2014 BMW 3 Series Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $38,451 - $40,172.

10/8.3

Based on 69 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

Not a fan

By on Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Pros: "Looks nice."

Cons: "Quality is suspect."

"Looks pretty on the outside. Hate the autostop feature at the red lights. Sounds like a diesel when it idles. Three recalls in two years. No way to put the car in neutral when the engine fails (once during high water and once due to the failed fuel pump). Would not buy this car again and have lost some respect for BMW."

Liked my 2008 better than the 2012

By on Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Pros: "Handles like a dream - great gas mileage"

Cons: "moon roof whistles, windshield slant catches rocks"

"Loved the "Gold" color on the 2008 - "Gold" color not available on 2012 / settled for brown. Moon roof was not standard on 2012 - had to pay extra. Moon roof on 2012 was redesigned - much lighter (flimsey cover) and whistled if speed exceeded 50 mph when in tilted open position. Windshield on 2012 must have had a different slant as I am on my 5th replacement. Fog lights on 2012 on lower front bumper break easily from road rocks/debris and are a 1-piece unit (expensive to replace). Rock chips (bumper) show more on a darker color. Love the BMW ride!"

Best value for a new BMW by far

By on Tuesday, April 14, 2015

"I've gotten over 40mpg out of my 320i on highway trips. This thing just hums along and never misses a beat. Love this car."

Best Car I've Ever Owned

By on Saturday, March 28, 2015

Pros: "Quiet, smooth, responsive, "one with the road,""

Cons: "Price - probably $5k more than others considered"

"This is my 4th BMW...1990 5 series, two 328 coupes and now 335xdrive. I had sworn off BMW because of expense of repair and "snob" impression attached to the brand. About 6 months ago I sold my 2009 328 coupe, which was a great car. Over the past month, decided I need a car again, I started looking. Tried Avalon Limited, Accord Touring, Audi A3; A4. After realizing I just wasn't comfortable with the Japanese cars, though they are very very good cars. The Avalon really has some amazing virtues. Anyhow, I am much more comfortable with German handling and ambience. The A3 was very appealing, but just not the same as BMW. I had decided to order another 328, but this time sedan without the sport package. The only issue with my prior coupe was the choppy ride with the sport handling. Yes, it could be a virtue, but for my purposes it wasn't idea. Anyhow, I found a 2014 BMW 335 that was new but unsold, about $9k off of sticker. I didn't want the larger motor, but what the heck. The car had everything I was looking for. This was the BEST CAR DECISION I've ever made. The car is quiet, smooth yet typical BMW handling. Sound system great. Interior remarkably spacious. Fit an finish perfect. I had looked at Lexus ES 300, which also was remarkable, but finish too plush and ride just not the same. With the BMW you feel connected to the road, yet very comfortable. Mileage? So far about 35 on highway and 25 overall. The larger motor does produce much more get up and go but the mileage is decent. What about repairs? Yeah, I'm sure I'll grumble when the time comes. However, I'd highly recommend this vehicle. You won't regret it. My other cars have included BMW (4th with current) Toyota Avalon, Honda Accord, Highlander, Jaguar S series, Nissan Maxima, Oldsmobile Cutlas and Chevy Nova (I'm 60 years old). By far, this is the best I've had. Second runner up is my 5 series BMW followed by the Avalon....just as reference. Hope this is helpful to somebody."

My experience with the BMW 328i

By on Thursday, February 19, 2015

I don't own this car

Pros: "Comfort ride, 3 Modes Offered"

Cons: "Trunk space, I Drive/Changing Mode lock"

"I actually got the BMW 328i as part of a rental upgrade and was happy to try out this vehicle since this is one car I was considering for my next car purchase. Overall the interior seating is comfortable and the car seemed to handle well. I loved that you can go from a Econ mode to a Sport mode quickly. I definitely felt the difference when switching to a different modes (especially to the Sport mode). The car was very quiet on the road. In most cases I was going 80 mph without realizing it. It was an automatic and the shift gear was electronic and took some time in getting use to (from getting into drive, reverse and parking), but once you got used to it was good. The stereo sound and linking to my device for music was easy and the music sounded good. However, the volume is extremely low when it came to broadcasting my Siri. Was using this as part of traveling and found it useless. Needless to say we had two phone so I used the other for navigation while the other played the music. I didn't experience a low volume when making a call, so I was a little perplexed why the car had trouble on this item. Now the grips of the car. It is a key-less car, meaning that you have a button to start it. However, there was no interior trunk opener. To open the trunk it required me to get out the keys from my pocket and use the remote. If there was a button in the car, it wasn't stage clearly. Another thing I found was the trunk space was extremely small. I could only fit one standard suit case and 2 carry-on and one kids suit case. The standard suit case could not be placed on it's side (up right position). It is a standard dimension suit case and did not have this issue in my VW Passat. There was room above the suit cases, but I was still off by half an inch to stack a smaller suitcase. This was frustrating (only 4 of us traveling) when loading up the car and I'm really good about utilizing every possible configuration to maximize space. Needless to say one suitcase had to travel with the kids in the back seat. This became a concern since I didn't want to leave the suitcase in the backseat only for the car to be broken into. While I praised the stereo above, the controls of the stereo are only found on the steering wheel and the I-Drive Touch Interface system. Unfortunately, when transferring from each car modes (Eco, Comfort, Sport) the main info screen changes as well and locks out the the music screen that was on display. You had to wait for the screen to go back from the mode screen to the music screen before you can do anything with regards to music. If not you wind up being locked into the mode screen. This happen to me for a couple of times when I changed my driving mode and tried changing my music to fit he drive. Unfortunately, I got locked into the car mode screen multiple time which was quite frustrating. The last gripe I have with this car was the cup holders. For a hot coffee enthusiast like myself, I drink my coffee with a sleeve. Now when placing the cup of coffee into the cup holder the cup and sleeve fits with no problem, but when removing the cup to take a drink the sleeve gets caught on a lip of the cup holder. To make matters worse, it is a pain to fish out the sleeve from the cup holder. The lip is caused by two mismatched size holes. Really made me wonder how this could of happened and gotten missed when designing this part of the car. Overall, I was originally supposed to get a Chevy Impala as a rental car but glad I was able to try this car out. It would have been interesting to compare these two and provide some feedback, since this is the other car I'm considering in buying. Even with some of the quirkiness of the car design, I have to admit it the ride was smooth when in the comfort mode. Unfortunately, I it is not enough for me to consider this car as part of my next future buy line-up."