior) and all of the small features like the light package (lights under each exterior door handle and focal interior lights) makes this car so much fun to drive. I am not one to immediately fall in love with a vehicle until I saw this one and I just knew I had to have it. I would highly recommend this vehicle to anyone who is looking for a fun sporty/classy car to drive."

Great handling, plenty of power. Nice interior

By on Wednesday, October 08, 2014

Pros: "Hsndling is second to none. Nice design"

Cons: "Wish the LED display can be hidden/retractable"

"A true Ultimate driving machine. Excellent handling with plenty of power. Beautiful and roomy interior."

Buy this car immediately - 2014 320i xDrive

By on Friday, October 03, 2014

Pros: "Smooth ride, comfortable cabin, mpg, looks great"

Cons: "Blue tooth streaming audio not standard"

"I commute to work 100 miles each day round trip. After one week I wish I bought this car sooner. Going 80 miles an hour feels as smooth as 40. The car actually gets faster between 50 and 80. Very little if no wind or road noise at highway levels. Engine has plenty of power and up to 35mpg is nice too. 3 different driving modes (Sport, Eco, and Comfort) offer 3 different driving experiences. Test drive one and you will want it."