2014 BMW 3 Series Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $33,312 - $35,393.

10/8.3

Based on 79 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

Love the vehicle overall

By on Saturday, January 24, 2015

"Luxury and power well matched. My only gripe is the awkward shifting it makes at slow speeds when I first get going out of my driveway in the parking lot ...it seems to jolt. Next time I'm getting the smooth shifting 5 series."

Very good vehicle

By on Sunday, January 18, 2015

Pros: "acceleration, build quality and fun to drive"

Cons: "storage, costly options, few standard features"

"I've owned this vehicle for 19 months, and my overall impression is favorable. On the positive side, the car has exceptional build quality, a rigid chassis, powerful turbo charged 4 cylinder engine, and once the turbo gets spooled up, this thing runs like a hungry cheetah! On the down side, every option comes a la carte and at a premium cost. I live in New England, therefore I opted for the XDrive, cold weather pkg., Nav & leather seats, which stickered at over $46,000.00, yet no back-up camera- no reason for a car in this class not to have a backup camera standard. Also the steering is far too light, and not reminiscent of previous generation 3s. That said, this car is not about practicality. If that were the case, I would have purchased a Honda Accord. In the end, the car really is a joy to drive, sips gas, when I'm not putting my foot in it, and has been exceptionally reliable. Would I purchase another? YES!"

Best car I've ever owned

By on Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Pros: "Acceleration, handling, gas mileage, comfort, fun,"

"I've owned several different cars including Infinity, Audi, Porsche, and several BMW's, but this one surpasses them all. Acceleration, handling, gas mileage, reliability, fun. I will let this go at 100,000 miles but it will be hard to do. Cant believe it books at only $23,500 right now. What a steal that would be for someone. the 100,000 mile/6 year maintenance along with the 100,000 mile/6 year full warranty means it doesn't cost me a penny until mid-2018. That is peace-of-mind."

2013 BMW 328i M Sport Line (CPO). I love this car

By on Friday, October 10, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive and great gas mileage"

Cons: "Start/Stop feature; Pricey; Sound of the engine"

"I purchased this car five months ago and this is my first BMW to own and I am thoroughly pleased. I sold a full size SUV for this car and was concerned about the smaller interior space but I find that I did not use the space but just a few times a year. It was nice putting my mountain bike in the back of the SUV but there is not an issue with the car as I purchased a bike rack. I am blown away by the power of the four cylinder twin turbo engine as well as the amazing gas mileage. I get 33 mpg in the city and 37 mpg on the highway in economy mode. It is a very tight handling machine and I feel very much in control. I have never experienced a car that could handle the way this one does and it is truly the ultimate driving machine. Regarding the cons mentioned above, my previous vehicle was a Chevrolet Tahoe Hybrid and the conversion from the electric motor to the gas motor was seamless; however, with the BMW (start/stop feature), when the gas motor kicks in, the car jerks. The sound of the engine sounds like it is running with rubber bands. Even though I love the car, BMW seems to love their cars as well as it is reflected in their prices. Overall, the appearance (interior/exterior) and all of the small features like the light package (lights under each exterior door handle and focal interior lights) makes this car so much fun to drive. I am not one to immediately fall in love with a vehicle until I saw this one and I just knew I had to have it. I would highly recommend this vehicle to anyone who is looking for a fun sporty/classy car to drive."

A fun little jet fighter

By on Thursday, August 28, 2014

Pros: "Super handling, rocket pickup, tight, great MPG"

Cons: "First year for the model, lots of bugs"

"My 3rd BMW and a mixed review. On the pro side, accelerates like a rocket, handles like it's on rails, looks great, rides tight, and gets 39MPG on the Hwy (and we go back and forth to a beach house 150 miles away). The cons: BMW lets the world be their beta test market. Problems with tail lights falling off (3 times,until a redesign fixed that)problems with tire pressure monitor sys (7 times, then new programming fixed it)and a leaky trans cooler. I'd consider a 2013 or 2014 where these bugs have been resolved."